Profile for Parker's Pen > Reviews

Content by Parker's Pen

Parker's Pen (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
New World Oven Cooker Short Shaft Control Knob Switch (Silver)
New World Oven Cooker Short Shaft Control Knob Switch (Silver)
Offered by WowDiscounts

5.0 out of 5 stars Never go for the cheap option., 30 May 2017
I originally bought cheaper replacement knobs for our cooker, but they never fitted properly, so it was worthwhile buying the correct ones as we are selling the cooker, which is in our lodge.

KnitPro Symfonie Wood Straight Needles 25cm - Pair 3mm
KnitPro Symfonie Wood Straight Needles 25cm - Pair 3mm
Offered by Knit One Purl One

5.0 out of 5 stars Smooth needles, 29 Jun. 2016
I have the complete set of these needles bought in a case, but found a couple of them were 'rough' and caught on wool when knitting. As I did not test out all the needles immediately, it was too late to send them back, so I have been replacing the 'damaged' ones separately. I love knitting with them as when they are perfect, the yarn slides over them smoothly.

TRU VIRTU Wallet CASH & CARDS 2 - Purple Rain
TRU VIRTU Wallet CASH & CARDS 2 - Purple Rain

5.0 out of 5 stars A very useful wallet., 29 Feb. 2016
I have been using metal wallets for some time now, but this one is to use when I am out taking photographs as I can put it in my camera bag instead of a bulky purse. A compartment for coin, paper money and cards, what more could you want.

Snuggledown Front Sleeper Pillow (1)
Snuggledown Front Sleeper Pillow (1)

1.0 out of 5 stars No different to a normal pillow., 29 Feb. 2016
I have a lot of trouble sleeping and was recommended to use a 'front sleeper' pillow, but it does not seem different to any other pillow to me. It is supposed to have a 'tapered' edge, but if it has, I cannot find it!

The East End Butcher Boy
The East End Butcher Boy
by Joe E. Lawrence

5.0 out of 5 stars A must read for all E6ers., 29 Feb. 2016
Being from East Ham myself, and almost the same age as the author, I had to read this book, so took it on holiday and couldn't put it down. I knew all the places and could relate to everything he said. I ran the gamete of all the emotions whilst reading the book, ending with tears. It is written in a pacy fashion and grips you immediately, so much so that you just keep reading. My first Saturday job was organised by my mother with our 'insurance' man, so I know how Joe must have felt that very first Saturday! A great read that brought back so many memories from a time that was particularly sad for me. I will be looking out for the next book by Mr Lawrence.

The Second Best Exotic Marigold Hotel [DVD] [2015]
The Second Best Exotic Marigold Hotel [DVD] [2015]
Dvd ~ Maggie Smith

5.0 out of 5 stars As good as the first film., 21 Dec. 2015
Brilliant; equally as good as the first film.

My Old Lady [DVD] [2014]
My Old Lady [DVD] [2014]
Dvd ~ Maggie Smith

2.0 out of 5 stars Slow and predictable., 21 Dec. 2015
This review is from: My Old Lady [DVD] [2014] (DVD)
I love anything Maggie Smith appears in, but this is not one of my favourite films. I found it slow and the outcome was so obvious from the outset that it spoilt the film.

KnitPro 25 cm Symfonie Single Pointed Needles Set, Multi-Color
KnitPro 25 cm Symfonie Single Pointed Needles Set, Multi-Color

3.0 out of 5 stars Beware of 'catches'., 21 Dec. 2015
I am somewhat disappointed with the set of needles. I have wanted a full set of Knit Pro for some time, but three pairs have 'catches' on them and cannot be used. As I have had them for some time before using these and finding the fault, it was too late to send them back. It is very annoying as they are not cheap.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 23, 2016 4:42 PM GMT

No Title Available

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 21 Dec. 2015
I am a little disappointed with this replacement battery; it looks the same as the original, but even though I followed the instructions to the letter, it does not hold the charge for very long.

OCDCUK Remanufactured Compatible typewriter spool ribbon
OCDCUK Remanufactured Compatible typewriter spool ribbon
Offered by SBS CONSUMABLES

5.0 out of 5 stars My Granddaughter was given a really old manual typewriter to ..., 24 Aug. 2015
My Granddaughter was given a really old manual typewriter to play with, but it needed a new ribbon, so I ordered this one. I had to wind it onto the spools on the typewriter as they were not the same, but it has worked perfectly.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5