Profile for Debbie Stringer > Reviews

Content by Debbie Stringer

Debbie Stringer "debbie0802" (Yorkshire, UK)

Gurrumul
Gurrumul
Offered by uniqueplace-uk

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing album, 4 Jun. 2009
This review is from: Gurrumul (Audio CD)
I heard one track from this album on Radio 2 and loved it. I was so inspired by what I heard that as soon as I was able to I tracked down the album and bought it - and I have no regrets. The music of this man is wonderful, really relaxing - ideal to listen to when you want to chill out (I wouldn't recommend it for in the car, you might relax too much). I think the album will appeal to a wide range of music lovers.

Random Acts Of Kindness: 365 Ways to Make the World a Nicer Place
Random Acts Of Kindness: 365 Ways to Make the World a Nicer Place
by Danny Wallace

5.0 out of 5 stars You must buy this book - and then you must pass it on!, 11 Sept. 2005
I was looking recently for something light-hearted to read and stumbled across this book. I'd heard of Danny Wallace as I had previously read 'Are You Dave Gorman?' on my son's recommendation. Though I haven't read 'Join Me' yet (I will do as soon as possible!) I am told that it encourages people to perform random acts of kindness every Friday.
Random Acts of Kindness is a book which provides inspiration not just for Fridays but for every day. Many of the suggestions are things that many of us do anyway, but this book inspires you to give more thought to it. You are then encouraged to pass on the book to a stranger - and as soon as I do that I shall have to buy another copy to keep as it is so inspiring (and often funny too). What a heart-warming idea from Danny. In an age when we hear so much bad news it's good to know that there are people out there performing Random Acts of Kindness every day.