Profile for Marios Kyriacou > Reviews

Bigjigs Toys Wooden Lock Box - Children's Concentration Activity Toy
Bigjigs Toys Wooden Lock Box - Children's Concentration Activity Toy
Offered by Bigjigs Toys

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor Quality, 1 Jan. 2016
We bought this for my son. We were disappointed with the quality of it. The metal locks were sharp and the metal work was painted over. Unfortunately, bad workmanship and not worth this kind of money. It went straight back. Avoid.

WaterWipes Sensitive Baby Wipes, 12 Packs x 60 Wipes (720 Wipes)
WaterWipes Sensitive Baby Wipes, 12 Packs x 60 Wipes (720 Wipes)

3.0 out of 5 stars They're OK, but there are some issues, 18 July 2014
This is the second large box that we've bought and we've since switched to Johnson's Extra Sensitive wipes. We liked the Water Wipes, but we found that the first half of the packs aren't wet enough. Once past this, they're better. Each full pack is also very heavy. When putting a full pack in the changing bag, they do weigh it down. Contrast this with Johnson's and Johnson's are lighter. I think this is due to Johnson's wipes being thinner, but by no means inferior.

Worth a go - it's personal preference. We've tried Johnson's Extra Sensitive and Pampers Sensitive wipes and these do seem better than Water Wipes.

Ghost In The Wires: My Adventures as the World's Most Wanted Hacker
Ghost In The Wires: My Adventures as the World's Most Wanted Hacker
by Kevin Mitnick

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply Brilliant!, 18 July 2014
I work in the information security industry and was looking forward to hearing Kevin Mitnick's story. It takes us from his teenage years to the days of his capture and what happened to him after that.

The style of writing means that the book flows - it's like Kevin Mitnick is there narrating his story. Also, in his style of writing, Kevin Mitnick tries to get his side of the story over to the reader. There are often references to the movie Takedown and how inaccurate it was, showing the reader that he's other's have tried to "profit" from what he did to make themselves look good.

Overall, it's a fascinating read and a real page turner. I couldn't put the book down. In fact I'm going to read it again! Not something I do that often.

Them: Adventures with Extremists: Picador Classic
Them: Adventures with Extremists: Picador Classic

3.0 out of 5 stars Another gooden, 18 July 2014
I've read quite a few Ronson books over the past few years and have really enjoyed them. I enjoyed this too. It's amazing that Jon seems to get people talking and extracts information out of them. As usual, humorous and eye opening.

The Ipcress File
The Ipcress File

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but a little disappointing, 18 July 2014
This review is from: The Ipcress File (Kindle Edition)
I've not seen the film, but I know it's a classic. Therefore, I thought I'd have a read of this as it has some prominence. The first few chapters of the book were very promising and it had hope, but after that, I was dying to get to the end to finish it. I was expecting a fast paced spy thriller, but I was disappointed.

The style of writing took some getting used to. I often had to re-read paragraphs and some pages to follow the story - so, not the easiest book to read.

I've given this book 3 stars as the beginning and the end were up to what I expected, but the middle does lose it's way.

UE BOOM Bluetooth Wireless Speaker - Black Night (discontinued by manufacturer)
UE BOOM Bluetooth Wireless Speaker - Black Night (discontinued by manufacturer)

5.0 out of 5 stars Relieved it's decent., 18 July 2014
I was looking to buy a bluetooth speaker to stream music from my phone and tablet for casual listening.

Sound quality was the most important factor for me in choosing a Bluetooth speaker and therefore, from doing some research on the internet it appeared that it was between this and the Bose Soundlink Mini. I listened to both in a high street store and found that the Bose was bass heavy and I decided to go for this. I'm really pleased I did. There are reviews out there that say that the UE Boom lacks bass. I find that that's not the case at all. It has a good range between bass and treble. The sound quality and the way it fills the room with sound is impressive and I'm glad I bought this.

It has some very useful features, such as a read out of the percentage of battery storage left - it's in steps of 10%'s, but is more useful than other speakers on the market. Also, the battery does really last. I'm surprised at the use I'm getting out of it.

In terms of build quality, it's really solid. I don't intend to take it outside, but if I did, I wouldn't be too worried about it.

Overall, I'm really pleased with it. I was in two minds for a while about spending such money on a speaker, but I'm glad I did!