Profile for Sheumais > Reviews

Content by Sheumais

Sheumais (Dundee, Scotland)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Digital negative/postive film scanner with 1800/3600DPI high resolution USB 35mm 135 Slide and Photo Film Scanner

1.0 out of 5 stars Incompatible, therefore useless., 25 Sept. 2017
The scanner requires software to be loaded onto your pc to work and the software provided is not compatible with Windows 10. No update is available and the publishing company's website is listed as a security threat, so I am returning this item for a refund as it is completely useless.

ThinOptics Universal Pod and +2.00 Reading Glasses Case Black with Clear Frame
ThinOptics Universal Pod and +2.00 Reading Glasses Case Black with Clear Frame
Offered by ThinOPTICSDirectEU

4.0 out of 5 stars Slightly uncomfortable, but very useful, 21 Aug. 2017
They do what they say they'll do, attach to your phone case and allow you to carry your reading glasses about where ever you take your phone. They're not going to attract admiring glances and they're not a long term solution, but I find them very useful for shopping or reading menus etc. If they were slightly more comfortable (maybe it's just my nose), I'd give them 5 stars.

Buffalo MiniStation Safe HD-PNF1.0U3BR-EU 1TB USB 3.0 2.5 inch External Hard Drive - Red

5.0 out of 5 stars Very happy with it, 21 Aug. 2017
I'm very happy with this very light, pocket-sized hard drive, which so far has done everything I've asked of it.

Set up is easy, though I've chosen not to use the offered encryption as I have other options in that regard. It performs back-ups easily and swiftly via a USB 3.0, but works well on a 2.0 also. I haven't had it long enough to comment on its extended life, but thought enough of it to buy one for a friend, so that's as high a recommendation as I can offer.

The Scarlet Thief (Jack Lark)
The Scarlet Thief (Jack Lark)
by Paul Fraser Collard

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointingly Weak, 21 Aug. 2017
Having devoured the excellent Simon Fonthill series, by John Wilcox, I went in search of a new series of novels covering an era of history I don't know in any great detail. Unfortunately this thin effort, with an unlikeable central character, merely offered a series of implausible incidents to establish the core of the novels to follow.

It was more than challenging to accept Lark's ability to assume the identity he did in this book, his interaction with other characters was inconsistently presented, with little effort made by the author to justify Lark's attitude to them, and the villain of the piece was cliched and unimaginative. The detail of any fight or battle was described with some relish, which merely highlighted the lack of depth elsewhere. If you find the campaign Lark became involved in of sufficient interest, you might find enjoyment from that alone, but the reliance of this and future novels on Lark himself is too weak and shallow a foundation for me.

I can't recommend this novel and will not be following the military career or assumed persona of Jack Lark any further.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars The activation code was e-mailed within a few hours, ..., 17 May 2017
The activation code was e-mailed within a few hours, I applied it and the upgrade went through without any problem. I now have access to Bit Locker encryption, which was the primary reason for the upgrade.

iCreat Mens Cycling Jacket Windproof Breathable Lightweight High Visibility Warm Thermal Long Sleeve Jacket MTB Mountain Bike Jacket Green, EU SIZE XXL
Offered by iCREAT

4.0 out of 5 stars Snug Fit, 17 Nov. 2016
Just arrived from Hong Kong, 5 weeks after ordering it. It is a size smaller, as I ordered XXL and it fits well. I can't testify to it's weatherproofing yet, but it appears well enough made and reasonably substantial for the price, but it is best to be aware of the sizing (and the time it takes for delivery).

Neptune Speaker Docking Station Bluetooth Alarm Clock FM Radio Lightning Dock for iPhone 5 5S 5C 6 6+ 6S 7 7+ iPad Air Mini iPod (White)
Offered by iZilla

4.0 out of 5 stars Sound enough, plus a little bit more, 9 Nov. 2016
It's fairly easy to set up, the sound quality is fine and the clock illumination is not intrusive on the dimmed setting. I've yet to find if I can set the volume for the alarm linked to my iPod lower without grabbing for the remote, as it gets quite loud shortly after coming on and that's not a peaceful start to the day. That's why it's lost a star, that and the reluctance of the battery casing on the underside (for retaining settings when unplugged) to open, meaning the soft plastic was damaged by the various coins I tried to get it to budge. All in all, it does what I need it to, which is wake me up when I want with my choice of music, just a little too loudly.

The Establishment: And how they get away with it
The Establishment: And how they get away with it
by Owen Jones

1.0 out of 5 stars Owen Jones, how does he get away with it?, 4 Sept. 2014
Owen Jones is a voice to be ignored, as are those of all his pals who posted 5 star reviews of his book on the date it is published. I've read his work because people keep drawing attention to him. That attention is never warranted.
Comment Comments (11) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 4, 2015 5:55 PM GMT

Fruit Of The Loom Men's SS021M T-Shirt, White-White, X-Large
Fruit Of The Loom Men's SS021M T-Shirt, White-White, X-Large
Offered by TEAM SOUTH WEST Ltd.

2.0 out of 5 stars Yes it's cheap, but it feels it, 29 Nov. 2013
I just wanted a plain, white t-shirt, so, for the price, I thought this was worth a go. It wasn't. It's rough cotton, far too short for me to wear comfortably (or decently) and doesn't come close to quality of the similarly priced Slazenger t-shirts also available through Amazon. I wouldn't recommend these and won't be buying any more.

11.22.63
11.22.63
by Stephen King

5.0 out of 5 stars I thought Stepehen King had lost his touch, but I was wrong., 28 Jun. 2013
This review is from: 11.22.63 (Hardcover)
You can pick holes in any novel if you are determined to, but this is an excellent story, with none of the horror King is assumed to always write. Some of King's novels written around the time this one was have been disappointing and not particularly engaging, but I found myself immersed in the world he describes in this book, enjoying the well-defined locations and characters and the clear contrast of one environment with another. There has to be an element of reality being stretched to create the premise, but it's not too intrusive and I heartily recommend to anyone they should read this book in the hope they will enjoy it as much as I did.

It is no secret this book is about the assassination of JFK and that time travel provides an opportunity to prevent that assassination, but the world the time traveller finds himself in is not a constant and he cannot know the consequences of his actions. He will have a long time to think about what he should do and what he has done, but it's not just human nature he has to contend with.

If you need a full night's sleep, don't think you'll just read a few pages before turning in, you will struggle to put this one down.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3