Profile for Epicurean Dave > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
The Soul of All Natural Things
The Soul of All Natural Things

5.0 out of 5 stars Just beautiful., 5 Mar. 2014
I've been aware of her for a long while through a tape a friend gave me which eventually died. And then I forgot about it and her. But whilst listening to Mark Radcliffe today I heard her again and was stunned. I've been playing this all day alongside Parallelograms (which I also finally bought and sounds much better than the tape I had). This is an album for lazy sunny lie-ins and quiet nights with a fine drink. It'll be your go to album for when the right mood strikes. It blends into a complete album in the same way that albums such as David Sylvians Secrets of the Beehive manage to do. It's beautiful throughout and feels like vitamins for the soul. Get it, you'll feel healthier.

EP1 [Explicit]
EP1 [Explicit]

4.0 out of 5 stars Not bad at all, 11 Sept. 2013
This review is from: EP1 [Explicit] (MP3 Download)
This ep turned out better than I expected. I feared it would sound like a Frank Black solo effort - not a bad thing in itself, but lately his alt/country/pub rock was beginning to blur into the same song. This is a new direction with possibly a nod towards the Bossanova era. They've existed longer in their reformed stage than they did before they broke up so it was about time they knuckled down and got into the studio. I'm happy they did.

Ass Kickin' Peach Rum Salsa
Ass Kickin' Peach Rum Salsa

5.0 out of 5 stars Like an angel dancing on my tongue., 4 Dec. 2012
This salsa is marvellous. The jar didn't last the week, I used it on everything. It's sweet with a nice bit of heat, so complements food with a bit of salt to them, like bacon and ham.

Roberts Sound100 CD/DAB/FM Digital Sound System with Dock for iPod/iPhone walnut (discontinued by manufacturer)

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 6 Nov. 2012
I've had this a week now and I've found it to be excellent. I first saw it in a well known electrical shop for 249.99 and had they had it stock, I would have bought it then. They didn't so I checked on Amazon and not only is it cheaper I received it the next day. It looks like a Roberts should - classy. Sound wise it's excellent; it'll fill a good size room with a warm sound. The DAB radio part is crystal clear as is the CD player; and both simple to use. The IPod dock is nicely done and the system is infinitely quicker than my Pure Contour which - although I'm happy with it - has now been relegated to the bedroom. If you don't need to blast out a stadium, this is the equipment you want. The only issue is that I keep losing the remote down the back of the couch. But that's my fault, not Roberts.

Potters Cleansing Herb Tablets 50 Tablets
Potters Cleansing Herb Tablets 50 Tablets
Offered by All Mall Shop

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding, 10 July 2012
I bought these from the local health food shop as I was a bit bunged upon from doing the Atkins. As is normal for me, I gave a cursory look at the instructions and thought that the recommended dose wouldn't dislodge the week of Edam omelettes with hot sauce I'd devoured. I'd tried the normal route of fibre supplements and loads of fluids; but all I'd ended up with is some burst veins on my forehead and some quality reading time - I now know all the ingredients to all my toiletries and how women's products work. Anyway I took a slack handful and waited. Next morning all hell was let loose. My ears popped!!! I was a hollow man. No time for reading or pondering. Just muffled oaths and a little weep. I left the toilet with a spring in my step and a limp. Great stuff but could come with an epidural or something similar.
Comment Comments (6) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 27, 2015 12:43 AM GMT

This Is PiL CD + DVD Ltd edition
This Is PiL CD + DVD Ltd edition
Offered by skyvo-direct

4.0 out of 5 stars At last!, 5 Jun. 2012
I bought the last album "That what is not" on the day it was released 20 years ago and I saw them a few years ago in Manchester when the bass almost beat me up. This isn't the sound of a band resting on its laurels. It's got the sound of "9" in places and I think it's better than "That what is not" and certainly the best thing they've done since "Album". I'm overjoyed; there's nothing worse than a band coming back for the money and with nothing new to say. This definitely isn't a band doing that! With PIL and Dexys stunning me, 2012 isn't looking too bad at all.

Iron Sky (Blu-ray + Digital Copy)
Iron Sky (Blu-ray + Digital Copy)
Dvd ~ Julia Dietze
Offered by b68solutions

4.0 out of 5 stars Great fun, 4 Jun. 2012
I've been waiting for ages for this to come out; tempted by the tasters on youtube over the years. I guessed it wouldn't a high concept film that I'd spend hours mulling over trying to work out themes and contexts. What this film is, is a great way to spend a couple of hours with mates and a few beers watching what may become a steampunk cult classic. The soundtrack's by Laibach, and they always add an extra dimension to what they contribute to. See it, and be surprised by which side you take.

Old Spice Fiji Body Wash 475 ml Body Wash for Men
Old Spice Fiji Body Wash 475 ml Body Wash for Men
Offered by Deals of UK

2.0 out of 5 stars I'm on a horse - a very expensive one!, 9 Mar. 2012
Whilst I can't fault the product - it smells great and leaves me feeling splendid - a total price including postage and packing of over 18 pound - p and p included - for a single bottle of shower gel (I mistakenly thought I was getting two - my fault should have read the description properly) takes Old Spice into the realms of Molton Brown. I doubt I could carry 18 pound worth of Old Spice Original out of Superdrug or equivalent. Lessons learnt here are don't go on Amazon after drinking a pile of Jaegerbombs whilst messing around watching daft adverts on Youtube.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Some crazy magic!!, 9 Feb. 2012
When I opened the box containing this artefact I was engulfed by a golden light, angels sang Monteverdi's Vespers and I haven't been the same since. I now have a feeling how that bloke felt when he opened Tutankhamen's tomb. People stop by just to admire it and obviously buy the t-shirt - "I've been round Dave's and seen his mug". A lucky few get to sip from it!! I wouldn't be surprised if some divine people have used it to turn water into wine; I know that if I have any more than 2 mugs of coffee out of it I'm in no state to drive! Be careful this thing has powers.

Effervescent Bacon Drink Tablets
Effervescent Bacon Drink Tablets

2.0 out of 5 stars Not a gourmet treat, 7 Dec. 2011
= Durability:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:3.0 out of 5 stars
If you're looking for lovely bacon flavoured fizzy drink, this probably isn't it. It hardly dissolves, tastes surprisingly of very little, smells baconish though - in a burnt rubber way. My niece tried sucking on a tablet for a full on bacon buzz. She didn't like it, she said it tastes like licking Birmingham. I've given it 3 stars for educational value as I'm sure there's a lesson to be learnt here.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 25, 2012 1:08 AM GMT