Profile for D. Harmon > Reviews

Content by D. Harmon

D. Harmon (Wales U.K.)

The Fabulous Style Of The Everley Brothers
The Fabulous Style Of The Everley Brothers

2.0 out of 5 stars Only buy if you are Nostalgic about the original Vinyl LP, 28 Feb. 2014
Only buy this cd if you are Nostalgic about the original Vinyl LP. The sound quality is very poor if you listen to this cd on headphones the start and end of each track highlights the poor quality of this cd. It sounds just like listening to the 50 + year old LP. The sound quality should have been so much better. But as i write this i am listening to this CD as it has a Nostalgic value.

Stage Struck (Live & Remastered)
Stage Struck (Live & Remastered)

5.0 out of 5 stars Finnaly the correct version of this ablum is released on CD complete with the original bonus track Helcat (live), 16 Sept. 2013
I had this album for my 8th Birthday in 1981, i have always loved this ablum. I still have my vinyl version my 8th Birthday present . When i chose it they played track 1 'Shin Kicker' in the shop real loud WOW! I bought the year 2000 version, i found it was too basey, and where was Helcat the free single that came with the album. So now at 40 i have the original version remastered, complete with Helcat. Great album! I have enjoyed the fact that many of his albums are being remastered, it has given me the chance to buy them again.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 14, 2014 6:53 PM GMT

Tapestry
Tapestry

3.0 out of 5 stars Very Poor Remaster, 19 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Tapestry (Audio CD)
The album it-self I do like very much obviously you have to like this type of music, other reviews will show this is known as a great album, and I agree.

The quality of the re-master is very poor, this sounds like a very well used cassette has been copied on-to this disc, the sound is so flat. I have checked the versions that you can download, in case it is just my copy but they all sound dull and flat.

This album is desperately in need of a decent re-master, when it gets one I will purchase it again, luckily software packages can modify the sound and boost the treble.

When the quality of this remaster is compared with other classic albums of 1960's and early 1970's albums, this remaster is very poor. Listen to a sample of the album by checking the down load page.

If the sound quality was improved, this CD would get 5 stars.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 14, 2016 9:22 PM BST

Philips SHQ3000/10 Washable Sports Headphones with Anti-Bacterial Agent
Philips SHQ3000/10 Washable Sports Headphones with Anti-Bacterial Agent
Offered by Megga Distribution

1.0 out of 5 stars Waste Of Money, 1 July 2011
Having previously owned Philips in ear headphones, I thought these would be just as good. The Problem is that if you are a member of the Human Race these will not fit your ears. I cannot believe that these were even made. What were Philips thinking of?????? I have wasted £20 pounds on these, do not buy this product.

Nokia 2730 Sim Free Mobile Phone - Black/Silver
Nokia 2730 Sim Free Mobile Phone - Black/Silver

1.0 out of 5 stars Do Not Buy This Phone, 3 Aug. 2010
Had this phone since May 2010 3 months now. The battery will only last for 24 hrs then it is flat, even on standby. I have had a replacement still the same. I am going back to my old 3510 after 6 years it still lasts 5 days

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Echo Machine, 18 July 2009
This is a bit difficult to set up, and there is background noise with this plugged in. One you are playing it gives me the great sound i am after to play the shadows lead, i won't play without it.

The Italian Job - 40th Anniversary Edition [Blu-ray] [1969]
The Italian Job - 40th Anniversary Edition [Blu-ray] [1969]
Dvd ~ Michael Caine

3.0 out of 5 stars Blu Ray Review, 18 July 2009
We have all seen this film and love it. I have had the new film for a few years but have not watched it, because it can't be as good.

The reason i have given this only three stars is because, and i don't know why this is done, but the sound is too damm! quiet.

I am playing it on my brand new Sony player, and my new sony T.V. via HDMI, but the sound has to be turned upto 85%, Blu ray Zulu, Shawshank, L.A. confidential, can all be played at 35%. Such a shame as the picture quality is absolutely perfect, the Alps scences are so good i am almost there, so good for a fourty year old film, but lets have some sound.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 20, 2013 5:19 PM GMT