Profile for Alexandra > Reviews

Content by Alexandra

Alexandra "Transitioner" (wisbech, uk)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-14
Óvešur
Óvešur

5.0 out of 5 stars Scary but thrilling at the same time., 13 July 2016
This review is from: Óvešur (MP3 Download)
Sigur Rós return with something far more darker than the already very dark Kveikur album, and some fans are not really feeling this new direction, but personally i am living this new sound! I feel it harks back to their roots more than any other recent song they have produced, while still sounding incredibly new.

This is not meant to be an easy listen, sigur ros want us to feel discombobulated upon hearing this, attacking our senses with an intense sound, machine gun fire like drums with disjointed searing strings for the mid section, taking us to a place where out fears manifest and take hold of us like demons in the night. But Jonsi's wonderful voice is soothing and melancholy, brooding like the rain clouds that hang over icelandic landscapes for days on end!

I personally love this new song, and i cannot wait for their new album to come along, it promises to be one heck of a journey, which is typical of sigur ros. In my eyes, those 3 boys can do no wrong, i may be biased as they are my favourite group and have been for well over a decade now, so this is not the best review of a song ever, but it is simply my opinion, dont be scared, let sigur ros take you somewhere you have never been before, and enjoy the journey while it lasts!

TECHGEAR® 2in1 Cable - Micro USB to USB & 3.5mm Aux Standard Audio Jack Connection Cable - Compatible with many speakers, Mp3 Players, Mp4 Players etc
Offered by TECHGEAR Solutions

1.0 out of 5 stars Utter Rubbish., 26 April 2016
Didn't work at all, do not buy, this is the worst thing i ever bought online.

DBPOWER 1080P Waterproof Action Camera DV 12MP HD DVR Camcorder + Mounting Accessories Kit
Offered by dvtecheu

3.0 out of 5 stars Good image quality, really bad audio., 26 April 2016
I own two DBPower action camera's, same specs, 12mp, 1080p, identical to this one, I did not buy them on amazon but elsewhere, however, I feel I should point out all the good things about this camera, and the bad things.

The first DBPower camera arrived already damaged, the directional buttons on the side were pushed right into the body meaning I could not use the menu at all and effectively rendering it useless, because the time stamp was showing, also the wrong date and no way to change it, it also recorded in 3 minute segments, which is annoying when I always record in large chunks. Thankfully it was recording video at 1080p, and images were the full 12mp.

A replacement was sent out with the instruction to not bother returning the faulty camera, so I now use it purely as a dash cam.

The second one arrived undamaged, and works fine, I can go through the menu, change all the settings etc, but I did notice there was no timelapse feature, which can be found on nearly all these gopro clone action-cam's, however it does have motion detect, as well as face detection/smile detection, though what use these features are for is beyond me, the lens is a wide angle fisheye with a 170 degree field of view, so you would need to get pretty close to it for a selfie, and the distortion would be awful, so why bother?

Anyway, I the video is in colour, no matter if you set it to black and white or sepia, it will always do video in colour, the B&W and sepia is for photographs only, but the HDR works on both stills and movies, so thats a bonus. You can also alter the exposure pretty well too, and the white balance is not too bad actually, though it is still warm indoors even with the tungsten WB set.

Image quality is rather impressive for a camera of this size and ilk, though a little soft perhaps, not as sharp as the EX5000 camera's that are also doing the rounds.

It also comes with umpteen accessories and mounts.

Thats the good stuff out of the way.

The sound is effing terrible, and I do mean TERRIBLE!!! It is shockingly bad, very noisy yet barely picks up the audio, And both camera's are like this, it is just plain awful, not good for vlogging on the move, I know you can buy external mic's that go into the micro USB input, I may have to invest in one, however I also use another camera entirely for vlogging and good audio, but still, a usable audio would have been nice instead of this atrocious racket. I use my camera's without the protective waterproof housing, seeing as I don't do watersports, there is little point in mounting it in there, but I guess if I did, then the audio would fail completely on picking up my voice.

I also own one of those EX5000 camera's. a Tec.Bean branded one, which has far better audio, yet DBPower and Tec.Bean are the same company, so why the audio is so much different between these two camera's is beyond me.

The waterproof housing that comes with it is not great quality, it can be forced open very easily, in fact I can do it with my little finger, quite literally, so you drop the camera and case and they will both likely suffer damage.

And one last thing, that lens cloth, throw it away, it is p... poor quality, do not use it on your expensive lenses, please, its not worth it, it falls apart ever so easily and makes more mess than it takes away.

EBL AA AAA Fast Charge Battery Charger with 8 Counts AAA Ni-MH Rechargeable Batteries 800 mAh with Battery Cases
Offered by EBL Official

5.0 out of 5 stars Good buy., 22 Mar. 2016
Really good charger, now have two of these to charge all my AA's, never gets overtly hot, and the indicators soon let you know when they are fully charged. The lead that comes with it will plug into all camera battery chargers too, worth noting if intending to go away with both but you forget to take one lead with you, its got that universal double pin that plugs into the charger itself!

Tomeasy 65W AC Adapter Laptop Charger for Asus X401A X501A X502CA X550CA X550LA X551CA X401U X401 X501 X501U X301A X301 X402CA X402; R510C R510D R510L R503C R503A R509C; K550 K550CA K550L K550LA K551 K551LB; D550MA D550M D550CA D550C; 550C; A450C; S405CA; X551CA-HCL1201L, X502CA-RB01, X550CA-DB51, X502CA-BCL0901D, X401A-BCL0705Y, X401U-BE20602Z, D550MA-DS01, D550CA-BH31 Ultrabook 19V 3.42A
Offered by KFD POWER(Delivery in 3-5 days)

Polaroid Optics 58mm CPL Circular Polarizer Filter
Polaroid Optics 58mm CPL Circular Polarizer Filter
Offered by Smart Shop UK

5.0 out of 5 stars good glass!!!!, 22 Mar. 2016
Good CPL, works a treat, the optical quality is very good indeed, very decent glass in my opinion, intend to buy more for my other lenses.

Duracell Pre Charged Rechargeable 2500mAh AA Batteries--Pack of 8
Duracell Pre Charged Rechargeable 2500mAh AA Batteries--Pack of 8
Offered by Battery Warehouse

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth it., 22 Mar. 2016
Love these, they stay charged for so long, and never let me down, i would rather fork out for these than buy some cheap 3000mAh chinese unbranded ones which hold their charge for about 3 minutes.

My only use for them is in speedlights (flashguns), so i need good, reliable, powerful batteries, these do the job nicely, never tried the eneloops but i feel i do not need to, these duralocks are superb!

K&F Concept® 58mm Slim Fader Variable ND Neutral Density Adjustable ND2 to ND400 Lens Filter for Canon 600D EOS M M2 700D 100D 1100D 1200D 650D DSLR Cameras + Cleaning Pen
Offered by dcmall

1.0 out of 5 stars cheap and nasty., 22 Mar. 2016
My goodness me, the optics in this are so so bad, moving the filter in front of me makes everything wobble like a crazy hall of mirrors, and thats just moving it up and down, not waving it around and tilting the glass, but just moving the filter up and down in front of me makes everything go all wavy.

I know all ND's give a colour cast, but the colour cast from this was ridiculous!

Do not waste your money on this piece of nastiness, buy a load of cokin ND filters instead, cheap and reliable, not cheap and nasty.

TEC.BEAN 2.0 Inch Action Sports WIFI Camera With 14MP 170 Degree Wide Angle and Two Rechargeable Batteries (WIFI Silver)
Offered by Val-Mart EU

3.0 out of 5 stars Not the best, not the worst either., 22 Mar. 2016
I bought this camera at a very discounted price on ebay, no amazon, and i bought it off my own back, no one asked me to buy this to review it, so this is a completely unbiased review.

Firstly, you get lots of attachments, handy, though i already have a silly amount of attachments sat in a drawer. But no one wants to hear about grip mounts and 3m pads, so lets get down to the nitty gritty eh?

Image quality. Its ok, it is, its not bad at all, the image is sharp, the 170 lens really captures a lot of your surroundings, and in daylight its a really nice colour, the sky is blue, not cyan, unlike many action cams, however in tricky lighting situations it will overexpose/underexpose quite a bit. In low light this camera is pretty good, though it only has a maximum iso of 400, i feel it does a good job in low light, as a dashcam its decent enough. The white balance seems to change nowt, it looks the same no matter what WB setting you use, daylight and cloudy should look similar, one cooler, one warmer, and the tungsten one should be bluish, but it looks like its set to daylight no matter what settings i use.

My tec.bean could shoot in black and white at first, for some reason now it refuses to do it, when i set it to B&W in the menu, then go back to the main menu, then go back into colour options, it will state it is in monochrome mode, so you would think it will now record in B&W, right? Nope, it records in colour, and going back into the menu for the colour options, the colour option is highlighted, not the B&W one. So you only really get colour video, not an issue, i can convert to mono in processing. Resetting it to the default settings does nowt.

Sound quality. Not great, it sounds like it has some interference from the wifi or something, it has this continuous beeping noise, however it is not overtly loud, but it is noticeable, though when blogging in my car while driving, the noise is less noticeable.

Apparently this can connect to an iphone or android, it wont work on any of my smartphones, not even my iphone 6s will connect properly, but again no real big issue for me, the 170 degree lens means if i am doing a bit to camera, im probably going to be in shot every time anyway, wide angles do that, plus it has a good 2inch screen on the back of it.

All that being said, i quite like this little action cam, my needs are basic, im not as big into film making as i am into stills photography, so i dont need uber cool gear for video, i just film myself doing photography and post it to youtube, thats it, well, that and filming when taking the dog for a walk.

I will add however, while recording, i dropped this camera and right away the footage became grainy as hell, oh b*gg*r, i thought, there goes another camera... nope, i removed and replaced the sd card and the grain vanished,

Dumb Flesh
Dumb Flesh

5.0 out of 5 stars good for ears!, 7 Sept. 2015
This review is from: Dumb Flesh (MP3 Download)
His last album was very dreamlike almost, compared to this one, this has much more energy and drive, some complex arrangements and some very twisted up industrialized samples but it works so well. Definitely worth a listen.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-14