Profile for Zoe Topping > Reviews

Content by Zoe Topping

Zoe Topping (Denver, Colorado. USA)

The Silver Dragon's Quest
The Silver Dragon's Quest
by Zoe Topping

5.0 out of 5 stars A Magical and Delightful Book, 9 Jan. 2008
"The Silver Dragon's Quest" is the story of Robbie, a young silver dragon who exhibits extraordinary courage in his quest to find the Great Shining Dragon. With his friend Toby, and a quirky mouse companion, Wilberforce Abercrombie the 27th, Robbie bravely battles his way through many adversities to achieve his goal. This is a most imaginative and delightful tale with exciting twists and turns, one you will thoroughly enjoy reading to your youngsters, and they will undoubtedly keep you turning page after page. Beyond the obvious story line, a thread of Conscious Wisdom will be recognized by the sensitive adult -- a thread which listening children may absorb unconsciously, and to their benefit. Zoe Topping is an author with a rare, almost mystical touch. While keeping us involved in the colorful adventures of the little Silver Dragon, she subtly stirs within us a realization of our own eternal Inner Journey. Topping's first book, "The Silver Dragon's Quest", holds a promise of becoming a modern classic which can only leave us hoping for more.

-- Melissa Dixon, Award winning poet, author of "Slow Spring Water"

Protector
Protector
by Laurel Dewey

5.0 out of 5 stars Protector by Laurel Dewey, 22 Jan. 2007
This review is from: Protector (Paperback)
I have just finished reading this book and found it absorbing, provoking, challenging, gritty and satisfying. When I finished it, all I could say was

"Wow! What a book"!

The plot is fast moving and exciting, with many twists and turns but the stories behind the story, the emotional upheavals, the psychological impacts, and the tantalizing threads of metaphysical unfoldings are very powerful and grabbed me on many different levels.

All the characters are well drawn, giving clear pictures of their personalities, but Jane, the Protector and Emily, the silent witness, are fascinating and really pulled me into the depths of their challenges. I found myself eager for them to win through and overcome their personal fears, flaws and tragedies. To me, that was equally as important as solving the intricate murders.

This book defies classification in the normal genres. I think it is starting a genre of its own because it covers a variety of bases: thriller, murder mystery, metaphysical tingler, plus psychological and emotional impact. At the end, the unlikely winner is love - the love of one human being for another.

I could not put this book down, and highly recommend it to anyone who likes substance to their reading. *****