Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now New Album - Drake Shop Women's Shop Men's
Profile for MyKeyReviews > Reviews

Content by MyKeyReviews
Top Reviewer Ranking: 96

MyKeyReviews (Hampshire, UK.)
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 100 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
SteelSeries Arctis 3, Gaming Headset, 7.1 Surround for PC, Software Management, (PC / Mac / Playstation / Xbox / Nintendo Switch / Mobile / VR) - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb gaming headset, 17 Mar. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
NOTE: Amazon's product page is crossing reviews from three different products Arctis models: 3, 5 & 7. This review is for the Arctis 3.

.·:*¨*:·.·:*¨*:·.·:*¨*:·.·:*¨*:·.

I have to say, if I had the wireless model (Arctis 7) instead of the wired Arctis 3, I would be selling my Sony PlayStation 4 Platinum Wireless Headset because this headset in general, are way much better than the Platinum headset!

To the date of writing this review, this headset is the most comfortable headset I've ever worn. The combination of the extremely soft ear pads with the ski-goggle suspension band ensure a comfortable user experience, even when used during longer gaming sessions.

This headset doesn't have too many features dotted around it; in fact it has one mute button and a volume wheel, both of which are easy to find and simple to operate. The microphone has a retractable microphone which is nicely hidden when not in use, though bare in mind that when the microphone is retracted, it doesn't automatically mute the microphone, the mic mute button has to be activated.

As for sound quality, the main audio is incredibly clear sounding with very good directional sound (this was when playing on the PS4 which of course doesn't support 7.1 with this headset). This meant I was able to pin-point gunfire directions and the location of the enemy helicopter in CoD:MWR, not to mention the booms I get from nearby grenades. Then we have the microphone quality, something which really surprised me as the output was crystal clear and to a high standard quality.

There's one feature however that I personally feel would have made this headset even better, and that would be sidetone so the user can hear themselves talk as these being over-eared, means hearing yourself can be problematic (well for me anyway). I can't downgrade the rating for a feature that isn't advertised, so merely adding i as a suggestion.

Considering the price at the time of the review (£80), I personally think you're getting way more bang for your buck when it comes to this solid piece of gaming headset, would highly recommend!

✔ Pros:
✓ EXTREMELY comfortable.
✓ Simple yet smart design (not overly done).
✓ Not overrun with a tonne of buttons for ease of use.
✓ An astounding quality microphone (it really is super clear!).
✓ Very good audio quality.
✓ Retractable microphone.
✓ Can be used on multiple computers/consoles.

✖ Cons:
✘ No sidetone feature (suggestion).

Broken Brights
Broken Brights
Offered by skyvo-direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy Listening, 14 Mar. 2017
This review is from: Broken Brights (Audio CD)
I have been a fan of Angus & Julia Stone ever since I heard 'Santa Monica Dream' on the game Life is Strange which shortly thereafter purchased the album Down The Way. Since then I've been searching for more music from them where I found this solo album by Angus.

I love both of their voices, however slightly prefer Angus's, so decided to purchase this album which I have no regrets so far; I am really enjoying it.

Neewer Professional Metal Bi-color LED Video Light for Studio, YouTube, Product Photography, Video Shooting, Durable Metal Frame, Dimmable 660 Beads, with U Bracket and Barndoor, 3200-5600K, CRI 96+
Offered by Ultra Sales Global

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality LED Light, 9 Mar. 2017
♦ Introduction ♦

I like to produce videos when I can to upload to YouTube or videos to go alongside my reviews on Amazon and have already invested in a couple video lights; however the issue I have is that I can't move them, let alone take them down without much hassle (I dread to think putting them back up), so I decided to purchase one that seems of decent quality and portable. I have owned several products from Neewer in the past which had mostly been decent in quality.

First impressions were great as everything was packed neatly within a soft case (hard case would have been more ideal though); and the overall build quality of the main unit felt robust with the aluminium alloy exterior (not just the U-Bracket, but the casing of the light itself).

♦ Box Contents & Optional Extras ♦

- Box Contents:
∙ Soft case.
∙ Main unit (LED light with U-Bracket. barn doors & diffuser pre-attached).
∙ AC Adaptor.
∙ Power Cable.
∙ Instruction manual.

- Optional Extras:
Neewer Light Stand (Budget price).
Manfrotto Light Stand (Premium price).
Neewer 2600mAh NP-F550/570/530 Replacement Battery+Dual Charger (Use on the go).

I personally own the Manfrotto light stand and can vouch that it's a very stable and decent quality product. I also have purchased the dual rechargeable batteries which work a treat if you want portability.

♦ In-Use ♦

This light can be mounted on a light stand, or if the U-bracket is taken off, there are 1/4" tripod threads on both sides of the lighting unit.

- Barn Doors:
The barn doors are detachable from the main unit via a Flathead screw in each corner. The doors can be fully folded in or out giving you decent adjustability/shape of your light.

- Light Diffuser Insert:
There is a tab on either side of the light that can be pushed down to allow space for the diffuser insert to be removed in need be. When you first use this product, the diffuser HAS to be taken out as there is a protective layer of film that needs to be removed.

- U-Bracket:
There is a wing screws on each side of this bracket which allows you to readjust the angle of the light itself. Once in the angle and the screws tightened, it really does keep it's position.

One thing to bare in mind is that with the barn doors on, you cannot angle the light downwards; it can only be dead on. Adjusting the angle upwards is no issue with the barn doors attached.

- Power Cable:
The cable length is 2.4m which is okay, but for my needs I needed an extension cable when using it via the mains. The cable is split in two with the AC adaptor basically being in the middle which does result it hanging, luckily there isn't too much tension on the joint of the plug going into the light.

- Powering & Brightness/Colour Adjustment:
On there rear panel of the light you have a button which by default is set in the middle (Power Off); flicking it to the left will draw power from the batteries if you have purchased them, or can be switched to the right to use the power from the mains.

There are two adjustment dials for the LED lights: One for the white LED's and the other for Yellow LED's. You individually adjust these to your desire or combine them for more brightness and a colour of light slightly between.

This light is very simple to use and the brightness that can be achieved is also very good; well for my needs anyway.

♦ Final Thoughts ♦

This is undoubtedly a good choice if you're looking for lighting: It's feels very well built; it's easy to use and can achieve decent amount of brightness. The optional purchase of rechargeable batteries makes this light more portable which is going to be very handy for me too.

So far I'm happy with the results and will update in the future should any issues arise.

Neewer® (2 Pack) 2600mAh NP-F550/570/530 Replacement Battery+Dual Charger for Sony HandyCams, Neewer Nanguang CN-160, CN-216, CN-126 and other LED On-Camera Video Lights Which Using NP-F550
Offered by Ultra Sales Global

5.0 out of 5 stars Very decent batteries, 9 Mar. 2017
I purchased these to make enable portability for my Neewer Professional Metal Bi-color LED Video Light for Studio and they do a fantastic job at that.

Before use, it's best to get them a full charge like any new rechargeable products.

I was honestly not expecting these to be able to match the output of brightness on my LED lights in comparison to when they were connected directly to the mains, however they really can which I'm super pleased about.

Would 100% recommend!

Master Class 28 x 47 x 4 cm Polypropylene Non-Slip Chopping Station, Grey
Master Class 28 x 47 x 4 cm Polypropylene Non-Slip Chopping Station, Grey

4.0 out of 5 stars A neat chopping board, 2 Mar. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a decently sized chopping board with a size of 28cm width and 47cm length. It has a height of 4cm due to the removable containers taking up depth space.

This chopping board has an effective working space of 24cm x 31cm if you don't include the containers and the metal tab that has branding on it.

Whilst the feet of this product doesn't have a super high level of grip, it does have enough to stop it sliding around when in use which is good. The chopping board doesn't convex much also holds it's own when when pressure is applied onto it.

The removable containers is a nice addition to have on a chopping board, though you may find that a cups worth for each container isn't anywhere large enough depending on what you're prepping and how many people it's for. I think cooking for two this is more appropriate for. The containers are removed by sliding it outwards before pulling out.

If one negative to mention, the branded metal tab wasn't stuck in very well, it fell out during its first wash.

Other than that, it's a decent product overall.

Jabra Elite Sport True Wireless Bluetooth Stereo Earbuds with Built-In Heart Rate Monitor - Black

3.0 out of 5 stars Not quite for me, 2 Mar. 2017
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have been using these for roughly a month now and I have to say that my experience has been very mixed. Whilst I can see that some people would like them (especially because they're truly wireless), I personally wouldn't spend money on them and I'm the kind of person who would gladly spend a couple of hundred pounds on decent audio products.

First impressions were positive, the product came packed in a sporty themed yet smart designed box where most of the contents were kept snug inside (ear gels and wings can fall out if handled abruptly). The first layer holds the in-ear headphones/earphones and the travel charging case; the layer underneath is where you'll find the instruction manual and micro USB cable for charging as well as a variety of different sized earbuds (foam and silicon), plus some 'EarWings'.

It's best before use to fully charge both earphones, this is done by putting them into the very smart and compact travel charging case and linking it up to a powered USB source via a micro USB cable. There is an LED on the side of the case which informs you of the charging process.

I personally found putting the earbuds onto the earphones easy to do, however getting the earphones into your ear is rather tricky at first as you need to get them in at the right angle and do a slight twist motion. The EarWings I really cannot recommend at all! Not only are they fiddly to get on the earphones, but there's not much of a ridge to stop it from sliding around, not only this, the travel case does not close properly whilst these are on the earphones, what a design flaw!

The instruction manual was a bit vague on the pairing process. It states to hold the power button down for three seconds to enter pairing mode, what it doesn't tell you is that you need to hold this button down whilst it's powered off and continue to hold when it powers on until the blue LED flashes blue in which it is then in pairing mode.

Once I figured that out, the earphones were "successfully" paired to my smartphone. Whilst I was able to take calls and listen to music, the 'Jabra Sport Life' app just wasn't detecting the earphones; eventually after re-pairing etc... I got them working fully, though it was a hassle.

The Jabra Sport Life app has a friendly user interface which makes it easy to navigate and includes your current heart-rate in real-time and it how much battery the earphones have left before they require a charge. Though what annoys me is the constant buzzing sound I have in my right ear when this app is open, I presume this is from the heart-rate sensor, either way for me it's not pleasant.

With that negative aside regarding the buzzing, this app allows you to select various workout plans and even links you to a video of the workout should you ever be stuck on how to perform it. After completing a workout, it will give you a summary of what you achieved and will place it within the 'History' tab. The summer includes the date and time you did the workout, the type of workout you did, duration, how many calories you've burned during the workout and your average, max and min heart rate. The apps not perfect, but a lot of people I can see will appreciate it.

If you're a music lover or are planning on getting these mainly for listening to music, I couldn't really recommend them. Whilst the audio is clear, it's unfortunately quite flat and yes I have adjusted the equaliser within my settings and there's not much difference. The instruction manual deep and powerful bass, but that is far from the truth in my opinion. I'm a bass lover, so unless I really want to chill out without having any wires hanging from me, I'll opt a normal pair of headphones.

One thing these do surprisingly do well on is its microphone. Being on a phone call to one of my friends, he stated that I was extremely clear and easy to understand.

Finally, button commands to adjust volume, skip tracks or answering a call is easy as each button on the earphones have a raised surface to make them easy to find.

Overall this is a decent product, but it isn't great. I think the proper wireless aspect of these headphones may tempt people who enjoy listening to music into buying these, I couldn't recommend these if music quality is your priority.

Elf [Blu-ray]
Elf [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ Will Ferrell

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Christmas film, 1 Mar. 2017
This review is from: Elf [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
To keep it short and simple, this is a light-hearted film that will bring laughter and joy to anyone watching it.

Great cast and a nice story. To be honest, I'm ashamed of myself that it's taken so long to buy it on disc! Shame on me indeed.

Songs From Final Fantasy XV
Songs From Final Fantasy XV

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy listening, 1 Mar. 2017
I just can't stop listening to these three tracks.

Music is elegant and Florence's vocals are beautiful. The 'Stand by Me' cover is utterly fantastic.

Well worth the purchase, though if you're unsure, Amazon allows you to preview 30 seconds of each track.

Hot Shoe Mount Flash Bracket/Photo Umbrella Holder Support for Canon Nikon Pentax Olympus Metz Speedlite Flash&Trigger

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and does the job well, 1 Mar. 2017
I'm extremely happy with my purchase! This is a cheap solution for mounting a flash or light with a hot/cold shoe onto a lighting stand.

The quality considering the price is fairly good and I had no issues whilst using it. It's easy to use and can have its angle adjusted need be and there is also a slot for an umbrella.

If you're looking for a budget way to mounting your flash, look no further.

Peak Design sl-t-2 Belt Slide Summit Edition Tallac
Peak Design sl-t-2 Belt Slide Summit Edition Tallac
Offered by Vadgets

5.0 out of 5 stars An expensive strap that is worth every penny, 1 Mar. 2017
There are a few colour schemes available for this strap: Black | Blue (Tallac) | Copper (Lassen).

I originally went for the Lassen strap, which I loved so much that I also ended up buying the Tallac strap as a backup or depending on what colour I fancy on the day.

- - - - - - - - -

There's a reason to why this strap has so many positive reviews and that is down to various factors: Quality; Usability & Style.

First of all, the packaging is nicely done with a front flap that is sealed with Velcro and allows you a quick glimpse of the strap which was very clear from the start, this strap means business with its smart style and quality.

Included in the box are the following: Strap | Camera Base Plate | Anchor Links x4 | Allen Key | Soft Pouch. Two anchor links already attached to the strap and the camera base plate is attached to one of the anchor links. As for instructions, they're printed on the inside of the front flap.

I decided not to use the camera base plate as it requires to be screwed on with an Allen key, coin or flat head screwdriver, so as I like to film with the camera and regular attach it onto a tripod or dolly, I prefer to keep my tripod thread free.

If you're using a Sony A7M2, word of advice: Do not remove the side clips on the camera as the holes on the side of the camera aren't big enough to fit the anchor links in, so just remove the original strap and put it through the side clips.

Not only did I find this strap comfortable to wear, it was EXTREMELY easy to adjust and when adjusted, locks in position with no qualms.

The other reason to why this set-up is so good for my use is that the strap can easily with intended and manual handling, unclip from the anchor links which means I don't have to faff around with a strap whilst my camera is on the dolly. Note that these anchors are not easily removed by accidental action.

Definitely a product I would highly recommend: A top product from a top brand with practicality and quality at mind.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20