Profile for K. Durban-jackson > Reviews

Content by K. Durban-jackson

K. Durban-jackson

Page: 1 | 2
Voice in the Night: The True Story of a Man and the Miracles That Are Changing Africa

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Grace on every page, 4 Feb. 2016
To see the mercy of God through the agency of faithful and humble men and woman is breathtaking. Hallelujah !

Always Enough: God's Miraculous Provision among the Poorest Children on Earth
Always Enough: God's Miraculous Provision among the Poorest Children on Earth

5.0 out of 5 stars Miracles just like in Jesus day. Hallelujah, 6 Dec. 2015
Inspirational and so encouraging to see similar miracles and healing as when Jesus walked this earth

The Warthog's Tusk: Samuel Kumalo Mystery
The Warthog's Tusk: Samuel Kumalo Mystery

4.0 out of 5 stars Nostalgic Rhodesian Mystery, 13 Mar. 2014
This book follows on seamlessly from Dave Slater's first book "The Biscuit Barrel" which I thoroughly enjoyed.
I rated this four star since I felt it did not quite run to the same depth as the first book.
I would recommend this book to any of my compatriots who will be taken back accurately to the old Colonial days. Dave's knowledge of Gold mining and forensics is impressive, and I loved the use of local vernacular which really brings the story alive.Samuel Kumalo comes through as a strong innovative character who succeeds despite the social prejudices of that era.As a de facto detective no doubt we will meet Samuel again investigating more unsolved murders.

The One Year Bible NLT (One Year Bible: Nlt)
The One Year Bible NLT (One Year Bible: Nlt)

5.0 out of 5 stars gets me thru the Bible in a year, 11 Feb. 2014
I chose this version because of it's plain english script, butb still very accurate to original text. I take this with me on Kindle everywhere

Pacsafe Metrosafe 100 GII hip & shoulder bag - Black
Pacsafe Metrosafe 100 GII hip & shoulder bag - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars My second one!, 27 Jan. 2014
I feel my cards etc are very safe with this "man bag". Gave the other one to my sister before she went out to Asia.

The Grace Outpouring: Blessing Others Through Prayer
The Grace Outpouring: Blessing Others Through Prayer
by Roy Godwin

5.0 out of 5 stars Uplifting!, 2 Dec. 2013
I was encouraged to seek God in a deeper way with this excellent book. Many of my colleagues have now also bought this book and feel the same.

Sons of Africa
Sons of Africa

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliantb and vibrant, 1 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Sons of Africa (Kindle Edition)
I am a Son of Africa, 5th generation and loved this book which beautifully followed the hard trail of the founders of Rhodesia as they trekked by horse-cart from Kimberley to the new frontiers of gold. The inevitable conflict between white sons and black sons is powerfully portrayed with balanced perspective. Well done Jeffrey.

Garmin Approach S1 GPS Golf Watch - Black
Garmin Approach S1 GPS Golf Watch - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars GPS now affordable by anyone, 1 Jun. 2013
I came across this product in a recent golf match and just had to have one. At this price it's no more expensive than a decent golf club and saves so much time looking out for yardage markers on the course especially when they are flat discs and then people are yelling out "can you see any markers"?. They then pace out the yardage and more time is lost.I discussed this with the owner of our golf course who had a ban on the use of such equipment. This was based on an historic decision when GPS devices were circa £500+ and it was felt that it gave advantage to the more prosperous member's.As a result he has now lifted this ban in the senior division in the interests of speeding up play which is an issue with all clubs.
Garmin offer more sophisticated devices which offer more detailed information,but all I want is the yardage since I already know where the bunkers and hazards are on our course. I prefer GPS on my wrist rather than on the golf cart because its always with me even when I have to go in search of an "errant" ball. Get a life , get a Garmin.
KDJ West Sussex

MORNING AND EVENING: DAILY READINGS
MORNING AND EVENING: DAILY READINGS

4.0 out of 5 stars Prayer never changes even if the language does, 1 Feb. 2013
I thought I would find the old English prose a bit stuffy from Spurgeon,but I'm delighted to say that I find his Morning and Evening prayers inspirational. A man truly inspired by The Holy Spirit a blessing to all readers

Assegai (The Courtneys Series Book 13)
Assegai (The Courtneys Series Book 13)

4.0 out of 5 stars A good read, 4 Jan. 2013
As a white African I wanted to be immersed in the smell of the Bush once again .The story has many twists and turns and the language is very descriptive but a little predictive . I did enjoy being back in Africa .

Page: 1 | 2