Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Learn more Click Here Shop Kindle Learn More Shop now Shop Women's Shop Men's Learn more Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now
Profile for LJ > Reviews

Content by LJ

LJ (Cornwall)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Mesllin Bluetooth Cup Car Charger Dual USB Cigarette Lighter Power Adapter 12v/24v Multi Function with 2-Socket Fast Charging for iPhone iPod Samsung HTC Andriod and More (Blue)
Offered by NINEWINE

1.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant concept, poor execution, 7 May 2017
The idea of this device is brilliant. 12v car multisocket with built in FM transmitter. However, when all you get is constant static/white noise its useless. I tried all frequencies and still no luck. No other transmitter I've had creates static like this thing. Maybe its faulty and I got unlucky. Returning for refund.

Honda Metal Chrome Logo Keyring Key Fob
Honda Metal Chrome Logo Keyring Key Fob
Offered by Home 4 Fashion

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice Honda Key Fob, 26 May 2016
Finished well, cheap price. Its a keyring, it holds my keys without breaking. Not much else I can say, 5*

1234-Buy DC114 Tyre Valve Dust Cap Chrome
1234-Buy DC114 Tyre Valve Dust Cap Chrome
Offered by epasal

5.0 out of 5 stars Good caps!, 26 May 2016
For a few quid they improve the look of the Civic. Finish is good on all 4. Would reccomend.

Tritton Katana 7.1 HD - headsets (Wired/Wireless, RF Wireless, PC/Gaming, Circumaural, 20 - 20000 Hz, Binaural)

4.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Sound!, 26 May 2016
Here we have the Tritton Katana HDs, the world’s first HDMI powered headset. Why HDMI? Better sound so they say…
I’ll try to give this review some structure and try to cover everything I possibly can. I’m using these primarily on the PS4.

Packaging (if anyone cares):
Nice box with the features clearly stated. The headphones are packaged tight to avoid damage in transit. This makes getting them out slightly tricky. If you have gorilla hands, be careful, go gently and eventually they will come out.

Build Quality and Comfort:
I personally don’t think they look good in white, I’d prefer black but I was impatient so here I am, with the white ones… They are quite snug, luckily my ears fit inside the cups so that’s good for me but I’m worried someone with a larger head might find them so uncomfortable they couldn’t be used. It’s a shame because if they had done more ergonomic testing they could’ve made these so much more comfortable. Don’t get me wrong, they’re not so bad you have to take them off every 20 minutes but after 2 hours a short break feels good. But you should be resting your eyes after 2 hours anyway… right guys?
I believe they’re primarily made up of ABS plastic, don’t hold me to that though, my eyesight has become impaired after playing for 3 hours without break. Either way yes they do come across as cheap looking. However, ABS plastic is strong, light, and slightly flexible so can withstand impact so I doubt they’d break easily. Unless of course you hurl them into your wall, after a fit of rage involving being killed by the kid who said he’s done naughty things to your mother. The little switches that control game volume and chat volume come across as very cheap, this is probably my biggest concern regarding quality control because if they break… well its game over.
Battery life seems excellent, charges up in about 4 hours and lasts anywhere between 15-20 hours. Don’t worry if you run out of juice either, play and charge is awesome to have, although a longer cable would have been better.
Some people have stated they lose sound (signal interruptions I’m guessing). I have not experienced this however obviously this will differ from home to home. It runs off the 2.4ghz frequency so anything nearby on the same frequency could potentially interrupt it. It’s one of those things were you won’t know until you try it.

Set Up:
Set up was easy, no pairing required between the headset and base station. Since my TV only has one HDMI input (shocking, I know) I have a HDMI switcher. In simple terms the connection goes like this: PS4 – Tritton Base Station – HDMI switcher – TV. I’ve experienced no problems using it with my HDMI switcher. A USB cable connects the PS4 and base station together, this supplies power to the base station and allows you to use your mic (you can now get revenge on the kid that insulted your mum). To power on the headset you hold down the power switch for 1 second, you then press the oversized button on the base station. Bingo! Headset connects to the base station and the Tritton logo lights up blue (truly amazing stuff). There’s some clear instructions in the manual to adjust all the PS4 settings, I won’t go into that.

Sound and Microphone:
The sound these produce are indeed very good. I’ve played several games now on my PS4 and the sound clarity between these and my old headset (Tritton AX180 Stereo accompanied with a Turtle Beach DSS2 Surround Sound Processor) is noticeable. Playing Rainbow Six Siege I was able to accurately pin point enemies, quite hard to do on that game since sometimes you can’t tell if they’re below or above you. GTA came to life even more, the cars sounded so much better! Battlefield 4 was epic with all the helicopters and jets circling around you. Can’t wait to try it with Uncharted 4! So I can say the sound quality is very good, the EQ modes don’t seem to make an awful lot of difference, not yet anyway. They go fairly loud (100db) if you hit the beep and wait 3 seconds, then continue. This is the EU maximum limit so unfortunately they can’t go louder else someone seems to think you might become deaf (possibly the same person who thinks you’ll go blind from not taking regular breaks?).
The chat sound is clear and can be adjusted to suit. The mic quality seems fine, pretty standard, gets the job done. I haven’t had any complaints. If you mute it a RED light appears on the mic, pretty cool. I find they could have perhaps made the boom mic a bit longer so it can reach the front of your mouth though.

Pricing:
Let’s be honest here, some headphones are ridiculous money. These have a RRP of £160 here in the UK (I paid £137). £160 for a headset that works cross platform along with any other HDMI source whilst delivering amazing 7.1 surround sound. I’d say they are very reasonably priced. Even more so when you compare them against their main competitors; Turtle Beach and Astro. Obviously neither TB nor Astro have released a HDMI headset yet, but they’re probably coming. Will they be this cheap though? I highly doubt it. A set of Astro A50s will still set you back £200+. In all fairness though, the Astros do look a lot nicer and judging by reviews, are more comfortable. However, I’ll take better sound quality and money left over. They’re only going on your head after all.

Conclusion:
Overall then, not the most comfortable of headsets, room for improvement regarding build quality but a 2 year warranty should cover you on that front if you’re concerned. Decent packaging, easy to set up, good battery life and the most important thing, VERY good audio. The clarity is superb from low to high, the bass isn’t over powering so you can hear footsteps easier but ample enough when the time comes for a mighty explosion. 4/5. Any questions feel free to ask. Sorry for the essay, now go and rest your eyes!
Comment Comment | Permalink

NF-F12 PPC 3000 PWM
NF-F12 PPC 3000 PWM

4.0 out of 5 stars Don't expect a miracle, 7 Jan. 2016
I have an AMD FX 8350 CPU within a NZXT H230 case, the case itself has only one intake fan and one exhaust fan fitted. I did have a Cooler Master CPU water cooler but the pump failed after just 12 months, this put me off water coolers and I started searching for a decent air cooler since my faith in water cooling had taken a hit. Since my heatsink clearance is only 158mm it somewhat limited my options. I finally came across the Cryorig H7, reviewed better than the popular 212 Evo I went ahead and purchased. My temps were manageable but I wanted lower, thats when I saw this beastly fan with its 100+ CFM rating. I took the Cryorig fan off the heatsink and placed it at the bottom of my case as another intake. Meanwhile the NF-F12 went on the heatsink. As a bit of a novice I was really expecting a noticeable difference, what with the addition of another intake and a much more powerful fan on the heatsink itself.

Truth be told, there is barely a difference in temperature, I'm maybe 2 degress better off. Moving on to the noise now, it gets pretty loud but that should be obvious. Below 1600 RPM it is very quiet but after 1600 RPM the sound changes to another pitch, at 2000 RPM its now very noticeable, the sound levels continue to rise until the RPMs max out (2885) on my fan. Due to the potential noise I highly reccomend using fan control software. I use SpeedFan which I've set to open automatically when Windows starts, I've manually tuned it so it remains at under 50% RPM until the CPU temps reaches 55 degrees, this means normal everyday use the fan is nice and quiet and only cranks up when playing games, 4K video etc.

Maybe I overrated what this fan was capable of, the FX 8350 is one of the hottest chips around and so it probably needs much more cooling than I'm willing to give it. Maybe a very good water cooler with 2 of these Noctua's attached would work a treat. Overall though, build quality is good, 6 year warranty, pushes alot of air, the 4 pin cable seems strong and is very long, price isn't that bad considering the specs of it. Just a shame it didn't work as I expected in my set up. Can't blame the fan for that though so 4 stars from me.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Dual Charger with Two Battery Packs (PS4/Xbox One)
Dual Charger with Two Battery Packs (PS4/Xbox One)

5.0 out of 5 stars Seems good!, 30 Dec. 2015
Paid £6 for this when it was on a deal, for £6 it seems excellent. Time will tell how reliable it is. Charging indicators are clear and the blue lighting looks cool but can be turned off if preferred. Can't say I'd recommend it at £20 for PS4 users but for under £10 its ideal.

Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege (PS4)
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege (PS4)

5.0 out of 5 stars A 6" blade never loses reception..., 2 Dec. 2015
I had to write this review to outweigh the negative reviews. First things first, there is no campaign mode, if you don't do your research about a game first and are then disappointed it doesn't have something, that's your mistake. I bought this knowing full well its a team multiplayer game and I'm glad I bought it.

I'll get the minor negatives out the way first. The movement is shall we say a tad clunky, bit like the Battlefield series. The character feels really heavy but I guess that adds to the realism. You soon get used to it though so that's good. Next up is graphics, they're nothing special but adequate. However, the game play more than makes up for this.

I'll be honest, after playing the beta I was expecting server issues on launch. To my surprise though 95% of the time the game runs flawlessly. Nice job! Sure there are small issues here and there but nothing a patch can't handle shortly.

I'll get to the main point now. This game is different, its not your generic FPS, its strategical, it requires teamwork, it requires quick and clever thinking. This game with communication comes to life. It's the most fun game I've played in a long time. It won't be everyone's cup of tea due to its style of gameplay so watch videos or rent it before buying. I really hope this game does well, not only because I want the online player count to grow but because I'd love to see a sequel in 2 years time!

Vision Gear Knob PK GKC-028 6-Speed 10x1.5mm
Vision Gear Knob PK GKC-028 6-Speed 10x1.5mm

5.0 out of 5 stars A good solid knob, 27 April 2015
Surprised by the quality of this gear knob, it is very weighty and solid! Obviously time will tell how it stands up to everyday wear but first impressions are good. Fits in my 08 Honda Civic perfectly after adjusting the nut accordingly. The only thing I will say is it is a tad smaller than I expected (thats what she said)... That concludes this quick review, I'm off to play with my new knob!

Pellor Olympic Gymnastic Rings With Number And Buckles Straps For Upper Body Strength Fitness And Bodyweight Exercising, Suspension Training - Taking Your Body To A New Level Of Strength & Endurance
Offered by Pellor Direct

4.0 out of 5 stars Good gym rings with some minor niggles, 20 Feb. 2015
I'll cut to the chase since you probably know the positives of exercising using gym rings. The wood is of good quality and has been finished well. The buckles, although sturdy, are a pain to thread the strap through. They should be re-designed to make it quicker and easier. The measurements on the straps are good to have as it makes life easier when getting the rings level. However, they are starting to wear off so be warned. Nothing some white paint or a white pen cant fix though...

Voi Mens Schalke Low-Top VFW00289 Black 12 UK, 46 EU
Voi Mens Schalke Low-Top VFW00289 Black 12 UK, 46 EU

5.0 out of 5 stars Good affordable footwear, 20 Feb. 2015
This review is from: Voi Mens Schalke Low-Top (Shoes)
Needed some plain black shoes for work and obviously didn't want to spend alot. These are perfect! They're cheap, look better than other plain black trainers and are well made. They fit as expected and after 2 months they really are quite comfy and show no signs of wear.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3