Profile for librarygirl > Reviews

Content by librarygirl

librarygirl (lincolnshire, england)

Page: 1 | 2
50gm Bumper Mixed Christmas Button Pack. Red, Green & White Mix. Different shapes, sizes and colours. Craft / Sewing / Quilting / Patchwork / Jewellery Making.
Offered by The Little Button Craft Shop

1.0 out of 5 stars Size does matter, 23 Nov. 2014
Like other reviewers have said bumper is not the right word to describe this pack. I wanted these for small craft projects and out of the whole selection I only found half a dozen small enough. Most of the buttons were very large, some were broken, some had writing on them and some didn't even have any holes in them!!! Very disappointed.

50 pieces 8mm Mixed Color Jingle Bells - A0070
50 pieces 8mm Mixed Color Jingle Bells - A0070
Offered by lotusbeadsuk

1.0 out of 5 stars not like picture, 23 Nov. 2014
Very disappointed, was expecting metallic bells and these look like they have been dipped in a thick matte emulsion. I wanted these for Christmas decorations and they are no good whatsoever, thy are not even bright colours.

Sleep Tight
Sleep Tight

3.0 out of 5 stars Anti climax, 23 Oct. 2014
This review is from: Sleep Tight (Kindle Edition)
Hmmm can't help but feel I've seen it all before. A cross between Gone Girl and Sleeping with the Enemy. Passed a few hours but nothing to get excited about.

Nothing but Lies: A British Police Dog-Handler Mystery (A Daniel Whelan Mystery)
by Lyndon Stacey

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 28 Sept. 2014
Have enjoyed Lyndon Stacey books in the past and seem to remember quite liking the first Daniel Whelan book so was looking forward to the latest offering but have to say I found this one a bit tedious. The characters were very two dimensional and I found I didn't really care what happened to any of them. The storyline was very predictable and although there were quite a few moments of potential drama the tension was never quite realised. Maybe the author was having a bad day, or maybe it was just me either way I won't be rushing out to get the next instalment with as much enthusiasm.

Red Bones (Shetland Book 3)
Red Bones (Shetland Book 3)

5.0 out of 5 stars atmospheric, 24 Jun. 2014
Love the ann cleeves Shetland series, have now read them all and eagerly await the next. Love books set in remote closeknit island communities and these books give a real sense of that. If you enjoy these I would also recommend Peter May's Lewis trilogy set on the isle of lewis.

Christmas Cuties Amigurumi Crochet Pattern (Chrismas Ornaments Book 2)
Christmas Cuties Amigurumi Crochet Pattern (Chrismas Ornaments Book 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars recommend, 24 Jun. 2014
Great book, easy to follow instructions and clear illustrations. Have already made the snowman, polar bear and reindeer (I did adapt them a little bit, gave the snowman a felt carrot nose and the polar bear a proper snout), everyone I show them to wants one !! Highly recommend

Beyond Temptation: How to stop overeating and feel normal and in control around food

2.0 out of 5 stars not much to say, 27 Feb. 2014
This had a lot of great reviews so it's probably just me but I found it a book full of words but nothing useful to actually say. Found the format annoying and it was very repetitive. If you want a book to help break bad eating habits I would highly recommend Mindful Eating by Jan Chosen Bays

Mindful Eating: A Guide to Rediscovering a Healthy and Joyful Relationship with Food

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent, 27 Feb. 2014
Excellent thought provoking book, certainly changed the way I view food and made me just stop and think before stuffing my face. Made me listen to my body and realise that I didn't actually need anything to eat. Well recommended.

Clean It Multicolour Stripes Microfibre Self Cleaning Sock Cover Pouch Case Suitable for Apple iPhone 5
Offered by Glitzy Gizmos

5.0 out of 5 stars great value BUT!, 6 May 2013
I've given this 5 stars because the produce itself cannot be faulted it is good quality and lovelly to feel.Its well padded and protects my phone perfectly when its kicking around in my bag. However I have a Galaxy S2 and I have to say that this sock is a bit to small for it. It's quite a struggle to get it in and out sometimes, infact the only time I have actually droped my phone on the floor was whilst trying to put it back in the sock, but for service and quality no probs

Ghost Road Blues (A Pine Deep Novel)
Ghost Road Blues (A Pine Deep Novel)

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant, 18 Nov. 2012
I'm a huge John Connolly fan so when I saw that he had recommended Jonathan Maberry as an author I thought I would give him a go, I haven't been disappointed. The Pine Deep Trilogy has kept me on the edge of my seat from the very first chapter. You need to read them in order to enjoy the story completely. This was the first book I downloaded onto my new kindle and the minute I had read the last page I was downloading the next book. I'm generally not a fan of horrors as such but this is done in such a way that the supernatural side of the story kinda creeps up on you and before you know it you're completely sucked in.

Page: 1 | 2