Profile for Emma B > Reviews

Content by Emma B

Emma B "Shorty" (Oxford, Uk)

Misfit Shine Fitness + Sleep Monitor (Jet Black)
Misfit Shine Fitness + Sleep Monitor (Jet Black)

5.0 out of 5 stars A tracker for all days, a great little way to encourage an active life., 11 Sept. 2014
I've had my MisFit Shine for a little over 2 months now and so far I love it.

I made the change to the MisFit Shine from a rigid wristband style tracker (Nike Fuelband, FitBit etc) as I needed a gadget that was more flexible. I play a full contact sport that requires the use of protective wristguards and the solid wristbands do not fit with them. With the MisFit I can either wear it higher up my arm or attach it using the magnetic clip to my clothing. This means I do not miss out on tracking my main activity each week. I can then move it to my shoe to track my weekend cycle (a tracker on your wrist doesn't log cycling as you aren't moving your arms a lot).

I have also used it when swimming once or twice. It feels weird to get in a body of water wearing your tech but it tracks you fine!

The data on your sleep quality is for me an added bonus. It wasn't my reason for buying the Shine but now I have it I am fascinated. On those mornings where you think you woke up every hour you can check back and look at a detailed graph of your sleep. It is a little addictive!

The only criticism I can level at it is that the standard wristband could be a little "prettier" to match the Shine's nice look. But it is practical and despite my tough full contact sport it is bearing up very well.

The MisFit Shine provides me with valuable data on my activity levels and encourages me to move more. As I train and get fitter I can see how my performance is improving week on week. A lovely nudge in the right diretion. "Do more, be better".

Dreams of Gods and Monsters: Daughter of Smoke and Bone Trilogy Book 3
Dreams of Gods and Monsters: Daughter of Smoke and Bone Trilogy Book 3

5.0 out of 5 stars I wish it wasn't finished!, 18 May 2014
A wonderful, beautiful, heartbreaking, and breathtaking end to the Daughter of Smoke and Bone Trilogy. I've just finished reading it and I miss all the characters already.

Life After Life
Life After Life

5.0 out of 5 stars Gripping, amazing, heart breaking and awe inspiring., 9 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Life After Life (Kindle Edition)
A wonderful read. You quickly get used to the way the story is told and it will make you cry out with joy, horror and disbelief. Be prepared to devour it quickly.

KanaaN USB Data Sync and Charging Cable for Apple iPad 3 iPad 2 & iPad, iPhone 4 4S 3G 3GS and iPod - 1.5 m long - longer than original cable

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality, reliable., 31 July 2013
Works well and seems well made and reliable. Not much more to be said about a cable really! Does what it says on the tin.

Silicone Purse 8 Different Colors to Choose Coin Wallet with metal buckle (Baby Pink)
Offered by uk-itculture

5.0 out of 5 stars Cute, cheap and sturdy, 31 July 2013
I bought it as an "emergency purse" after mine broke but it is so cute I still use it! A bargain!

Metaltex Richmond Traditional Folding Airer, 4 Sections
Metaltex Richmond Traditional Folding Airer, 4 Sections

5.0 out of 5 stars Value for money clothes airer, 29 May 2013
I use this every day and it is holding up well. Hardly a complicated product but it is surviving well including my cats using it as a climbing frame/launch pad

TRIXES Pink Amazon Kindle Holiday Waterproof Case Cover Protective Bag Pouch for Amazon Kindle - Kindle Keyboard - Kindle Touch - Kindle Fire
Offered by Digiflex

3.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant for the Keyboard Kindle NOT Touchscreen Kindle, 9 July 2012
This item was perfect for my Kindle Keyboard version. I removed the neck strap and then used it for months while reading in the bath. Did exactly the job I wanted it for and survived some fairly big bath splashes.

BUT my Kindle died (don't cry) and I replaced it with the new snazzy touch version. This case is now useless. Although my new Kindle fits in it the device registers the plastic touching it as a screen press. Cue it manically changing pages, font size, opening menus etc etc. I will now have to find another solution.

To sum up this is a brilliant item for the older Kindle versions but doesn't work with the Touch.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 11, 2012 1:23 PM BST

The Crimson Petal and the White
The Crimson Petal and the White

5.0 out of 5 stars A wonderful period tale, 24 April 2011
This is an amazing atmospheric story. I was drawn in to Sugar's world and it was a extraordinary place to be. Download the sample and prepare to be hooked.

The Devil Rides Out
The Devil Rides Out

4.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Book. Format stole it's fifth star., 16 Oct. 2010
This book is a fab follow up to Paul O'Grady's first autobiography. Full of his wit and shows his wonderful way of telling a story.

The only thing that let it down is that the publishers decided that we didn't need the photos in this kindle version. I feel really let down. Other Kindle Books have them so why not include them here?

Spongebob Squarepants: Halloween [DVD] [2000]
Spongebob Squarepants: Halloween [DVD] [2000]
Dvd ~ Tom Kenny
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT

5.0 out of 5 stars Spongebob DVD Number 2!!, 25 Oct. 2003
I am an avid Spongebob fan so I can barely contain myself when a new DVD comes out. This one is no disappointment! It has 5 spooky (though they use that word loosely) episodes in honour of halloween and a further 5 "bonus" episodes. They are all great tales from Bikini Bottom, the home of our hero and his friends. All I would say is that the special features on this DVD are not as good as those on the last one ..... you only get a 30 second music video and a preview of a video game that came out LAST year!! Never mind it is the episodes you buy it for so enjoy, enjoy, enjoy. :)