Profile for Dr. S. G. Wilson > Reviews

Content by Dr. S. G. Wilson

Dr. S. G. Wilson "stephen wilson" (UK)

The Opera Libretto Library: The Authentic Texts of the German, French, and Italian Operas With Music of the Principal Airs, With the Complete English
by Crown Publishers

3.0 out of 5 stars wirth the money, 2 Feb. 2013
a good selection of operas. I have had great difficulty finding the librettos other than paying another £7-8 each time. The only problem is that the font is rather small and obviously the book is thick. Overall very glad that I bought it.

Kitchen Craft Deluxe Stainless Steel 18cm Round Bowl
Kitchen Craft Deluxe Stainless Steel 18cm Round Bowl

5.0 out of 5 stars just perfect for the job., 2 Feb. 2013
lightweight, deep but still emough space to get my hand beater in place. Wish I had these 10 years ago.

The Human Brain Coloring Book (Coloring Concepts Series)
The Human Brain Coloring Book (Coloring Concepts Series)
by Marian C. Diamond

5.0 out of 5 stars Consultant neurologist, 2 Aug. 2012
I was appointed as a Consultant Neurologist at a London teaching hospital in 1982 and I bought this book looking for some aids to teaching neuro anatomy. I can only say that this is the best book that I have found in over 30 years as a Consultant Neurologist in teaching medical students neuro anatomy.

Most medical students end up with knowing only that one side of the brain supplies the other side of the body. Goodness knows how one reviewer said that his grand daughter found it interesting to colour in.( perhaps she is now a famous consultant neurosurgeon or neurologist).

I appreciate that not everyone enjoys 'colouring in' , but even if you do not, can I say that if every one of my medical students understood, and remembered what is in this book they would have a wonderful grasp of how the nervous system is organised.

I have recommended it to every generation of medical students that I have taught, and know how much time and expertise have gone into it's preparation. It is a wonderful resource to any medical student, and I am still referring to the diagrams so many years later.

I would strongly recommend it to any medical student, even if you are not prepared to do the colouring in. If you are prepared to do the colouring in you would benefit greatly. If you knew what was in this book you would be firmly set on your path to become a consultant neurologist.

A wonderful resource.

Aids to the Examination of the Peripheral Nervous System (Neurology)
Aids to the Examination of the Peripheral Nervous System (Neurology)
by Brain

5.0 out of 5 stars a 'must buy', 1 May 2007
I bought my first copy of this when a neurology SHO, and carried it around with me till after 25 years it fell to pieces. I now have a new copy, and it is the only neurological text that I always carry around in my case with me. It is useful for teaching medical students, or junior doctors, and an all round indispensible resource.

Dr Stephen Wilson