Profile for maddie101 > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Ready Player One
Ready Player One

5.0 out of 5 stars Not what I expected, 22 July 2016
This review is from: Ready Player One (Kindle Edition)
This book really was the best book I've read this year. I'm not a gamer, I don't play any computer games, but the story grabbed me from the very beginning. You don't have to be into online gaming to enjoy this book, it's the characters and writing style that had me hooked. I'm so glad I bought it.

What Alice Forgot
What Alice Forgot

5.0 out of 5 stars I enjoyed the inner dialogue Alice kept having with herself and ..., 6 Aug. 2014
This review is from: What Alice Forgot (Kindle Edition)
This book is so well written from start to finish, much easier to read than My Husbands Secret. I enjoyed the inner dialogue Alice kept having with herself and the diary entry and blog style of writing from the sister and the grandmother. Highly recommended, did not want to put the book down.

Allegiant (Divergent, Book 3) (Divergent Trilogy)
Allegiant (Divergent, Book 3) (Divergent Trilogy)

2.0 out of 5 stars Why oh why????, 27 Jan. 2014
After reading and thoroughly enjoying books 1 & 2, i was eager to finish the trilogy. It was such a let down, it really did feel as if someone else wrote this one as the writing was childish and disjointed. The strong character of Tobias was turned into a weak minded unlikeable character and Tris was just boring. Yes we find out what was behind the fence, and boy was that a shocker, i really wasn't expecting that one! Then all the characters just seem to forget about all their friends and family left behind and its like the elephant in the room, why wasn't it mentioned? Now to the ending, very very disappointing, i love reading and since this is a trilogy i had no choice but buy it, and now i feel sad for reading it. Such a shame it had to end the way it did, i truly believed it wasn't real and the end would be happy.

Haba Doll Florentine
Haba Doll Florentine
Offered by H&R STORE Robbys Spielewelt

5.0 out of 5 stars Utterly gorgeous!!, 1 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Haba Doll Florentine (Toy)
What an awesome doll, my daughter just loves her, I am so pleased I bought and got it sent overseas.

The Racketeer
The Racketeer

4.0 out of 5 stars Got a bit cnfused in the middle, but a great read all the same., 1 Jan. 2014
This review is from: The Racketeer (Kindle Edition)
Thoroughly enjoyed this book, it started extremely well and I was hooked into the main characters background story immediately. Somewhere in the middle of the book I either skimmed over an important section or I was supposed to assume something, and I was left very confused until I reached the 80% mark. It was a great book, great twists and turns and an ending that matched the pace.

Inferno: (Robert Langdon Book 4)
Inferno: (Robert Langdon Book 4)

4.0 out of 5 stars A bit slow at the beginning, 2 Nov. 2013
Almost gave up on this book, very differently written than his previous books (unless it's just I've been used to reading others). The beginning for me was terrible, but once I got through the first part, it was enjoyable. Not the best book I've ever read, the ending kept me guessing, fast paced enough to keep me gripped, however it seemed a bit too far fetched as to e reasons behind the plot!

Dead Man's Time (Roy Grace series Book 9)
Dead Man's Time (Roy Grace series Book 9)

5.0 out of 5 stars Thank goodness for Roy Grace, 2 Nov. 2013
Again another great book from Peter James, only this one is better than the last. The characters are believable and we don't have to keep going over his past with Sandy, hopefully he's closed that chapter! A real page turner, loved every word and kept my attention throughout.

The Husband's Secret
The Husband's Secret

4.0 out of 5 stars Stick with it!, 2 Nov. 2013
I loved this book, full of humour and sadness that made me really want the best for the characters. My only niggle is that the first few chapters are not that great, I got a bit lost and couldn't really understand where the book was going. I almost gave up on it, but after the fifth or so chapter it was great. Highly recommend, a bit sad I've finished it.

The Lucky One
The Lucky One

4.0 out of 5 stars A nice light read,, 15 July 2013
This review is from: The Lucky One (Kindle Edition)
This was a book I read in between the usual thrillers and crime books I read. I've read Nicholas Sparks before and mostly enjoy the stories as light hearted feel good books. This one was very descriptive, we get to know each character well, and I suppose a little predictable, but hey, that's ok.

The Host
The Host

4.0 out of 5 stars A really good read., 10 April 2013
This review is from: The Host (Kindle Edition)
I am currently 60% through this book. It is very descriptive and has managed to captivate and hold my attention despite the fact not much has happened in terms of story progression. The characters are strong and their background stories are interesting. I am looking forward to finding out how the rest of the book goes, something must happen and I can't wait to see how Melanie and Wanda end up.

Page: 1 | 2