Profile for M J CORIN > Reviews

Content by M J CORIN

M J CORIN

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
The End of Winter:  Suspense Thriller - Do you ever really know the one you love?
The End of Winter: Suspense Thriller - Do you ever really know the one you love?

4.0 out of 5 stars A good read, 5 Jan. 2014
I like his style of writing and I enjoyed the experience. I would recommend this book to anyone who likes an above average crime story.

The Kerracher Man (Non-Fiction)
The Kerracher Man (Non-Fiction)

5.0 out of 5 stars A book of character, 1 Jan. 2014
I love reading of people's strength and resilience in the face of such adversity. The courage and ingenuity they showed was truly inspirational. Well written too.

The Love of My Life: A heartbreaking story of love, loss and family
The Love of My Life: A heartbreaking story of love, loss and family

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautifully written, 21 Dec. 2013
I loved this book, it had me hooked from the first page. Her writing is poignant and well crafted. Louise Douglas is in my opinion an excellent writer and I look forward to reading more of her work.

Paw Tracks in the Moonlight
Paw Tracks in the Moonlight

5.0 out of 5 stars Enchanting, 14 Dec. 2013
A delightful story, I was so touched by the love between them. My only criticism is that reading it on the Kindle you can't see some of the pictures at the end - why did they put them on landscape rather than portrait?!

When You Walked Back into My Life
When You Walked Back into My Life

5.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable read, 8 Dec. 2013
Easy reading at its best. I liked the characters, they were entirely believable. The title of course sets the scene - could it work again, could old and new wounds heal? Wait and see.

Wildflower Hill
Wildflower Hill

5.0 out of 5 stars A lovely book, 3 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Wildflower Hill (Kindle Edition)
I loved this book. I wept for Beattie and her lost loves and rejoiced in her spirit and determination and courage. I think it beautifully written with insight and compassion.

Only by the Night
Only by the Night
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 16 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Only by the Night (Audio CD)
By far my most favourite of their CD's, I love every track. I just can't fault it in any way.

Wild: A Journey from Lost to Found
Wild: A Journey from Lost to Found

5.0 out of 5 stars Read this book, 30 Oct. 2013
This is an amazing book. Her journey, both physical and emotional, made compelling reading. I wept with her and for her and walked that arduous, tortuous trail with her. It saddened me and uplifted me and inspired me. Wonderful.

Coming Clean: A Memoir
Coming Clean: A Memoir

5.0 out of 5 stars Compulsive read, 1 Oct. 2013
Couldn't put this book down. I was totally engrossed in her world - amazed at all the love there was in it, something I didn't expect at all. I know now not to judge hoarders so harshly, they are people with problems - a mental illness with no easy fix. A beautifully written book, with no self pity but patience and humour.

The Bad Mother
The Bad Mother

3.0 out of 5 stars Which bad mother?, 30 Sept. 2013
This review is from: The Bad Mother (Kindle Edition)
This is the first Isabelle Grey novel I have read, but I didn't find as much depth to her characters as I would have liked given the life-changing news they discovered. However I think she tried to show each family members reaction to it and other complex emotional issues quite well. I would like to read more of her work.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3