Profile for Junior Hornet > Reviews

Content by Junior Hornet

Junior Hornet "hornet123" (Devon, UK)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
What Would Nietzsche Do?: How the greatest philosophers would solve your everyday problems
by Marcus Weeks

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Toilet Book, 26 Jun. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is not the sort of book to read from cover to cover, hence the toilet book description. It is entertaining enough, relating modern day problems to things that philosophers have said in the past.

To be honest, I found some of the "answers" a bit forced to fit the questions. I enjoyed reading it although, it's not something I would read again in all honesty. If you've got a few minutes to spare on a regular basis (hence the toilet reference) it is not a bad read.

Silentnight Hand Towel , Grey, Set of 2
Silentnight Hand Towel , Grey, Set of 2
Offered by Branded_Bedding

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Quality, 19 Jun. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
My first thought was that these towels are good quality though not as thick as the Egyptian cotton ones from Dunelm Mill, which is my usual preferred brand. Then I see from an earlier review that someone else thinks the same so I would just like to echo that opinion.

I am a big fan of Silentnight beds and, though this doesn't necessarily mean that their towels are good, compared to many brands that I have used, either my own towels or in someone else's house, I find these to be of a good quality and nice and soft.

The grey ones, which I am reviewing, are not really my colour, being more of a bluey beige (if that makes sense) than outright grey. They are, though, available in a limited range of other colours.

Whilst I will continue using my Dunelm Mill towels from day to day, these certainly make excellent spares or guest towels.

BIC Star Wars 4 Colours Shine Ballpoint Pens - Assorted Metallic Body, Pack of 3

5.0 out of 5 stars Light and comfortable to use, 16 Jun. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I remember having 4 colour pens when I was a kid and they were always bulky and difficult to hold in order to fit the four ink cartridges in, Not so these, which are light and very comfortable to hold and use. They are thicker than BIC Crystal pens, which are usully my pen of choice but this is understandable given the four colours within but nowhere near as bulky as the ones I used to use.

There are three pens in the pack, each with a Star Wars character, although my pack had two Stormtrooper pens - I presume that this is intentional as the picture above also has two Stormtroopers. As this is clearly aimed at Star Wars fans, I would have preferred three different characters, particularly if I was receiving them as a gift.

The four colours are black, blue, red and green. The mechanism is smooth and, having used one of the pens for a few days, I haven't had a jam as yet. Writing is smooth as I would expect from BIC. I haven't taken one apart to see how much ink is in each one (the ones I used to use didn't have much) but as long as it lasts, it is a nice pen to use.

Very handy for anyone who uses more than one colour and would be especially useful for schoolkids and students.

James Tyler Men's Jt175 Trouser, Black, 52 (Manufacturer Size: X-Large)
James Tyler Men's Jt175 Trouser, Black, 52 (Manufacturer Size: X-Large)

3.0 out of 5 stars OK but a bit small, 16 Jun. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Upon opening the pack, I thought that the material seemed cheap and thin but wearing them, I found them to be comfortable. I held them up to the light and found that I could almost see right through them. On the plus side they were light and comfortable to wear. I can't see them lasting too long though. They are smart in a smart casual way.

A word on sizing and ordering online. I am an XL in everything and don't usually have much trouble getting things that fit. In the last couple of weeks I have received from different manufacturers, a size XL jacket that was too small and a pair of size L jogging bottoms that fitted perfectly. These XL trousers are marginally small round the waist (maybe too much chocolate recently but that doesn't explain the size L that fit). I do have a short leg when buying trousers however, and these fit perfectly lengthwise. Therefore if you have a longer leg, I would advise buying a larger size (they do have a tie cord).

Lower East Men's Jogging Pants, Black, L
Lower East Men's Jogging Pants, Black, L

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, basic trousers, 11 Jun. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
These jogging trousers (not pants, we're not American) are comfortable and functional. I'm not a jogger but these are ideal for wearing around the house.

I did find these slightly larger than a large. I ordered them by mistake thinking they were XL but they fit perfectly. This is a problem with ordering clothes online as you can't try them on first. I ordered a jacket last week which was supposedly XL (usually my size) but it was too small.

Also, leg size and waist size can vary so a large may fit round the waist but be too long or short in the leg. If you want a guide to these particular trousers, I am usually an XL short leg and these size large fit perfectly.

Assuming these fit, they are very comfortable to wear.

prorelax TENS/EMS Super Duo Plus with Accessories Set (Eligible for VAT relief in the UK)

5.0 out of 5 stars Impressed, 9 Jun. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is the first time I have used a TENS machine and I have to say that I am impressed with it. I have had intermittent joint pain in the back and shoulders for a number of years requiring the occasional use of ibuprofen so was keen to try this drug free alternative.

First of all, it is imporant to read the instructions as there are some areas of the body not suitable for use and some people that, due to circumstance, it is not suitable for. Also, it ensures that is is used properly and safely.

Once the instructions are read and understood, it is easy to use. The electrodes connect securely to the body and the display is clear so that the correct program can be set. The unit itself feels solid and good quality.

In use, I found that there is a slight tingle to the affected area, which I am assured is normal, but it is not unpleasant. More like a massage than a tickly sensation. It took a few minutes to take full effect but then, so does iburofen. I used it around the lower part of the shoulder as you shouldn't use it on the neck. I haven't fully used the belt yet as I haven't had backpain since receiving this (it's more a winter thing) but the belt fits my ample waist nicely.

I know that the use of TENS is debatable within the medical profession but as a newcomer to this therapy, I am impressed with this unit. Whether or not I can be bothered to set it up and use it regularly rather then popping a couple of ibuprofen is another matter but I will certainly give it a go because it seems to work and reduces the dependency on medication.

Fellowes Calibre A4 InstaHeat Small Office Laminator
Fellowes Calibre A4 InstaHeat Small Office Laminator
Offered by Choice Stationery Supplies Limited

5.0 out of 5 stars Compact and effective, 8 Jun. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is ideal for home use or for a small office. It has a small footprint so will fit easily on the average desk. It warms up quickly and laminates a sheet of A4 in about a minute. Heat wise, it doesn't get too hot and cools down quickly after use.

It comes with a starter pack of 10 sheets but spares are easily purchased. Not really anything else to say. It does the job it is designed for well.

Onkyo E700MB Hi-Res In-Ear Headphone with Microphone - Black
Onkyo E700MB Hi-Res In-Ear Headphone with Microphone - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Great sound and comfortable fit., 8 Jun. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
As someone who regularly listens to music on the move, a decent set of discreet headphones is essential. These ones don't come particularly cheap but boy, do you get what you pay for.

First of all, as is usual with in-ear headphones, there is a choice of three sizes of bud to affix. I usually use the largest ones as these reduce external noise most effectively and fit my ears comfortably. These buds are no exception. There is also a set of foam buds but I found these uncomfortable. There is plenty of choice then and the best thing is to try out the different ones until you find the ones that fit best.

The twisted style of cable is good for reducing entanglement which, as well as being a nuisance, eventually leads to the intenal wire breaking, rendering the headphones useless. It is really annoying when you are at the beginning of a journey to find sound only coming out of one speaker. Hopefully then, these should last a bit longer than many of the cheaper phones. In my experience, in other brands, this has been the case.

Most importantly is the sound quality. I was really impressed with the clarity. Separation of instruments is noticeable and bass sounds are clear. CDs, being encoded at a high resolution are particularly clear and I also found a noticeable improvement when playing the MP3 compressed format (which many people, myself included, tend to listen to when out and about.

If you want a step up from the cheaper headphones, I can recommend these.

Mick Morrison Men's Mapari Sweat Jacket, Black (Schwarz/Dunkelblau 008), X-Large

2.0 out of 5 stars Not Great, 5 Jun. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
First of all, the sizing of this jacket is way off. I take an XL in shirts and jackets and normally, products of this size fit perfectly. This one, I struggled to get on and found it difficult to get my (fairly thin) wrists through the tight cuffs

The jacket itself is reminiscent of a tracksuit top and is quite smart. It is made of a shiny material and is fairly light.

One major problem I had was that the inside pocket split the first time I wore it causing my door keys to fall out. Luckily I noticed at the time or I would have been stuck. As the outside pockets do not have any sort of fastening and are small, the jacket is really not suitable for wearing when going about town but would be better suited for jogging or similar when you don't have to carry anything with you.

I don't want to be completely negative as it is smart and comfortable to wear (more so if the size was slightly larger) but to be honest, I found it impractical. Pricewise, it is a bargain though.

Design Toscano Monkey Business Jungle Welcome Statue
Design Toscano Monkey Business Jungle Welcome Statue

4.0 out of 5 stars Love it., 1 Jun. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I'm really impressed with this ape (not monkey as stated in the title). It is quite light so I can see why people have reservations about putting it in the garden but if you store it away in the winter, you should be OK. Not having a garden at the moment, I have it sitting against my TV cabinet and it looks smart.

I wouldn't call it totally lifelike although it is clearly a chimpanzee. The finish is glossy which, if kept in the garden, should fade in time. The welcome sign on it suggests that, if kept outside, it would fit nicely by the front door.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20