Profile for Boab > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Hornby R1151 Caledonian Belle 00 Gauge Electric Train Set
Hornby R1151 Caledonian Belle 00 Gauge Electric Train Set

3.0 out of 5 stars Trak 'mat' - yeah right!, 18 Dec. 2015
OK, so our son hasn't yet got this for Christmas but I'd just like people to know that the Trakmat is nothing more than a printed sheet of glossy paper. The term 'Trakmat' made me think that it would be at least a thin felt type printed mat. Very disappointed with the reality. Let's hope the rest is of better quality.

The Dream Shall Never Die: 100 Days that Changed Scotland Forever
The Dream Shall Never Die: 100 Days that Changed Scotland Forever

4.0 out of 5 stars Not bad, 4 April 2015
Got through the book quite quickly. Not a lot new in here but a decent read. I found it a bit self-indulgent at times and wondered on more than one occasion whether the entries,had been changed with a bit of hindsight added in.

The summary of where we are now in Scotland is spot on though. Independence is inevitable now and a great deal of the credit goes to this man.

Eggy Words
Eggy Words

2.0 out of 5 stars Think about it developers, 28 Feb. 2015
This review is from: Eggy Words (App)
As a previous reviewer said, while my son enjoyed playing it for a bit, the thing which made him laugh out loud was the 'boing' whenever he touched a frying pan by mistake. Well, it was a mistake the first time. After that it was all he wanted to press.

Disunited Kingdom: How Westminster Won A Referendum But Lost Scotland
Disunited Kingdom: How Westminster Won A Referendum But Lost Scotland

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting, 19 Jan. 2015
The book sums up nicely the feeling you get which is running through Scotland. It's an easy read, not too heavy and sums up how rejuvenated and engaged the electorate has become as a result of the referendum. Yes or no, that can only be good, except for the Establishment. His final sentence sums up my own feeling; the genie is out the bottle now and independence will be along soon enough.

SS-GB
SS-GB

3.0 out of 5 stars Better than Dominion, 28 Mar. 2014
This review is from: SS-GB (Kindle Edition)
This book was pretty good. I could see how it was going to end, though. I won't spoil it by passing comment. An easy read and pretty good.

Shades
Shades

1.0 out of 5 stars Short stories, 22 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Shades (Kindle Edition)
I just didn't get this at all. Not my style of book at all. Thankfully it was quite short or I wouldn't have finished it. Even the stories with twists were pretty cliched and predictable.

The Moonstone
The Moonstone

3.0 out of 5 stars Readable, 15 Aug. 2013
This review is from: The Moonstone (Kindle Edition)
This wasn't a bad book. Certainly readable. I may have struggled to get into it a bit as there's a new baby in the house so my reading is sporadic to say the least. However, I did find it a bit slow in the middle. Seemed to drag on for longer than it needed to. Still ok though.

The Sense of an Ending
The Sense of an Ending
by Julian Barnes

4.0 out of 5 stars Strangely readable, 7 May 2012
This review is from: The Sense of an Ending (Paperback)
I thought I'd give this book a try as it's something different from what I usually read. All the while I was reading it I was thinking there wasn't really much happening but it was still a, strangely, very readable book. I thoroughly enjoyed it and would recommend it to anyone.

Eye of the Storm: Twenty-Five Years In Action With the SAS: 25 Years in Action with the SAS
by Peter Ratcliffe DCM.

5.0 out of 5 stars An honest book, 1 Jan. 2012
I have a friend who served with 22 SAS and he says this book is the one the guys there recommend anyone reads. No BS in here. An excellent book and a great mythbuster, including the whole Bravo 20 nonsense. Everyone who I've recommende this book to has thoroughly enjoyed it.

Sarah Millican Chatterbox (Live) [DVD] [2011]
Sarah Millican Chatterbox (Live) [DVD] [2011]
Dvd ~ Sarah Millican
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT

5.0 out of 5 stars Chatterbox, 1 Jan. 2012
Well, well, a funny comedienne. Nice to see there is a female comedian out there whose whole act doesn't revolve around slagging men off. This is the funniest DVD I've seen in ages and I'd recommend it to anyone. The only criticism I'd have is that all of the extras are of material she does in the main show so no point in them being on there.

Page: 1 | 2