Profile for MyKeyReviews > Reviews

Content by MyKeyReviews
Top Reviewer Ranking: 90

MyKeyReviews (Hampshire, UK.)
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 100 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
From the Source - Japan (Lonely Planet from the Source)
From the Source - Japan (Lonely Planet from the Source)
by Lonely Planet Food

5.0 out of 5 stars A book you can truly appreciate, 6 Dec. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I've recently come back from Japan and have to say it has been by far my favourite place I've ever visited; from the vast culture difference to the exquisite cuisine.

This book has not only reminded me of some delicious foods I have tried, but also puts a lot of insight of how much more there is to discover and try for my next visit!

They do of course include ingredients for the dishes and how to cook them, though for someone like myself, would struggle to replicate especially to the standards that these chefs offer.

Regardless of whether you want to replicate the dishes or not, this book in general is a very good read. The dishes are organised by region of each are filled with interesting information about them, plus the name of the chef and where they are based. To top it off, this book is filled with fantastic photography/imagery of people and their food.

I couldn't recommend this book enough, it's fantastic!

Officially Licensed Premium Protection Case - PSVR (PS4)
Officially Licensed Premium Protection Case - PSVR (PS4)

4.0 out of 5 stars It does the job, 30 Nov. 2016
If you're looking for something that can hold everything the PSVR requires for set-up, including the headset of course, then you're looking at the wrong product; this hard case is purely for the main headset and the fixed wires attached, so don't expect anything more.

The reason to why I went for this particular case is that I wanted to contain the headset when not in use (storage purpose not travel); not only to prevent dust getting on the optics, but add some protection also.

There is a mould inside which keeps the headset firmly in place once slotted in, this prevents it for sliding around. Also inside is a little fixed pouch that has a rubber cable tidy; I like to use it for storing a microfiber cloth.

The zip to seal the case operates smoothly.

The shell is fairly hard, enough to withstand a knock ie two, however I'd be very surprised if the headset inside would survive a drop onto hard flooring.

The exterior features a hand strap with decent grip and there is official branding stamped on the front (great for looks, but not something you'd want on show if carrying it around on display).

Overall it's a decent product, however I'm not fully satisfied with paying £29.99 for it; I would have been if the exterior was a tad harder and there was a bit more padding on the inside. I think £20 would have been a much fairer price for what it is, hence why I gave it 4/5 stars.

In the end, there wasn't much choice available for PSVR hard cases at the time of purchase, so whilst I'm a little sour about the price, I don't regret my purchase.

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End (PS4)
Uncharted 4: A Thief's End (PS4)
Offered by Game Trade Online

5.0 out of 5 stars You don't need to play the previous Uncharted games to understand or enjoy this one!, 30 Nov. 2016
I've never played an Uncharted game before, however have always heard good things about them. I was hoping that Uncharted 4 was going to be a game you can just pick up and play without having to play any of the previous releases, but has references to previous games; luckily for me this was the case.

The controls for the game were relatively easy, so didn't have much struggle apart from the times I had a mind-blank and rolled off a cliff. Though if there was one negative I could mention, it would be the lock aim when it came to shooting enemies, it's either on or off; with it being on you will snap and fix your targeting onto an enemy, but there isn't any leeway to override; whereas with it being off, I didn't feel the auto aiming was nearly as helpful as it could have been. I kept it on lock enemy, I just wish that you could manually move the crosshair thereafter for better accuracy; that said, for the most part, the lock aim was pretty good.

After completing the game, I was kind of annoyed with myself that I didn't get on the Uncharted bandwagon earlier and now I crave to play the previous games. Uncharted 4 was utterly gripping all the way through, I don't think there was a moment I was bored; and at the end after playing for 15 hours, I still had a tonne more treasures and journals to find, not to mention the trophies left to achieve. This is definitely a game with a fair amount of replayability, especially if you want to 100% the game.

All in all, definitely a game I'd recommend.

Sony Bravia KD55XD8005 55 inch Android 4K HDR Ultra HD Smart TV with TRILUMINOS Display, PlayStation Now and Google Cast (2016 Model) - Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Delivers outstanding 4K picture quality, 16 Nov. 2016
♦ Introduction ♦

This product page shares reviews from various sizes within the same model range. I am reviewing the 55" model, which by the looks of the product images, features a more robust centre stand which has a cable management panel on the rear, unfortunately I don't know if the smaller sized screens also has this feature.

.·:*¨*:·.·:*¨*:·.·:*¨*:·.·:*¨*:·.

I've been scratching my head for weeks trying to decide which TV I wanted to go for before narrowing it down to the more expensive Bravia KD50SD8005 50-Inch Curved Panel TV or the lesser priced but larger screen sized Bravia KD55XD8005 55-Inch Flat Panel TV, though after a bit of research it appears you are paying more for the curved design feature, one which is also best at offering a better viewing experience when sitting more central to the TV, though this could be debated. I didn't want to restrict my viewing angle, so went for the 55" flat and to be honest, I feel like I got more my monies worth.

Design wise, what I really like about the 'KD55XD8005' is just how thin the bezel is, just 1.1cm from the edge with this thickness being similar (not included the protruding lower back part). I definitely say this TV has a very smart appearance.

♦ Set-Up ♦

Before setting up, you will need to have a Phillips screwdriver and after my experience, if you want an easier set-up, and extra hand! Whilst its light for its size, it still has a bit of weight to it and can be awkward to hold.

I really liked at how the TV was packed; located on the front and rear of the box are two plastic clips on each side which holds the top sleeve of the box intact; by removing these clips will allow you to slide the top of the box off, genius! (This may be a feature on other TV boxes, however I've never come across these before).

The first this you need to do it screw some mounting place on the TV stand (unless you're wall mounting which I didn't do), once this is done, the TV can be lifted over and slotted into place on the stand, then screwed into place (check the instructions as two different types of screws are provided). With an extra person giving you a hand, this process will barely take a minute!

When looking from behind the TV, all the ports (USB, HDMI, IR Blaster, Headphone Jack & Aerial etc...) are located on the right hand side, with the SCART nearer to the centre rear and the power socket to the left, or when looking at the TV head on, your main cables will come out from the left and power cable from the right. The rear of the stand (55" model) has a panel which can effectively tidy up the cables by them all meeting in the middle and exits one hole at the bottom, this made the rear of the TV look much neater.

On initial powering up and putting the included AAA batteries into the remote, the TV screen will take you through some settings and ask to connect to the internet so it can perform the latest update; this update may take a couple of minutes, but updates are always recommended, so do be patient. Once done, you can set-up the digital TV if you have an aerial cable, this is done with the in-built YouView, which I must say is brilliant. You can also connect the TV to your Google account for various apps etc...

♦ In-Use ♦

Spending a little time to navigate through the TV menu system is recommended, it took me a little while to familiarise myself with the user interface, but once I caught on, I can see it's actually a well put together UI.

I also like the TV remote, it has a good layout and is comfortable to handle. That said, the menu system does have a slight delay in response time from the moment of input on the remote, though whilst is manageable, could be better.

♦ Picture/Audio Quality ♦

- Light Bleeding:
There is some light bleeding around the edges, however I found this to be minimal and only noticeable on very dark scenes. May not bother some, buy may do others; for me? I can deal with it perfectly fine.

- Standard Definition:
Going from a 42" to a 55" has made me notice the difference in quality when it comes to standard definition, and it's not better for the latter. I think where it's stretching the picture even further, it is also degrading the quality more so, and it is noticeable. So for standard definition TV channels etc... Prepare for lower quality. Though don't let that put you off, it is still perfectly watchable.

- High Definition & Ultra High Definition:
From HD channels/content and 4K content is where this TV truly excels, it really does look utterly fantastic! The details to the colour... WOW, absolutely sublime!

- 4K HDR:
HDR stands for 'High Dynamic Range' which offers a whole new level of colours, especially when in the brighter end where normally they would look washed out, HDR can actually give more clarity on these colours.

PS4 Pro Users or anyone who has a '4K HDR' device, will need to insert these into either the 'HDMI 2' or 'HDMI 3' ports, then press 'HOME' on the remote and go to: 'Settings' - 'External inputs' - 'HDMI signal format', then enable 'Enhanced format', otherwise you will not be able to achieve '4K HDR'. I'd recommend keeping your PS4 Pro and other devices off whilst making this change, then power up after. Also note that games/content that support HDR will be promoted when for example, starting up a game; the HDR settings can normally be toggled off within the games settings too.

I noticed when having the PS4 Pro in HDMI port 1, I could only achieve 2K HDR. Also for PSVR users, the processing unit that comes with it can't pass-through HDR, so have a separate set-up for the PSVR on 'HDMI 1' and a direct set-up for the PS4 Pro on 'HDMI 2', and swap the cables when need be.

4K HDR, it's honestly jaw dropping, the detail which already pops out on this TV are enhanced even more with the vast extra pallet of colours available, extra brightness and detail, it really makes it more life-like! Once you've played in HDR, you won't want to go back.

- Gaming Mode:
Something I really wanted to add. For those mode, when in the right setting location it does require a lot of scrolling to select it, however the TV remembers that mode for that particular input. So for example, I could have it on cinema mode with 'HDMI 1', but gaming mode on 'HDMI 2'.

When you first select gaming mode, it will dull down the picture, just have a play around with the colour settings etc... and before you know it, it will be nice and vibrant, didn't take much time at all.

- Football Mode:
This is probably the easiest setting to activate as it's one of the first things available within the settings menu. Whilst I'm not a football lover, one of my family members is. He didn't like the lack of motion shown on the TV causing a lot of blurriness during fast activity, especially on standard definition TV, but with this mode enabled, he was very pleased with the results.

- Audio Quality:
With TV's getting slimmer and slimmer these days, it does mean there is less room for speakers which unfortunately means quality isn't going to be amazing, that's what sound systems are for. I personally think the audio quality is actually very decent considering it's build, though have opted to use my low-end Bose speaker system as they do of course offer better sound at the end of the day.

♦ Final Thoughts ♦

This TV isn't perfect, however I do feel that money was well spent. It's a smart looking TV with a decent size and extremely thin frame; it has some great features and truly excels in the HD & 4K department, oh and more importantly (for me), great for gaming on.

Would definitely recommend this TV set.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 1, 2016 11:56 AM GMT

Swiss Military Men's SM33786AEU/H01TXS Quartz Watch with Silver Dial Analogue Display and Leather Strap

4.0 out of 5 stars Incredibly sophisticated, 15 Nov. 2016
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
It's quite clear just by the presentation, Swiss Military have set the standards rather high for this wrist watch. Inside a mainly plain black box with simple silver branding on the front, contains a luxurious looking and feeling leather styled case; inside that you will find the watch (of course) which is neatly and snugly placed inside wrapped around a little pillow.

I've never owned a watch at such calibre before, and now I get why. First of all the looks were striking, the watch face features really give off a smart and suave feel alone, never mind the lovely thick leather strap. When holding it, you can feel the solidity and utter tip top build quality; this watch certainly means business and gives off that vibe too. You will also notice on the buckle and crown is an embossed Swiss Military logo, just shows they like to concentrate on the little details.

As for features, this watches glass face is made out of sapphire crystal; the minute and hours hands in addition of the hourly markings are light reactive so will glow in the dark if it has enough charge; it also features a chronograph and the date number.

All in all, this is a mighty fine watch and I personally find it extremely comfortable to wear and easy to read the time, that said, there is something which really bugs me... Unfortunately as much as I love the tick strap, the fixed loop doesn't have much clearance from the buckle making it very hard to undo! I think due to the thickness of the strap, it would have been better to make the fixed loop, an additional free loop, but that's my opinion.

As for my final thoughts, apart from the difficulty of undoing the strap, this is an incredibly sophisticated watch that oozes quality and style, so would recommend.

Sony PlayStation 4 Pro 1TB
Sony PlayStation 4 Pro 1TB

5.0 out of 5 stars A much improved PS4 and a purchase I do not regret, 12 Nov. 2016
♦ Introduction ♦

With the latest Pro model introduced into the PS4 family, this leaves consumers with three versions of the PS4 to choose from (not including the different storage options): Original (Soon to be discontinued) | Slim | Pro.

For people who are looking to buy a PS4 for the first time, the original model is roughly the same price as the slim (both available in 500GB & 1TB models). The slim, as the title suggests is a much slimmer and lighter version of the original PS4; it offers much better power management as well as improves to certain components as the WiFi module etc... Downside is the slim does not have an optical/digital out (a port a lot of wireless PS4 headsets require for connection).

The Pro on the other-hand is larger than the original PS4, has all original ports; an extra USB port for the rear; improved components and twice the GPU power! The benefits for going with the Pro will make certain games optimised for faster frame rates & less dips (smoother gameplay) and even look better; even more so, play in 4K resolution (some up-scaled and others in native).

The benefits for having a pro will be more noticeable when newer games come out with the extra support for the Pro; meanwhile Sony have announced a whole load of games that have been patched to utilise the extra power in the Pro.

Those who aren't interested in spending extra to buy/upgrade to the pro, need not worry as EVERY PS4 game will work on all PS4 models, it's just you'll be able to get better performance from the Pro; just imagine playing a PC game and having the option to choose from medium or high graphics settings, it's basically the same thing.

♦ Box Contents ♦

∙ PlayStation 4 Pro Console.
DualShock 4 Controller (Ver.2).
∙ Mono In-Ear Headset.
∙ Micro USB Cable (Charging the DS4).
∙ HDMI Cable (Capable of transmitting 4K).
∙ Power Cable.
∙ Instruction Manual.

♦ Tech Specs ♦

∙ Dimensions: 295(W)×55(H)×327(L) mm.
∙ Weight: 3.3 kg.
∙ Disc drive: BD×6 CAV / DVD×8 CAV.
∙ Networking: Ethernet (10BASE-T, 100BASE-TX, 1000BASE-T) | IEEE 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac | Bluetooth® 4.0 (LE).
∙ Ports: 3x USB 3.1 Ports (2 front, 1 Rear) | HDMI Out | AUX (For PS4 Camera) | Digital/Optical Out | Ethernet.

♦ Additional Purchases ♦

- Required Extras:
If you plan on playing online games, then a PlayStation Plus Membership is a MUST. You can buy a code to redeem from Amazon, or do it directly on the PS4 through the PlayStation Network Store. You can choose to pay in monthly or three monthly instalments, or pay for the full 12 months upfront, the latter works out the best value. Other benefits of PlayStation Plus is receiving two free PS4 games every month from the PSN Store.

If you own an older PS4 model and want to transfer everything over to the pro, you will need an Ethernet cable if you don't have one spare already.

- Optional Extras:
Vertical Stand (PS4 Pro/Slim): I have this stand and would highly recommend this.
DualShock 4 Controller (Ver.2).
DualShock 4 Charging Station: Great charging dock that can charge two controllers simultaneously.
Sony PlayStation Wireless Stereo Headset 2.0: Quality over-ear headset for decent price.
∙ [[ASIN:B01LSFGWR0PlayStation 4 Camera]]: Would only recommend this if you're getting PSVR, otherwise there's not much to it.

♦ Set-Up ♦

I don't think Sony could make it any easier to set the console up:

1) Insert HDMI cable to the "HDMI OUT" port of the PS4 and into the "HDMI IN" of your HDTV.
2) Insert the power cable into the PS4 and the other end into a powered socket (i.e. wall socket).
3) Insert the USB cable into the USB port of the PS4 and the micro end into the controller (just below the light bar).
4) Make sure your TV is on and is on the corresponding HDMI source.
5) Turn on the PS4 by pressing the power button (It's a little hard to see, but once you know where it is it's simple; there's a plastic strip, it's to the left, or up the top if mounted on a vertical stand).
6) Follow on-screen instructions.

Once connected to your home network, it's always best to update to the latest software update: "Settings" - "System Software Update".

♦ Old PS4 Transfer to Pro ♦

I had the original model PS4 (from launch) and was dreading transferring files over, but Sony have your back!

With the PS4 Pro all connected and ready to set-up, link the pro to your old console via the Ethernet cable and have the old console powered up and logged into your account (old PS4 doesn't need to be hooked up to a TV, however I did anyway).

Follow the set-up instructions above and when you sign into your primary account, you will get a pop-up asking whether you would like to transfer storage from the old PS4 to the new one, accept this and it will take you through some very simple instructions.

I had around 370GB worth of files and it took roughly 1 hour and 30 minutes to fully transfer. The transfer included all my accounts, all game downloads & installs, game saves, organised folders... Everything! Gave me a piece of mind once done that I don't have to reinstall everything, fantastic!

♦ PRO Performance ♦

The PlayStation 4 Pro isn't just for people with 4K or 4K HDR televisions, sure whilst they will benefit the most from the extra capabilities this console has to offer in terms of performance and quality, normal HDTV owners will also benefit from supported games.

As a normal HDTV owner, I had been playing Battlefield 1 before the Pro came out, and I have to say I noticed a huge difference when switching to the Pro. BF1 when updated to the latest patch will tap into the extra power the Pro has to offer, this will result in a boost in graphic levels (especially lighting) and smoother gameplay. So pleased about this!

My friend and I also updated The Last of Us: Remastered (one of my favourite games of all time) and this also felt smoother.

Other improvements to the console in general was just how quiet it ran compared to the older PS4, it's almost silent.

If you're one for sharing gameplay, the PS4 Pro can also capture gameplay in 1080p in addition to the previous 720p quality.

♦ Final Thoughts ♦

The PS4 Pro is an absolute beast when it comes to console gaming and is a welcomed upgrade for those who want that extra boost in quality to their gaming experience.

Whilst the pro isn't a necessary purchase as all future PS4 games will work on the original and slims PS4 models, it's definitely a model I would recommend over the rest as you're getting more for your money and future proofing yourself should you ever want more from your games or end up buy a 4KTV and wanting to play in 4K quality.

Long story short, is it worth the upgrade? Absolutely.

Would highly recommend!
Comment Comments (10) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 24, 2016 8:46 AM GMT

Sony PlayStation 4 Vertical Stand (PS4 Pro/PS4 D Chassis)
Sony PlayStation 4 Vertical Stand (PS4 Pro/PS4 D Chassis)

5.0 out of 5 stars Vertical stand for the PS4 Slim & Pro, 12 Nov. 2016
Length:: 3:03 Mins

If you own a PlayStation 4 Slim or PlayStation 4 Pro and are looking for a way to have it set up vertically, then look no further.

Whilst this is basically a thin slab of plastic, it actually looks pretty nice as it has a subtle gradient effects, starting with black towards the centre and clearer as it gets to the edges.

- Included in the box:
∙ PS4 Slim base template.
∙ PS4 Pro base template.
∙ Stand base.
∙ Screw.
∙ Instruction manual.

Set up was a doddle, it really couldn't have been simpler:
1) Choose the correct base template (each template has an icon on it; the two lines means the template is for the PS4 slim and the three lines for the Pro).
2) Place the console on it's head so that the base is exposed and you should see some PlayStation symbols; align the templates symbols with the ones on the base of the PlayStation and it should slot in nicely.
3) Place the stand base on top of the template (icons to show which is the correct way).
4) Insert the screw (this can be tightened by screwdriver or coin).

The end result leaves you with a surprisingly sturdy upright standing PS4 and it looks pretty smart too.

Would I recommend? Absolutely.

Feisty Pets by William Mark- Black Belt Bobby Adorable 21.5cm Plush Stuffed Panda That Turns Feisty With a Squeeze!
Offered by YUK

5.0 out of 5 stars Aww it's so cuuuute.... OH GOD, OH GOD!, 11 Nov. 2016
Feisty Pets have various animals to choose from, however I decided to go for the Panda. Basically I was looking for a Christmas present for my sister who loves pandas, so thought "what could top getting her a cute cuddly looking panda that also looks like it wants to eat your face?".

I can't express how brilliant this product is and it's very simple to use! If you feel the back of the animals head, you will find a lever on each side; by pressing these inwards will result in the eyebrows dropping and the mouth opening with sharp looking teeth.

I must stress for those parents wondering, the teeth aren't actually sharp and if you put your finger into the mouth and release the levers, it will not clamp down on your finger.

This is definitely a product that can be appreciated by adults as well as children, of course. Would highly recommend.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Neewer® NW-E-35-1.7 35mm f/1.7 Manual Focus Prime Fixed Lens for SONY E-Mount Digital Cameras, Such as SONY NEX3, 3N, 5, 5T, 5R, 6, 7, A5000, A5100, A6000, A6100 and A6300
Offered by iTekLife Global

4.0 out of 5 stars Cheap price but not cheap quality, 11 Nov. 2016
This product page shares reviews from various lenses, this review is for the 'NW-E-35-1.7 35mm f/1.7 Manual Focus Prime Fixed Lens'.

► Disclaimer: I received this product for evaluation and to publish an unbiased review, all my opinions are of my own and are not influenced by the manufacture.

.·:*¨*:·.·:*¨*:·.·:*¨*:·.·:*¨*:·.

Whilst this lens has been developed for Sony's E-mount cameras with 'APS-C' sized sensors it will work on a full frame camera you have an option in the settings like: 'APS-C Size Capture', this will notify the camera to use the appropriate size of its sensor, otherwise you will end up with a heavy vignette effect.

When getting this lens out of it's boxed, I was surprised to see how compact it was (included the lens cap fitted, this sticks out of the camera by just 4cm), the construction felt superb too with its all metal body.

When it came to mounting the lens onto my camera, it was a bit of a guessing game as there was no indication where the mounting point was; they could have added a white dot like the ones typically found on other Sony lenses and would have saved me time and less faffing. Another thing to point out is this lens's front cap slides on and off, it doesn't clip on.

Once mounted, it's very important to enable the 'Release w/o Lens' setting, without this enabled you simply won't be able to take a photo.

As this is a manual lens, adjusting aperture and focus has to be done on the lens rather than the camera. Markings on the lens are clearly written and I personally found the rings easy to rotate.

If it's one thing I do want to point out (mainly for those who mainly rely on auto-focus), this lens will make you work for your shot. Focusing is tough, it really is hard work, but hopefully with more and more practice, I can get it down quicker and more accurate.

As for photo quality, you aren't going to be competing with Sony's premium lenses, however I do feel the photo quality from this lens is actually very good and decently sharp when I got it right, especially for such a low price!

✔ Pros:
✓ Compact & very good quality build.
✓ Easy to adjust aperture and focus.
✓ Takes decent quality photos.
✓ Low price.

✖ Cons:
✘ No mounting markings.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 30, 2016 11:21 PM GMT

New Sony PlayStation 4 Camera (PS4/PSVR)
New Sony PlayStation 4 Camera (PS4/PSVR)
Offered by Scan Computers Intl Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars A must have for PSVR, 8 Nov. 2016
If you have the old PlayStation 4 Camera, then unless you really prefer the style of the new one, there really isn't any need to upgrade as I haven't noticed any difference in image quality or tracking, it seems to be exactly the same.

For those who are thinking about going for this newer model, you'll be pleased to hear that a stand/clamp is included in the box, unlike the older model which required an additional purchase.

The PS4 camera without the PSVR I personally found to be not that special: Whilst I've never regretted purchasing the original model on release, I only really used it for face recognition and although it had voice control abilities, I never used that feature. In addition, the game library for the PS4 camera alone was never that strong.

Now the PSVR has come out, it has breathed life into the PS4 camera as it's a required add-on.

The camera is very easy to set up: It slots right into the included clamp which allows it to be mounted on top of your TV or acts as a stand. The cable length is approximately 2m which should be suitable for most set-ups.

Within my experience of using this camera with the PSVR, tracking is generally really good, especially the VR headset which seems to be spot on every time. Motion controllers can come off-track at times, but you'll find for the most part, tracking is very good, even in low-light which I'm very pleased about.

Long story short, if you don't have an old/new PS4 camera already and plan on getting the PSVR, then this is a must have. If you don't plan on getting the PSVR, then see whether there is enough features to make the purchase worthwhile.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20