Profile for MyKeyReviews > Reviews

Content by MyKeyReviews
Top Reviewer Ranking: 82

MyKeyReviews (Hampshire, UK.)
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 100 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Konftel Ego Bluetooth Music Conference Mobile Speaker
Konftel Ego Bluetooth Music Conference Mobile Speaker

5.0 out of 5 stars A comprehensive speakerphone, 22 Aug. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
♦ Introduction ♦

The Ego is a compact and lightweight speakerphone designed for hands-free conference calls and music use.

It features a long lasting battery, multiple connection options (wired or Bluetooth), touch sensitive buttons and an LCD screen.

This product not only offers HD audio, it also boats "OmniSound" technology for 360° sound; great for when in use with multiple people who may not all be within able to fit within the same space.

♦ Box Contents ♦

∙ Main unit.
∙ Soft case which offers minimum protection, but helps prevent from getting dirty.
∙ USB to Micro USB cable.
∙ Instruction manual.

♦ Unit Set-Up & Use ♦

No matter which way you decide to connect with the speakerphone, I found it to be very straight forward.

- Wired Set-Up (PC/Laptop):
1) Connect your computer to the speakerphone via the included USB cable.
2) Hold down the power button on the speakerphone until it powers on.
3) You may be required to go in your "Playback device" settings and select the speakerphone as your default device / default communication device.

- Bluetooth Set-Up (PC/Laptop with enabled Bluetooth or smartphone/tablet):
1) Hold down the power button on the speakerphone until it powers on.
2) Hold down on the Bluetooth button for 2 seconds to enable Bluetooth connectivity.
3) Enable the Bluetooth on your device and search and connect to the speakerphone.

The speakerphone has several touch sensitive buttons available to initiate certain commands:
∙ Mute / pause & play.
∙ Volume down.
∙ Volume up.
∙ Bluetooth.
∙ Accept phone call / previous track.
∙ Decline phone call / next track.

For charging, connect the Ego to a powered USB port such as your laptop/PC or wall adaptor.

♦ Sound Quality ♦

- Audio Quality:
Undoubtedly this speaker is incredibly good when it comes to clarity especially in the dialogue department; if you're one for podcasts and similar content, then you will be very pleased with the output. I personally found the quality of dialogue to be better than what my laptops speakers can deliver.

One thing which the makers seem to be trying to push in advertisement is the "Music streaming in HD"; okay so it may be able to support high quality music files, but that doesn't guarantee it is going to output such quality. I found that the quality output highly depended on the genre of music being played, for example song that don't try to deliver much bass or concentrate on vocals this unit can handle really well, but when you start to go into the rock area, eh, I'd rather use something else to listen to it.

As for incoming calls etc... the quality of the audio will depend on the other persons microphone and connection to how good you will hear it.

Another thing to add is that the OmniSound feature works very well, it didn't matter where I was around the device, the quality remained the same.

- Microphone Quality:
Normally when using a hands-free kit or when on your phones speakerphone, the other person can normally tell you're not talking to them by usual way, but with the Ego, my friend couldn't tell the difference, despite it being roughly 30cm away from me; he said the quality was just as good if I were talking to him through my phone normally.

♦ Final Thoughts ♦

Be it for personal or business use, the Ego is a speakerphone that does its job well, what more could you ask for?

✓ Compact & lightweight.
✓ Easy to set-up and use.
✓ Dialogue quality is superb.
✓ Consistent 360° quality sound.
✓ Very good microphone.
✓ Decent battery life.

✘ Bass is rather flat.

Final score: 4.5 out of 5 stars.

Godox Thinklite TTL HSS TT685S Camera Flash High Speed 1/8000s GN60 for Sony DSLR Cameras a77II a7RII a7R a58 a99 ILCE6000L, with X1T-S TTL Transmitter (TT685S+X1T-S)
Offered by LeaTure UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Works extremely well with the Sony A72, 18 Aug. 2016
♦ Introduction ♦

When it comes to buying accessories for my camera, I normally end up purchasing official products over third party products if available, so when I was buying a flash for my camera, I ended up buying Sony's own budget flash (HVL-20M). Whilst the HVL-20M is very simple to use from the get-go, much more compact in size and does a decent job in most situations, it does lack in power and has no ability to be used off the camera.

Recently, Godox got in touch with me and asked whether I would be interested in reviewing the 'TT685S+X1T-S' (flashgun and wireless transmitter) in exchange for an unbiased review, I jumped at the opportunity and to be honest, I am now kicking myself in the head because I should have gone for something like this a long time ago. Not only is this product roughly £20 more than the HVL-20M, it's also £120 cheaper than the HVL-43M.

NOTE: This product page shares the reviews from three different product packages:
TT685S | TT685S+X1T-S | 2xTT685S+X1T-S.

♦ Box Contents - TT685S+X1T-S ♦

∙ TT685S Flashgun.
∙ Flashgun stand.
∙ Flashgun diffuser.
∙ Flashgun soft case.
∙ Colour filter kit.
∙ Wireless transmitter.
∙ Instruction manuals.

You will need some AA batteries: Four for the flashgun and two for the transmitter.

♦ Build Quality & Usability ♦

I'm very impressed with the build quality of both units which feel very robust, more so with the flashgun which feels as solid as a brick.

The head of the flashgun has some good manoeuvrability which is able to twist around by 180° each way giving it 360° coverage, plus with it pointing straight-forward can be tilted directly upwards by 90° for bouncing the flash off the ceiling.

You also have an option to use this flash either by mounting it directly onto the camera, or mounting it off the camera in conjunction of use with the wireless transmitter mounted on the camera; you can mount the flashgun with the included stand which also has a 3/4" tripod thread on the bottom for extra mounting possibilities. Whichever way you choose, the 'TTL' (Through the Lens) and manual flash modes can be used whichever way it's mounted.

♦ Set-Up ♦

If you're used to using these types of flashguns, then apart from having to familiarise yourself with the button layout, the set-up process should be a breeze. If you're an amateur like myself, I would advise to have some patience and take time to read the manual.

It seemed to be when initiating the settings, when the LCD screen of the flashgun was back-lit green, the mode was for use when the flash was mounted on the camera and when back-lit red, was for ready for wireless use. When using off camera, you need to ensure the transmitter and the flashgun both have the same channel number selected.

Understanding the set-up did take me a little while to figure out, but once I got the gist of it, it's actually not that hard to navigate and choose the setting you want.

♦ Results & Final Thoughts ♦

I've experimented with the manual flash mode where I had to choose the power output myself and did get some really good results, however I tend to gravitate more to the 'TTL' feature as it's less to think about and seems to get it right almost all of the time.

I can confirm the 'HSS' (High Speed Sync) feature works well with the Sony A7M2; when disabled my camera cannot go faster than 1/250th second, but when enabled can go to its max, 1/8000th second.

In use with my 28mm and 90mm lenses, I have been very pleased with the results altogether. I'm a big fan of using the flashgun with the included diffuser where I have used it for direct and ceiling bounce flash.

Overall, this is definitely a product I would recommend! For the price, you're getting an absolute bargain of a package that can deliver great results. If I hadn't been so stubborn when initially looking for a flash and had gone for this product instead, I would have been more than happy paying the price tag.

Archeer 25W Bluetooth Home Speakers Upgraded A320 with Huge Bass and Superior Stereo 2.1 Channel Sound from 10W Drivers and 15W Subwoofer
Offered by Archeer-UK

4.0 out of 5 stars Highly stylish speaker, 9 Aug. 2016
♦ Introduction & Box Contents ♦

The A320 speaker by Archeer certainly boasts a stylish look with the bamboo front and rear panels; this kind of style is PERFECT match for rooms with wooden furniture or a warm coloured scheme. My family member has taken a very highly liking to this speaker; one of the reasons being is it looks as a piece with her wooden bedroom dresser, but the audio quality also.

This speaker measures in at 24.8cm x 12.8cm x 7.9cm and has a weight around 1.4kg. It's a nice medium sized portable speaker with around 11 hours of playback at 50% volume on a full charge, though the manual does not state whether this is when in use via Bluetooth or AUX cable.

Box Contents: A320 Speaker | Micro USB Charging Cable* | AUX Cable (3.5mm) | Carry Pouch | Instruction Manual.
*To charge, connect to a powered USB port such as a USB wall adaptor or laptop etc...

♦ Audio Connections & Set-Up ♦

There are two ways of connecting the speaker to playback audio:

1) AUX cable: If your smartphone/mp3 player doesn't have Bluetooth or just want to save some extra battery life on your device, than this is a good way to connect. Use the included AUX cable to connect your device and speaker together, ensure the speaker's powered on (hold power button down for 3 seconds) and simply play some music!

2) Bluetooth: Hold the power button for 5 seconds to turn the speaker on and initiate its pairing mode; then active your devices Bluetooth and search for the speaker and connect.

♦ Sound Quality ♦

As with most things, the sound quality will partially be down to the quality of the music file as well as the recording itself (I tend to rip straight from my CD's or buy MP3 tracks at 320kbps).

I like to listen to a variety of genres from country, electronica, pop & rock and I personally think the sound quality is great, especially as this speaker is able to pump out that extra kick of bass; something my family member and myself much prefer, however I can see some people finding this speaker being a bit biased towards the bass, whilst it's not over the top that it drowns out the other sounds, sometimes the bass is more noticeable when not needed. So in all the sound isn't quite balanced, but it's still decent enough and those who like bass, shouldn't have much an issue with it.

As for sound distortion, sometimes it can be noticeable when at maximum volume and you're fairly close to the speaker, but most of the time I found it to be fine; if not a literally turn it down by one or two notches and that resolves it.

Finally, the speaker has a couple of controls: Two volume buttons which can also skip tracks by holding them down for a second rather than a quick press; a pause/play button and of course the power/pairing buttons. The buttons are located under the main lining which have simply rubbery icons on top.

♦ Final Thoughts ♦

The Archeer A320 is a nice mid-range priced speaker which brings style, portability and decent sound quality to the table. Just please bare in mind that if you're not a huge fan of bass, this speaker is probably not for you.

I think the current asking price of £75.99 (at the time of writing this review) is pretty fair, so if you're reading this and it's lower, then even better for you. The RRP of £179.99 I personally think is utterly ridiculous and was probably set to make people think they're getting more of a bargain, it no way would I ever think this speaker is worth over £85.

Nevertheless, this is a decent product that I would recommend, just check to see whether this speaker ticks the right boxes for you.

✓ Easy to use.
✓ Long battery life.
✓ Very pleasing design.
✓ BASS, BASS, BASS!
✓ Decent sound quality for price.
✓ Portable & comes with carry pouch.

✖ Cons:
✘ Distortion can be noticeable at highest volume levels.
✘ Can kick out bass at times where not always needed.

► Disclaimer: I received this product to evaluate and publish an unbiased review. All views are of my own and are not influenced by the manufacture.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Visenta 2-in-1 LED Camping flashlight Lantern (One Charge up to 84hrs,Capacity:8800mAh) + Power Bank, 4 Modes,Waterproof,Rechargeable Emergency Lantern for Backpacking Hurricanes Hiking Camp Fishing Outages
Offered by Visenta UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Really neat product, 9 Aug. 2016
♦ Introduction & Box Contents ♦

Measuring in with a diameter of 6.7cm and a height 10.7cm, this product is a decent compact size, especially for something that features a light and power bank combination.

Inside the box you will find: Main unit | Micro USB cable | Instruction manual. Charging the main device will require a powered USB port as a plug is not included.

♦ Lantern ♦

The LED light has three different brightness settings and a strobe effect. I must say it's nice to see they made didn't make the light start on it's brightest setting when turned on, the last thing you want to do is blind everyone within your proximity.

The light feature can be activated by firstly turning the device on (double tap the power button); this will activate up to four blue LEDs which indicate the current battery power left, then double tap the power again to turn the light on and press once thereafter to toggle between each light mode; double press the power button whilst the light is activated to turn it off.

The light modes are as follows:
∙ Medium (280 lm).
∙ Low (200 lm).
∙ High (440 lm).
∙ Strobe (440 lm).

As the title suggests, the light feature is more like a lantern as it spreads it out much more than a torch would, very handy for reading or other activities. The top of the product has a carabiner styled clip which pops out, great for hanging.

♦ Power Bank ♦

This device has a decent battery capacity of 8800mAh which is enough to charge most smartphones a couple of times; that said how many will depend on the usage of the light also.

The maximum power output of this device is 2A which is good for fast charging.

When it came to charging my smartphone, I didn't seem to need to activate the device for it to start the charging process. Just plugged in the USB into the output port and the other end into my smartphone.

You can charge a device whilst using the LED feature at the same time.

♦ Final Thoughts ♦

This is a great product to have, especially if you plan on going camping. The light and power bank combo is nice thing to have in one device and both features work very well.

All in all, would recommend.

Comment Comment | Permalink

ZLYC Handmade Small DSLR Camera Bag / Satchel / Messenger Bag - Two in One - Vintage Retro Look
Offered by Julyjoy

4.0 out of 5 stars Let down by one main oversight, but otherwise a super stylish and handy photography bag, 5 Aug. 2016
It seems some other people who ordered this bag received the wrong size featuring three compartments rather than two; I received the correct version which is accurate with the product photos on this page.

.·:*¨*:·.·:*¨*:·.·:*¨*:·.·:*¨*:·.

When it comes to messenger styled photography bags, this has been by far the most stylish one I have ever seen in person and of course owned. Every time I have gone out to take photos with friends, I always seem to get compliments on how nice the bag looks, so it's good to know it isn't just my taste of bag.

The quality also feels very top-notch and the leather definitely feels genuine. I must also add it's a very comfortable bag to wear.

The bags external features include a shoulder strap, handle and belt straps which have hidden quick release clips underneath. On the rear is a nice deep slot where I liked to place my lens cap and a filter or two when they're not in use.

The inside of the bag features a small pocket, two pen slots and a very well padded removable pouch for storing your camera and lens; the pouch measures in at approximately 18cm deep, 22cm length and 8.5cm wide, though can stretch out a bit further. There is a separator included, however this can only be placed slap bang in the middle as the main material of the pouch isn't compatible with Velcro and the strip is located in the centre; this doesn't give you a lot of flexibility depending on your gear which is a shame. With the separator inserted, you get about 10cm of length in each compartment.

Luckily for me, this bag is perfect for my A7M2 with the 90mm macro lens (with the separator removed), whereas if I were to keep one of my other lenses on, it would be too long to have the separator inserted but too short for the camera to sit in snug.

It's a shame this bag is let down by one major oversight, however if the measurements seem appropriate for your gear set-up, then I would highly recommend this bag.

Portable Laptop Tray Coavas Notebook Bed Stand Folding Computer Laptop Table Desk (black)
Offered by CORNER LOVE

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent product, 5 Aug. 2016
There are multiple products which share the same product page, I am reviewing the table desk (black), which was provided for testing and publishing an unbiased review.

.·:*¨*:·.·:*¨*:·.·:*¨*:·.·:*¨*:·.

This laptop desk comes preassembled, so can be used straight away which is very handy. The legs are of course folded in by default give the unit a height of 5cm when in this form; great for keeping it stored under a sofa or bed etc...

With both legs of the desk folded out it has a fixed height of 27cm (28cm when including the bar), I think for most people this may be a tad too high which it was for me, however is a height I can deal with, it's just not completely ideal; I would have preferred the height to be an inch or two shorter, or even better would be to make the height adjustable.

The desk as a whole has a depth of 30cm and length of 64.6cm, though is split off in two parts making the part for the laptop 40cm in length, leaving you with 24.6cm for your mouse.

The part of the desk meant for your laptop can have its angle adjusted (three different angles to choose from), this can be done very easily.

I was really pleased with the build quality of this unit, the main MDF parts feel solid and the legs are very rigid making it really sturdy, the only time I found it to be insecure was when moving the desk over to one side. The problem is the legs don't lock into place at all, this can result of them folding in when moving it over and if you're not careful, could result in the laptop sliding off, so do bare this in mind.

Other than the couple of negatives, this is actually a very good laptop desk tray that has been getting much use from me.

Definitely room for improvement, but nevertheless a handy product to have.

✓ Good quality build.
✓ Sturdy when in use.
✓ Laptop platform can tilt.
✓ Space for use of laptop and mouse.
✓ Folds down to a decent slim size for easy storage.

✘ No adjustable height.
✘ Legs don't lock in place.

3M Adjustable Foot Rest Sturdy Steel Black
3M Adjustable Foot Rest Sturdy Steel Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Great foot rest, 30 July 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is definitely my favourite foot rest to date by far.

The footrest seems well made and is very robust; it has decent grip pads on each corner underneath which helps it hold its ground. The height can be adjusted however for me it was perfect right out of the box.

Adjusting the angle feels nice with a bit of friction behind it for a smooth transition than loose.

I'm also a fan of the main foot pad which provides good grip against your shoes, but it also comfortable if you decide to be bare footed, this I prefer.

Can't knock it at all, for me it does the job perfectly.

Miracol Sports Water Bottle, 32oz Large - Eco-Friendly Tritan Co-Polyester Plastic - with Flip Top Lid & Adjustable Strap - BPA Free - Best for Gym, Cycling, Camping, Running
Offered by Miracol Sports

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent water bottle, 30 July 2016
I was really pleased with not only the looks of this water bottle, but the robust feel it has to it too, it really does have a quality feel and a nice texture to the touch.

This water bottle features a neat quick release button, though there is a little tab that can be latched over which stops the lid from any accidental openings. The bottle also has a fairly large wrist strap which is not detachable; it would be much better if you could detach it when not wanted.

It's very important to give the insides a couple of washes in warm water as it does have a bit of a funky smell. After a couple of washes the smell did become much less pungent so it doesn't taint the water or drinks taste.

The 32oz capacity is a very nice amount to have and will become very handy when I'm out for walks (especially in the sun). The lid doesn't get in the way when drinking and the fluid comes out very smoothly.

I must add that even when this bottle was wet on the exterior, it still held it's grip.

Overall this is a very decent water bottle that I would recommend, however the two things that I think are letting it down, which are the following:
1) Wrist strap is not detachable.
2) Price is a bit steep (£15.99 at the time of this review) as there are very similar looking water bottles available at a cheaper price.

Sony SEL90M28G E Mount - Full Frame 90mm F2.8 Telephoto Macro G Lens
Sony SEL90M28G E Mount - Full Frame 90mm F2.8 Telephoto Macro G Lens

5.0 out of 5 stars Just brilliant!, 25 July 2016
I own a couple of FE lenses for my Sony A7M2, all of which are fantastic in their own right, however this one has now taken the #1 favourite spot of them all, it's just a very pleasant lens to use and the quality of imagery you can get from this is phenomenal.

Inside the box you also get a carry pouch, a plastic conical lens hood and the normal bits of paper work.

The whole lens body has a robust and top quality feel, making you feel like you paid for a product that means business. There are a couple of switches and features located on the exterior, which are:
∙ Auto Focus Range Switch: Full Range | Infinity - 0.5m | 0.5m - 0.28m. When you get used to knowing your distance, using this switch to specifically tell the camera will speed up the auto focus greatly as it can concentrate on one area.
∙ Optical Steady Shot Switch: On | Off. For when used handheld, will help reduce shake on photos.
∙ Hold Focus Button: When held in AF mode, it will cancel the auto-focus and lock it into its current focus range.
∙ Focus Ring: The focus ring can be changed from AF to MF by sliding it towards you and back to AF by sliding it away; this makes it useful when you want to quickly change between the two. The manual focus distance is also marked on the lens, so when switching back to MF, it will remember which distance to focus in on (unless you somehow accidentally moved it). I personally found the focus ring to have decent grip.

The great thing about having a 90mm macro lens is that it allows you to get closer to your subject without being so close to it. I also own the normal 30mm macro lens which was designed around Sony's APS-C sensor camera range, however to get really close shots will require you to get very close, sometimes resulting in having the lens shadow on your subject; using this lens will prevent it happening as often.

Macro photography certainly isn't easy, so if you're just getting into it, do have patience. The slight movement will make your subject out of focus as the depth of focus is so shallow, especially at its widest F/2.8 aperture, so I'd recommend going between F/8 - F/16. The detail you can get in macro shots when focused properly is simply superb.

Macro photography isn't where it stops with this lens; portrait and candid shots are also its strong areas. Whilst I do prefer Sony's 55mm F/1.8 lens for portraits, I can never get decent candid shots with it as I need to be much closer; so now having that ability has pleased me greatly.

You can still get a decent shallow depth of field with the F/2.8 aperture and this lens can deliver decent bokeh too. As for sharpness, if you get the focus right, it's very good.

I highly recommend this lens, top stars from me!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 31, 2016 9:53 PM BST

TheDiamondStore | Stud Earrings - AA Tanzanite 1ct - 925 Silver
TheDiamondStore | Stud Earrings - AA Tanzanite 1ct - 925 Silver
Offered by The Diamond Store™

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful pair of Tanzanite earrings, 22 July 2016
The pair of 0.50 carat Tanzanite earrings (1ct total & graded AA) comes in a nice little black & white themed box which is placed within a smart carry pouch. You will also find a leaflet showing off the stores vast collection of jewellery as well as a certificate for the earrings.

The earrings are slotted into an elevated part of the padding within the box to keep in place firmly and also prompts them into an angle which is very eye catching upon opening the box.

Tanzanite is an exceptionally beautiful gemstone and really does compliment being on a simple studded earring, though most often it gleams a lovely violet colour more than blue; that said, you will notice that this gem will switch between the two colours depending on the lighting and gem angle. For more of a deeper blue colour though, you will want to look for a higher carat such as from 2ct and above whereas these are just 0.50ct each, hence the more prominent violet colour.

Another thing to add, when caught in the right angle of light, these have a lovely sparkle effect.

From the human eye, the gems on both earrings look flawless with no noticeable inclusions, it's only when you take a much closer look via a magnifying glass or macro lens when you can notice them, which is normal, especially for an AA rated pair.

Each part of silver is also hallmark stamped with '925', this is located on the stopper, stem and the stud base.

The pair of earrings I received were slap bang on 5mm² for the stud which is just as advertised. The main length is 20mm and the gap size from the base of the stud to the base of the stopper when fully inserted is 7mm giving you decent space for your ear such as the earlobe, this makes it comfortable to wear. Also, there are two notches in the stem which ensures the butterfly stoppers don't fall of when wearing.

Overall these are a stunning pair of earrings which many will admire and the quality seems good for the price. It's also one of the three birthstones for December if that helps if buying as a present.

► Disclaimer: I received this product to evaluate and publish an unbiased review. All views are of my own and my family member who helped during this review, both of which are not influenced by the manufacture.

►► Extra Info: The photos published alongside this review were taken using the Sony A7M2 camera & SEL90M28G macro lens.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20