Profile for jax > Reviews

Content by jax

jax "j_bookworm"
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Driving Test Success All Tests 2015 Edition (PC DVD)
Driving Test Success All Tests 2015 Edition (PC DVD)
Offered by AMSLTD

4.0 out of 5 stars to be fair, there's not a lot that i ..., 16 Dec. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
to be fair, there's not a lot that i can say about this product. it's the Ronseal of educational dvds! it does exactly what it says on the cover. covers all bases, all details and, fingers crossed, i'll pass my test....finally!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 22, 2014 9:21 AM GMT

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars This is my very first foray into eye creams as ..., 5 Oct. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is my very first foray into eye creams as I used to be one of the young ones before... now in my old age i need additional help to get the puffy bags under my eyes, less puffy and less baggy and Karin Herzog seems to be doing the trick. Morning and night I gently dab a bit and i feel brighter eyed and not as baggy. Given that people have actually noticed a difference, I would say it's definitely worth it!!

We Are All Completely Beside Ourselves
We Are All Completely Beside Ourselves
by Karen Joy Fowler

2.0 out of 5 stars the purely logical and scientific side of mind thinks that this is a brilliant premise with the concept of the "secret" that I ., 31 Aug. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have starred it with 2 stars because... I really don't know what to think. On the one hand, the purely logical and scientific side of mind thinks that this is a brilliant premise with the concept of the "secret" that I cannot talk about without giving away the whole story. However, my humanistic, emotionally intelligent side is horrified that the parents would use their own child as part of an experiment... and that is all I can say about that. Maybe the horror has held me back form being objective and maybe I am appalled at my consideration of how this would have panned out had they continued but either way, this is disturbing.

And maybe I should read this again, in a better frame of mind and re-review it....

The Virgins
The Virgins
by Pamela Erens

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing. This is a book that is worth the ..., 31 Aug. 2014
This review is from: The Virgins (Hardcover)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Sensual. Erotic. Dark. Haunting. Touching. Frustrating. Amazing. This is a book that is worth the accolades from those in far higher literary echelons. Touches of the raw sexual erotic confusion of youth (it occasionally reminded me of Irving's Hotel New Hampshire), it also had touches of Tartt at her best (The Secret History) but I could be deriving that because it is set on an academic campus. There were overtones of Eugenides but it is a treasure of read completely on it's own merit. Ms Erens, I salute you and I think you've won yourself a staunch new fan!

1.0 out of 5 stars definitely would not recommend this to anyone, 31 Aug. 2014
this was rubbish and did nothing to improve my plantar fasciitis. definitely would not recommend this to anyone.

3.0 out of 5 stars this is a good product for lazy coffee lovers, 31 Aug. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is my first foray into a coffee machine and the husband was thrilled that I got to try this out before buying one of those hardcore multi-functional rocket ship type machines that you need a PhD in coffee mechanics to use... and while it is simple and straightforward and does a mean cup of joe's, I am going to stay with my trusty little cafetiere if I want to be all high brow at home and buy my cappucinos and flat whites from the local cafe. And yes, I AM lazy and for that reason alone, this is a good product for lazy coffee lovers!

The Handbook of Market Intelligence
The Handbook of Market Intelligence
by Hans Hedin

4.0 out of 5 stars I don't know if hardcore marketeers would recommend this but as a newbie, 31 Aug. 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I am really new to the Marketing game having been an IT dork previously. This book has been a godsend with regards to trying to fit into the team and "coming up" (ok borrowing) some of the ideas and considerations from this. I don't know if hardcore marketeers would recommend this but as a newbie, I loved it!

Galt Toys Ambi Toys One Man Band
Galt Toys Ambi Toys One Man Band
Offered by 24/7 DIRECT

2.0 out of 5 stars Two Stars, 6 July 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
It's not popular with any of my friends' toddlers unfortunately... however it is being compared to ipads...!

Staedtler Karat 2420 C36 Oil Pastels - Assorted Colours (Pack of 36)
Staedtler Karat 2420 C36 Oil Pastels - Assorted Colours (Pack of 36)

5.0 out of 5 stars fun for me and the random toddlers and young children ..., 6 July 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
fabulous fabulous fabulous! fun for me and the random toddlers and young children who i get foisted with on a regular basis! yes :)

Be Careful What You Wish For (The Clifton Chronicles series Book 4)
Be Careful What You Wish For (The Clifton Chronicles series Book 4)

5.0 out of 5 stars so deliciously frustrating!, 29 April 2014
I am starting to have a love-hate relationship with the Chronicles. I eagerly await every new episode like a lovelorn waif and then when it's over all too soon (because I stay up all night riveted), I am frustrated that I have to wait again for the next in the series.

Like him or loathe him, Archer is a masterful storyteller and he does not disappoint. The survivor of the previous cliff hanger was as I suspected but, the sting in the tale was certainly unexpected with another death. I cannot say more for fear of ruining it for those who haven't read it yet (why?) and for those who are yet to appreciate the Chronicles to date (WHY?!) but suffice to say, it was a fantastic read.

Frustration barely contained waiting for the next one!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6