Profile for Catherine Davison > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Pack of 2 : OCTAVE® Ladies Long Thermal Wellington Socks - Grey/Black
Pack of 2 : OCTAVE® Ladies Long Thermal Wellington Socks - Grey/Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good value, 21 Oct. 2013
Arrived in 2 days - they are ideal to wear with any boots. Very warm and nice and soft. Very good value for money especially if you but multiple packs at once.

Dr. Marten's 2976 Original, Unisex-Adults' Boots, Black, 5 UK
Dr. Marten's 2976 Original, Unisex-Adults' Boots, Black, 5 UK
Offered by TOWER London

4.0 out of 5 stars Not quite the same as they were 10 years ago?, 21 Oct. 2013
I used to live in these boots when I was a student - wear them with jeans, leggings etc. However this pair look somewhat shorter in the overall height than they used to be (the tongues look shorter). Not sure if this is really the case or if they need wearing in - the folds tend to shape to your own individual feet over time. They are immediately comfortable with no rubbing. Agree that they come up a little larger than other footwear - though I am a UK 5 and ordered a UK 5 and they are absolutely fine as they are most comfortable with thicker socks. These are an excellent boot to wear on the journey to work and at work itself as they look smart.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars I've been wearing these for years, 21 Oct. 2013
My first pair of these I bought in America over ten years ago - eventually the sole wore through and I replaced with these - they are absolutely identical to the ones I bought 10 years ago in every respect. Extremely comfortable everyday trainer. But pricey - always try to get them in a sale if you can. They arrived within 3 days in the original Converse packaging with an outer amazon covering. All in all I am very pleased with the product.

Premium Range Replacement Medium Earbuds Tips Buds For Sennheiser CX SERIES Earphones 100% FITS (10 Pack Medium)
Offered by PENCILUPNOSE

5.0 out of 5 stars Ideal for cx series sennheiser headphones, 4 Oct. 2013
The product is exactly as it describes and fits my CX 150s perfectly. They came in very simple envelope with an inner clear plastic sealed bag which was basic but quite frankly I ordered 10 rubbery earbud tips, not a load of additional wrapping! They also arrived in 2 days and are very good value.

Sirens of the Sea
Sirens of the Sea

4.0 out of 5 stars Some good tracks but certainly not disappointing, 25 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Sirens of the Sea (Audio CD)
Tracks 2,5,6,7,11,13 are worth buying the album for. The rest I have yet to warm to. It's a bit of a mix and if you like good tunes and want to feel something you'll like the tracks I've recommended. That's if you want something that moves you. I find the others a bit mainstream (boring?). There is an abolute 'gem' on here called 'Secret' - the intro is pretty mediocre but the track develops greatly so this is one to keep listening to and get to the end and enjoy. Track 11. Go with it and crank it up nice and loud. Will I tell you a secret?

StrengthsFinder 2.0: A New and Upgraded Edition of the Online Test from Gallup's Now Discover Your Strengths
by Tom Rath

3.0 out of 5 stars Intersting insight with limitations, 28 Aug. 2013
This product consists of a book with some background information and descriptions of all the various strengths, as well as a unique link to a website where you take a 'test' of about 100 paired statements. You then get a personalised report of the results and how you might look to use them. The test involves strongly agreeing or disagreeing with two statements on each end of a scale where you rate whether you lean more towards one statement than the other. I found it very difficult to answer some of the questions as occasionally I agreed completely (or disagreed completely) with both statements though had to 'sit on the fence' in order to feel equally about each which I think must have affected the results.

Like all these things (Myers Briggs, Insights etc) there are always limitations due to the way you take the test, interpret the results and so on. The test tells you your top 5 strengths but it's easy to interpret this wrongly by assuming that you don't have certain other strengths which some people could find misleading. What's also missing is some guidance on what actually to do with the results particularly if you want to use it for working in teams or in collaboration with others in the work place. I spent some considerable time trying to work out what conclusions I could draw from this and designing a follow up session to try and make something out of my team's combined results, but still am not convinced I've really achieved that. All that said, the test is quite enjoyable (even if I didn't understand some of the 'Americanisms' used in some of the wording) and I suppose is a good tool for companies to reassure staff that they actually are interested in developing them. Very importantly, you must buy the book new otherwise you will not get your unique code to get onto the website and take the test.

Sterling Silver 2mm Tube Candy Striped Hoop Earrings, 1" (25mm)
Sterling Silver 2mm Tube Candy Striped Hoop Earrings, 1" (25mm)
Offered by Revoni

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly robust, 28 Aug. 2013
Probably the best pair of earrings I've ever bought, I've been wearing these every day for over a year (I've normally lost one by now!) The fasteners are very robust and the hoops are rigid (you cannot bend or twist them) but very light weight. They are the perfect size to wear with a second slightly smaller set if you have two holes, being about an inch across. They also have a very tasteful spiral pattern on them. Couldn't be happier.

Fifty Shades Freed: 3/3
Fifty Shades Freed: 3/3

3.0 out of 5 stars Least favourite of the Fifty Shades trilogy, 28 Aug. 2013
My least favourite of the Fifty Shades trilogy - it almost becomes predictable as to what's going to happen next. I wasn't very inspired by the story line and got quite fed up with Anastasia by the end. That said, I would buy all three as it is a complete set in it's own right and I don't think just reading the first one really tells you the whole story. Interestingly it was these books that seem to have sparked a whole new sub-genre of what was previously branded as 'romantic' fiction. Check out Sylvia Day, Jamie McGuire and S C Stephens if you want some similar reads though I think all of these authors are a far smoother read than the E L James books.

Fifty Shades Darker: 2/3
Fifty Shades Darker: 2/3

4.0 out of 5 stars A very good second novel, 28 Aug. 2013
This is the second in the Fifty Shades trilogy and I think in terms of writing style is much better written that the first book. The story line is more interesting than just dwelling on their relationship - there is a lot more action going on which draws you in. If you've read the first then I'd read this one for sure.

Fifty Shades of Grey
Fifty Shades of Grey

4.0 out of 5 stars A good read at the time, 28 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Fifty Shades of Grey (Paperback)
When I first read this I couldn't put it down. I've since re-read it and now have no real desire to read it again. Some of the text in this doesn't flow very well at all and makes it hard going in places. Also the 'inner goddess' and 'subconscious' rearing their heads do start to get really annoying after a while. Whilst the subject matter may be out of some people's depth it is not really that graphic or shocking so is within most people's range of imagination I would think.

I've now moved on to other novels such as Jamie McGuire's 'Beautiful Disaster' and 'Walking Disaster' which are absolutely fantastically written compared with the Fifty Shades trilogy. I would still give Fifty Shades of Grey 4 stars as the fact that I wanted to read it again means that it couldn't have been that bad. I would though buy all of them as the second one I found was probably the best as it flows a bit better then the first. The last one was probably my least favourite as Anastasia became bordering on annoying by the end of it all.

Page: 1 | 2