Profile for Epicurean Dave > Reviews

Content by Epicurean Dave

Epicurean Dave (Chilling)

Page: 1 | 2
The History of Greek Philosophy: v. 1 (Picador Books)
The History of Greek Philosophy: v. 1 (Picador Books)
by Luciano De Crescenzo

5.0 out of 5 stars I cannot think of a more accessible introduction to Greek ..., 6 July 2016
I cannot think of a more accessible introduction to Greek Philosophy. Even 20-something years later, I still delve into it. I truly wish Luciano De Crescenzo had all his books published in English as I believe that he's a voice worth listening to.

The Waiting Room
The Waiting Room

4.0 out of 5 stars This is a brilliant composed and reflective album, 22 Jan. 2016
This review is from: The Waiting Room (MP3 Download)
This is a brilliant composed and reflective album. It's cinematic in places and smokey jazz bar in others. The band sounds tight and surprisingly funky and Hey Lucinda is lovely. It'll have you tapping your feet whilst you drown your sorrows. On a different note the video to 'We Are Dreamers' has been annoying me for months.

Adidas ECB 2015 England Match Cap (Navy/Orange Mens)
Adidas ECB 2015 England Match Cap (Navy/Orange Mens)

5.0 out of 5 stars Took it off whilst shopping and dropped a fine bottle of red whilst getting it out my car ..., 7 Aug. 2015
Wore this yesterday for the first time and England bowled out the Aussies for 60. It has magic powers! Took it off whilst shopping and dropped a fine bottle of red whilst getting it out my car boot. A lesson has been learnt.

(6 PACK) - Artisan Grains - Freekeh | 200g | 6 PACK BUNDLE
(6 PACK) - Artisan Grains - Freekeh | 200g | 6 PACK BUNDLE
Offered by 123 DIRECT LTD

5.0 out of 5 stars It tastes fine and has a good texture, 24 July 2015
Despite being an old food stuff, it may well be the future. It certainly will be the future of my diet. Low sugar, high protein and packed with fibre. It tastes fine and has a good texture. Much better than Quinoa. I use it as a replacement for rice and have even made a decent risotto with it. It's not particularly difficult to cook and to make it a little funky I cook it with an organic stock cube. I certainly won't be without it and with all these benefits I can't see myself buying rice for a while.

The Soul of All Natural Things
The Soul of All Natural Things

5.0 out of 5 stars Just beautiful., 5 Mar. 2014
I've been aware of her for a long while through a tape a friend gave me which eventually died. And then I forgot about it and her. But whilst listening to Mark Radcliffe today I heard her again and was stunned. I've been playing this all day alongside Parallelograms (which I also finally bought and sounds much better than the tape I had). This is an album for lazy sunny lie-ins and quiet nights with a fine drink. It'll be your go to album for when the right mood strikes. It blends into a complete album in the same way that albums such as David Sylvians Secrets of the Beehive manage to do. It's beautiful throughout and feels like vitamins for the soul. Get it, you'll feel healthier.

EP1 [Explicit]
EP1 [Explicit]

4.0 out of 5 stars Not bad at all, 11 Sept. 2013
This review is from: EP1 [Explicit] (MP3 Download)
This ep turned out better than I expected. I feared it would sound like a Frank Black solo effort - not a bad thing in itself, but lately his alt/country/pub rock was beginning to blur into the same song. This is a new direction with possibly a nod towards the Bossanova era. They've existed longer in their reformed stage than they did before they broke up so it was about time they knuckled down and got into the studio. I'm happy they did.

Ass Kickin' Peach Rum Salsa
Ass Kickin' Peach Rum Salsa

5.0 out of 5 stars Like an angel dancing on my tongue., 4 Dec. 2012
This salsa is marvellous. The jar didn't last the week, I used it on everything. It's sweet with a nice bit of heat, so complements food with a bit of salt to them, like bacon and ham.

Roberts Sound100 CD/DAB/FM Digital Sound System with Dock for iPod/iPhone walnut (discontinued by manufacturer)

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 6 Nov. 2012
I've had this a week now and I've found it to be excellent. I first saw it in a well known electrical shop for 249.99 and had they had it stock, I would have bought it then. They didn't so I checked on Amazon and not only is it cheaper I received it the next day. It looks like a Roberts should - classy. Sound wise it's excellent; it'll fill a good size room with a warm sound. The DAB radio part is crystal clear as is the CD player; and both simple to use. The IPod dock is nicely done and the system is infinitely quicker than my Pure Contour which - although I'm happy with it - has now been relegated to the bedroom. If you don't need to blast out a stadium, this is the equipment you want. The only issue is that I keep losing the remote down the back of the couch. But that's my fault, not Roberts.

Cleansing Herb (Occasional Constipation) THR - R - 50 Tablets
Cleansing Herb (Occasional Constipation) THR - R - 50 Tablets

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding, 10 July 2012
I bought these from the local health food shop as I was a bit bunged upon from doing the Atkins. As is normal for me, I gave a cursory look at the instructions and thought that the recommended dose wouldn't dislodge the week of Edam omelettes with hot sauce I'd devoured. I'd tried the normal route of fibre supplements and loads of fluids; but all I'd ended up with is some burst veins on my forehead and some quality reading time - I now know all the ingredients to all my toiletries and how women's products work. Anyway I took a slack handful and waited. Next morning all hell was let loose. My ears popped!!! I was a hollow man. No time for reading or pondering. Just muffled oaths and a little weep. I left the toilet with a spring in my step and a limp. Great stuff but could come with an epidural or something similar.
Comment Comments (7) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 27, 2016 8:08 PM BST

This Is PiL CD + DVD Ltd edition
This Is PiL CD + DVD Ltd edition

4.0 out of 5 stars At last!, 5 Jun. 2012
I bought the last album "That what is not" on the day it was released 20 years ago and I saw them a few years ago in Manchester when the bass almost beat me up. This isn't the sound of a band resting on its laurels. It's got the sound of "9" in places and I think it's better than "That what is not" and certainly the best thing they've done since "Album". I'm overjoyed; there's nothing worse than a band coming back for the money and with nothing new to say. This definitely isn't a band doing that! With PIL and Dexys stunning me, 2012 isn't looking too bad at all.

Page: 1 | 2