Profile for A. M. Beattie > Reviews

Mr Golightly's Holiday
Mr Golightly's Holiday
by Salley Vickers

4.0 out of 5 stars Mr Golightly's Holiday - review, 22 Mar. 2010
This review is from: Mr Golightly's Holiday (Paperback)
I didn't guess. Not at all. Even I who consider myself well-read and more than averagely sensitive to cultural references. And yet when I re-read it, as you inevitably must, it was all perfectly obvious. I thoroughly enjoyed it as the best sort of literary game (especially identifying the quotations!) and it provoked lively and positive discussion at our book group. A worthwhile and rewarding read, even if you will kick yourself for not getting it the first time.

Alice Collins Brown Merino Wool Cardigan-16
Alice Collins Brown Merino Wool Cardigan-16

2.0 out of 5 stars Alice Collins brown merino wool cardigan, 4 Jan. 2010
The cardigan itself was lovely, delivered on time and the right size. The only problem was the missing button. I hadn't taken it from its plastic bag before wrapping it to give to my sister as her Christmas present, so when she unwrapped it and found it with a button missing, it was very embarrassing. There were 2 spare buttons included, so it was not an unmitigated disaster, but most regrettable all the same.

Page: 1 | 2