Profile for Mr. Paul Daniels > Reviews

Content by Mr. Paul Daniels

Mr. Paul Daniels "Vampire's assistant" (Australia)

The IT Crowd - Complete Series 1-4 [DVD] [2006]
The IT Crowd - Complete Series 1-4 [DVD] [2006]
Dvd ~ Noel Fielding

5.0 out of 5 stars Overdue for a review, 2 April 2012
The fact that it's been so long since I bought this relative to the review is due to the fact that I didn't bother to do much else other than watch these DVDs over and over and over and over :)

IT Crowd is a different sort of geek humour compared to "Big Bang Theory", more about the social clash and quirks, not so much about the in-house geek/physics/technical jokes (though there's a few of them of course), proof of it's ability to appeal is how quickly my wife was hooked, each episode finished with her staring at me demanding "MORE".

jQuery Pocket Reference
jQuery Pocket Reference
by David Flanagan

5.0 out of 5 stars Great pocket book, 2 April 2012
In the last decade and a bit I've purchased numerous pocket books - this jQuery one is perhaps the best to date. It's sufficiently well fleshed and organised that one can use it as a good spring board into the deeper aspects of jQuery. Gladly recommended.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars In the end, the final piece of the recover comes from you., 2 April 2012
(This package was purchased for me by a family member after I had endured ~6 weeks of being trapped in bed, too ill to do little more than go to the bathroom and sleep - this anxiety crash destroyed my business income)

October 2009 was perhaps the most dramatic time in my life, I went over the cliff, another person who finally cracked under the influence of chronic anxiety disorder, who's life will never be the same.

TLM isn't a medical tome, it's not a just-read-this-and-you're-cured book (and listen to the CDs), it's not high-English refined literature; it's the consolidation of one man's experience and what broke him through the walls that could not be assailed. What it did bring for me is comfort and a hint that life can be turned around. Just reading Charles' own story put a smile on my face and even made me laugh when I realised so many of his own fears were the very things that I was battling.

There are not a lot of things to remember with this programme, and yes it does have some parallels with other methods, but sometimes it's the way in which it is presented that creates the right resonance to give you the strength to take those crucial steps, for me, that was this case here.

I am not fully cured, but that is not the fault of this programme, the fault lies with myself, because I know I don't stick with the routine well enough, a bad habit I've had all my life ( It does work well when I do stick to the routine, I have proven this plenty of times to myself ). I had hoped for a few more hints/tips and there was a feeling of some small repetition of the content. I would have liked a couple more hypnosis audio tracks at the time.

This is not a take-once magic-pill book/audio system and it's not presented as such (in my view), it's a distilled set of guidelines derived from real life experience that do make sense. If followed these guidelines will quite likely improve your life - but you have to keep at it, like all good habits.