Profile for Fabia > Reviews

Tune In Tomorrow... [DVD]
Dvd ~ Barbara Hershey
Offered by Bridge_Records

2.0 out of 5 stars Didn't like it., 27 Dec. 2009
This review is from: Tune In Tomorrow... [DVD] (DVD)
Can't stand Hershey in this movie. WHO the hell does her makeup? I didn't like the character nor the way she played her. Even darling Keanu couldn't save this film for me. His performance lacked something here. Maybe it is the story that is lacking - I never understand how the couple got together. They had zero chemistry. Peter Falk tries hard but this movie is all too contrived, too inprobable and way too unfunny I am afraid.

Night Before [DVD] [1988] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Night Before [DVD] [1988] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Offered by RAREWAVES USA

4.0 out of 5 stars Give it a try., 27 Dec. 2009
Although this looks like the typical Breakfast Club/Brat Pack type teen movie, The Night Before is actually a very funny film. Its a bit kinky and dirty, violent and gross, but totally hysterical.

The Prince of Pennsylvania [VHS] [1988]
The Prince of Pennsylvania [VHS] [1988]
VHS

5.0 out of 5 stars Keanu before the fiending started., 27 Dec. 2009
This movie makes me a little sad. Keanu in the early days when people were still giving him a break and saying what a great young actor he was. I still think he is a great actor but alas, movie critics need a whipping boy and Keanu is it.

This lovely little film makes me laugh. The image of Keanu dragging a fridge door down the highway will stay forever in my mind and bring back happy memories.

Offbeat, romantic and a little sad...but very funny in places too.

Feeling Minnesota [DVD] [1996]
Feeling Minnesota [DVD] [1996]
Dvd ~ Keanu Reeves
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT

5.0 out of 5 stars Adore this movie!, 27 Dec. 2009
I have watched this so many times I have lost count. What a bittersweet, charmingly funny black comedy this is. Keanu is amazing, Cameron is bearable (for a change), Dan Ackroyd is amusing and Vincent D'Onofrio steals many of the scenes he is in.

A annoying appearance by Courtney Love ruins the movie a little but on the whole, a strange yet wonderful film. The ending looks like it was tacked on with sellotape (as does Keanu's wig) but it doesn't ruin a great experience.

Getting Even
Getting Even
by Kayla Perrin

3.0 out of 5 stars Fun but long, 27 Dec. 2009
This review is from: Getting Even (Paperback)
I like Kayla Perrin but this story dragged a little for me. Too many plots and subplots - and one wonders if it is simply to make up the huge wordcount?

I did enjoy the 3 female protagonists 'getting even' though.

The Gift [DVD] [2001]
The Gift [DVD] [2001]
Dvd ~ Cate Blanchett
Offered by wantitcheaper

5.0 out of 5 stars One of my faves, 28 Dec. 2006
This review is from: The Gift [DVD] [2001] (DVD)
This is one of my favourite films ever, and my favourite Keanu Reeves role by far. Anyone who doubts he can act should watch this film and remember its the same guy who played Ted in Bill and Ted or Neo. A great performance from Cate too. She is captivating.

The scene with the fiddler by the river is haunting and gives me the heebie jeebies every time I see it (although nothing actually really happens).

Highly recommended.

Bram Stoker's Dracula [DVD] [1993]
Bram Stoker's Dracula [DVD] [1993]
Dvd ~ Gary Oldman
Offered by best_value_entertainment

3.0 out of 5 stars What a carry on, 20 Dec. 2006
This film is interesting I guess...but I couldnt help feel it was like a Hammer House of Horrors film with a larger budget. All the characters are so stereotypical. Theres the virginal one and the tarty one, the insane, slightly comedic one, the earnest young man, the nutty (but brilliant) professor..I mean crikey...there's even a cowboy!

People who single out Keanu for scorn are being unfair - the boy did ok. In my opinion the whole film suffers dreadfully from over-acting. His accent may not have been brilliant but neither was Sadie Frost's - and she is english.

Gary Oldman was fascinating - he always is - but that doesnt equate to good and I could barely understand a word Anthony Hopkins said.

Having said all this, it is worth a look. It is a beautiful film with a wonderful cast...it just didnt quite work in my opinion. If you are gonna blame anybody, blame the director. He settled for style over substance.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3