Profile for I. C. Thackray > Reviews

Content by I. C. Thackray

I. C. Thackray (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
LED Book Light, Amir® (4 LEDs) music stand light lamp, Rechargeable and Flexible, Daylight White, Travel Light, Clip Light with Stand, for Reading at Night and eye-friendly, Books, Kindle, Nook, Recipes, music score, Great for readers, Kids & Children & Adults,with USB Cable & AC Charger
Offered by Amir UK

5.0 out of 5 stars has been excellent: it provides enough light for me on the ..., 12 July 2016
This item, so far, has been excellent: it provides enough light for me on the first setting, which means it won't need charging so often, doesn't cast a shadow over the page due to the 4 lights and is very flexible; I had a previous light similar to this but as well as not being anywhere near as bright, after a short period one of the bulbs started to flicker and subsequently failed.
As already stated, up to now this item has worked perfectly and appears to be robust.
I thoroughly recommend.

Under The Influence Vol. 4 Compiled By Nick The Record
Under The Influence Vol. 4 Compiled By Nick The Record

4.0 out of 5 stars Better than the first 3, 23 Oct. 2015
Better than the first 3, which are very good. Check it out if you like soulful dance music that is a bit obscure.

MT Styles - R-7099 - Monaco - Long-Sleeve T-Shirt - 2-in-1 - Turquoise - L
MT Styles - R-7099 - Monaco - Long-Sleeve T-Shirt - 2-in-1 - Turquoise - L

5.0 out of 5 stars looks great, feels great, 23 Oct. 2015
So far: looks great, feels great. This is one of the best purchases I've made.

MT Styles - R-7128 - True - Long-Sleeve T-Shirt - 2-in-1 - White - L
MT Styles - R-7128 - True - Long-Sleeve T-Shirt - 2-in-1 - White - L

5.0 out of 5 stars looks great, feels great, 23 Oct. 2015
So far: looks great, feels great. This is one of the best purchases I've made.

Spandau Ballet ''The Story'' The Very Best of (Deluxe)
Spandau Ballet ''The Story'' The Very Best of (Deluxe)

5.0 out of 5 stars 1" which is superior to previously available versions, 23 Oct. 2015
I am a Spandau fan so I have most of the songs on this album already, however it is worth having for the new songs and (especially) the remix of "Chant N.O. 1" which is superior to previously available versions. Worth having for long term fans and newcomers wanting a good retrospective.

MT Styles - R-509 - Regatta - Track Bottoms - Black/blue - L
MT Styles - R-509 - Regatta - Track Bottoms - Black/blue - L

5.0 out of 5 stars So Comfortable: So Cool, 8 Oct. 2015
So far these seem to be the best track bottoms I have bought for many years. They have a great, comfortable tight fit and the motifs are quality having vibrant colouring. I am going to buy another pair.

MT Styles - R-523 - Flag - Track Bottoms - Grey - L
MT Styles - R-523 - Flag - Track Bottoms - Grey - L

5.0 out of 5 stars I Love These, 8 Oct. 2015

Inside No 9 Season 1
Inside No 9 Season 1
Dvd

5.0 out of 5 stars A "must see". Definitely worth buying., 9 May 2015
Wasn't aware of this until the second series aired and immediately I had to check out the season 1. I think it is brilliant, innovative TV: short stories that are intriguing, making you wonder what the narrative is building to and when the climax comes, often with a surprise twist, it always has that "Wow" factor.

Both seasons are "must sees" and I am already desperately hoping there will be a third season.

Twist In My Sobriety
Twist In My Sobriety

5.0 out of 5 stars A forgotten classic torch song., 24 Jan. 2015
This is, by me anyway, a forgotten 80s song that I loved; I didn't like anything else she did really but this sombre mood song just seemed to move me. However as stated I had somehow forgotten it until one morning I heard it being played on Absolute 80s (Brilliant Radio Station) and it grabbed my attention once again. As a result I got straight on to Amazon and typed in the song title, selected "Digital Music", and downloaded the song. A must have!

Soul Boys of the Western World
Soul Boys of the Western World
Dvd

5.0 out of 5 stars If this was a piece of fiction you'd probably say it was a bit corny but it's all true and a great story. This is a much better, 4 Jan. 2015
The story of Spandau told with interviews and various pieces of video footage, cleverly assembled to chart and illustrate the rise to international stardom, the drifting apart, the tragedy of court action and the comeback.

If this was a piece of fiction you'd probably say it was a bit corny but it's all true and a great story. This is a much better way of charting the chronology of a band than getting actors to play the parts in a dramatisation; there can be no suspicions of dramatic licence altering the authenticity of the facts.

It's entertaining to watch, has a great soundtrack and I believe is not just for those who are nostalgic for their younger years. Everyone who loves a story about real people, and how their competing egos, shifting priorities through life and sense of injustice can lead them to destroy the thing they have cherished most in life but with humility and the realisation of what they have lost can succeed in regaining it, will enjoy this film.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3