Profile for Alex > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Shoe String - Wax Lace 60cm- 120cm
Shoe String - Wax Lace 60cm- 120cm
Price: £0.02 - £3.69

2.0 out of 5 stars Shoe String - Wax Lace 60cm- 120cm (90cm was my selection from TZ Laces seller), 8 Mar. 2014
Ordered 90 cm from TZ Laces, Size was good, but not waxed enough, bad quality, not happy at all.
they not standing any near to my old clarks waxed laces which were perfect.
maybe i wasnt lucky, or maybe its only this particular size.. but I wont order from TZ Laces again based on this purchase.
will try other sellers, thankfully every seller is often selling different thing.

Ordered different type of laces from Big Laces before, maybe I was lucky, quality was really good, but too thick (i wasn't sure what thickness i needed anyway).

if anybody got good quality waxed laces (90-100cm , 2-3mm) from any of these other sellers, please let me know :) I'll try them.

Venitex Fuji2 Safety Glasses Specs Ideal Eyewear for Cycling MTB
Venitex Fuji2 Safety Glasses Specs Ideal Eyewear for Cycling MTB
Offered by Activewear_Clothing_Online

3.0 out of 5 stars they might be good for a price, but dont expect miracles, just the glasses.., 28 Sept. 2013
I was looking for glasses that would be good in the dark and good in the sunny day..
in september I am using them as intended, they ok in the dark and they ok in the sun :)
but..
in the dark they still a bit tinted.. so you dont see better, a little bit worse I would say. but no problems for me.. they almost as good as transparent regular glasses.
in the sun.. they are still worse than black tinted.. if you would have to ride against the direct sunlight, you would struggle, or at least I WOULD struggle. in september the direct sunlight is only about 5 in the evening.. and I dont cycle at this time of day.. so they serve me well.
I would say all the lights around are slightly brighter with them.. but same time they save you from sun better than if wearing nothing or plain regular glasses.
so they not ideal for night, they not ideal for sun, but they are ok :) I am wearing them at night and day, because I dont like to change glasses all the time.. I used to use the glasses when you need to change lenses, and its not fun. I used to use 2 pairs of glasses for night and day.. 1 pair for all conditions is much more comfortable. and they serve the purpose, but dont expect miracles, they just pair of glasses..
-1 star because they dont fit my head well.. I have quite big holes for anything to hit me on the ride.. and I feel the wind blowing my eyes.. its not great feeling.. specially when winter comes, but I prefer it instead of changing lenses anyway. my head rather small.. or narrow.. and these ones maybe standard size which would fit majority heads but not mine.

so next buy I'm going to try indian sunglasses.. will try to find the adjustable ones to avoid all listed above problems..

MAYBE they same quality as 30-50 pounds glasses, MAYBE, im not saying they are bad.. but Im not person to buy 30 pound glasses for their brand.. so I'm rather disappointed in these ones, they nothing special.. as reviews may let you think.

Shimano 2300 FC2303E220 Triple Chainset , 175mm
Shimano 2300 FC2303E220 Triple Chainset , 175mm

5.0 out of 5 stars its not what is on picture, but it is what says description/title as far as i remember, 28 Sept. 2013
it was a chainset with 3 chainrings, one is 52.. the rest I dont remember, but it is exactly as shimano describes.
175 mm arm.
was no problems to fit, came in full packaging.. brand new.. straight and even...
2 months everyday commuting, no problems.

Portable Shoe Dryer Boot Dryer Disinfectant Warmer
Portable Shoe Dryer Boot Dryer Disinfectant Warmer
Offered by Headphone Centre Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars it works.. and it does the job.. seems to be :), 28 Sept. 2013
I tried it for some hours.. it done the job.. and not broken..
so all in all happy.

-1 star because its not time tested.. may change my review later if I find it vital enough.

Draper 03269 Ratchet Screwdriver and Bit Set (13 Pieces)
Draper 03269 Ratchet Screwdriver and Bit Set (13 Pieces)
Offered by Bamford Trading

4.0 out of 5 stars nice, 28 Sept. 2013
its good make, its as described..

-1 star because my girlfriend said it is too big, and it's exactly why I bought it, so she could you it when tiny diy is required somewhere..
all my tools are dirty-sh.

so well.. its nice thing.. not great due size :)

2 Pcs Bike Bicycle Cycling Wheel Spoke Tire Wire Tyre Bright Red LED Light Lamp
2 Pcs Bike Bicycle Cycling Wheel Spoke Tire Wire Tyre Bright Red LED Light Lamp
Offered by Trend Mall

5.0 out of 5 stars for the price, you can not get better, 28 Sept. 2013
they arrived within reasonable time
they cost around 1 pound each..
they better quality than in a pound shop..
they came with fully charged batteries..
they really bright..

value for money, they do the job.
to compare
I had 1 of SIMILAR ones, which costed me 7 pounds, and after less than 1 year, it gave up, it stops working if you shake it and there was only 1 of them for 7 pounds.. that was a rip off. The button was hard to press.. the only advantage it was orange color.. and china doesnt make orange yet for some reason :D

the only downside I had with these ones, I received 2 of them, but each is slightly different :) 1 of them is a bit more transparent, and is very easy to press the button to turn it on.. the other one is more plain white and button is hard to press, but still better than the expensive one I had (Night isle was the "brand" or something.. useless expensive cr..**)

about the product.. you just slide them on your spokes, all way down so they sit on any spoke between the 2 neighbouring spokes :) no need any ties or anything (but you can tie them if you want, they have holes for some purpose :)
there is 3 modes as far as i remember, first is blinking (flashing if you prefer).. another one blinking too (i think so..), and last one steady..
so I use the one with easy-press button on back wheel and turn it on in the dark, but the front one I use only in dark foggy or rainy conditions, as it distracts you a little sitting on the front wheel.. its bright. so it doesnt bother me that its hard to press it on the front wheel at all.

my gf had same ones (cheap) on her bike for about a year.. with rain and no rain.. she cycles once a week maybe.. and the batteries still working, not been replaced.. lights working too.. no problems with them. I recommend.. even IF i received 1 faulty.. it IS TOO CHEAP to complain :) cant go wrong.

Beauty-Boxes San Remo Black Cosmetics and Make-up Beauty Case
Beauty-Boxes San Remo Black Cosmetics and Make-up Beauty Case

5.0 out of 5 stars the size is smaller, 21 May 2013
My girlfriend is happy with it, but she actually measured the dimensions and they are smaller, I think she said about 5 cm smaller in length.. or maybe it was height.. not sure.. but she said that its no surprise that in reviews everyone is writing "oh I thought it was bigger"..
So when you receive it you can measure it and write a review here to let others know if the description of the product is false. For my gf fortunately it didnt matter much enough to complain.

Clear low light / night motorcycle Riding Glasses / Shatterproof Antifog Biker Wraps Complete With FREE Microfibre Pouch
Offered by Global Eyewear Limited

3.0 out of 5 stars not value for money, 21 May 2013
Bought them for cycling.

first impression was negative, for some reason I expected rubber/silicone things for nose (as they are present on my cheap glasses and I think they make it feel more comfortable), but it is all made of plastic-like material. They looked cheaper than my really cheap glasses. And they are not for my head size, they fit, but a bit bigger than needed, I have a small head, and its still not a problem, they sit well, not falling off, but they feel bigger than needed.

the only sticker I found was saying "shatterproof polycarbonate" , no antifog or UV400 or anything else. no manual anywhere saying any details about lenses or manufacturer.

Then i tried to breath on them and on my cheap glasses and WOW, magic, they dont get misted, really they dont. Only where the stickers were you could see mist in the shape of stickers (seems to be that in the far past there was another sticker saying something.. but didnt live long enough to be seen by me), so I thought ok, they are big, they feel cheap but they do the trick so all great!

I was also going to find out if UV400 actually means that you can look at the sun and there would not be any glare, NO, you can't look at sun :) in this ones (and most likely in any clear glasses) it will blind you like without glassess or even worse. So I thought ok.. I will use them in winter as they are great antifog glasses!

I tried them on road and I was nicely surprized as I could still see well on 2 crossroads where my cheap glassess usually get completely foggy, only label spots got misted, so I came home and washed them well.
They also feel like you dont have any lens, I noticed that distance to ground looks different, more real. In my cheap glassess the distance to the ground feels bigger than it really is.

Then comes the disappointment.. in the first rain I realized that they cant be used in the rain, at least for me and at least the ones I got, maybe antifog cover also makes all the drops gathered on the lens or maybe construction is poor I dont know, but It was nearly impossible to see anything well.. the vision was extremely poor. When I took them off, there was a lot of water in the bottom of the lens, I really think the construction doesnt have a good water diversion and forces all water to stay on lens and not flow away.

So they are bigger than I wanted,
They feel cheap, dont have rubber for nose.
They not to be used in the rain (maybe its same for all antifogs, I dont have anything to compare to).
They not special in the sun (and I dont have any proof that they are UV400)

Now I also found that they may sweat on a normal day/night, I guess on a long term ride instead of getting foggy they just accumulate small water bits and then they turn into bigger drops and distort the vision (on a short as well, as I do 15 min rides to/from work), I very often see water bits (or maybe its my sweat I dont know) on top of the lenses and the part above the nose which is a bit unpleasant during the ride (but my cheap glassess dont get anything like that, they only fog on long stops during ride, like crossroads).

If you are looking for clear antifog glassess for cycling you can also get other makes of antifog antimist glassess for same or cheaper price (there is a huge choice of clear antifog glasses on amazon, a lot smaller choice of non-clear lenses) and I really advise anyone to do it, to look more before you buy, because these ones are totally not good for me, not for the price.. 3 pounds would be a yes.. more? they cant cost more. If i could turn back time to the moment of buying these, I would 100% NOT buy them.

UltraFire WF-502B Aluminum Alloy Flashlight Housing w/ Clip - Black
UltraFire WF-502B Aluminum Alloy Flashlight Housing w/ Clip - Black

4.0 out of 5 stars good housing (no bulb), 12 Mar. 2013
its clear that this one comes without bulb.. and that's the only thing u need.. i needed red flashlight and it was much better to buy separate bulb and housing for me.. the only minus is the button was a bit sticky.. jamming sometimes.. but I havent had a big use of flashlight yet, so can not comment how frustrating or not it is..

Transcend JetRam 8GB DDR3 240 Pin 1600MHz PC3-12800 DIMM Desktop Memory Module
Transcend JetRam 8GB DDR3 240 Pin 1600MHz PC3-12800 DIMM Desktop Memory Module

5.0 out of 5 stars all good, 12 Mar. 2013
works well, no complaints.. im not expert but it seems like speeds are as specified with my 6 core bulldozer and asus motherboard.. not overclocked anything.. had no issues so far.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4