Profile for El Rapide > Reviews

Content by El Rapide

El Rapide

Philips AquaTouch Shaver AT890/20 Wet and Dry Rechargeable Electric Shaver with Pop Up Trimmer
Offered by Smithy07

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent shaver for the price, 18 Oct. 2012
I needed to replace my foil shaver so looked on the Which? website and this came up as the cheapest of their best buys. It is the best shaver I've ever had, I wish I'd switched from foil to rotary years ago. It gives me a much closer shave than my previous foil one, is much quieter in comparison, holds its charge for ages and is very easy to clean. The sideburn trimmer feels a little flimsy but does what I require of it. I would be happy to recommend this to anyone.

Aqualung (Special Edition)
Aqualung (Special Edition)

1.0 out of 5 stars A classic album badly transfered to CD, 6 Mar. 2012
Anyone who knows Tull knows this is a classic and IMO their best album so I will not bother reviewing the music. This CD version however is appalling. The output level is so quiet that, if you play it with a mix of other albums, you go from scarcely audible to deafening. As ever the inevitable bonus tracks add nothing to the original experience, in fact I find they invariably spoil the experience of listening to an album. They weren't there originally because they were either out-takes or sub-standard live recordings so leave them for the completist's box sets and give us the original album as it was intended to be heard. The original album is easily worth 5 stars but this version of it only deserves one.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 28, 2016 2:56 PM BST

Le Noise
Le Noise
Offered by NextDayEntertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars Quel Noise!, 6 Oct. 2010
This review is from: Le Noise (Audio CD)
It takes a few listenings to get into it but it's worth the effort for this is Neil's best work for decades (pun intended). No coincedence that he is working with a producer either, as I do not think he has made a decent album since the death of David Briggs. It's as if there hasn't been anyone around to tell Neil what was good and what was rubbish, and we've had a lot of rubbish in the last 15 years. Now with Daniel Lanois producing him Neil has made one of his best albums ever!