Shop now Shop now</arg> Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen with Prime Shop now Shop now
Profile for Han > Reviews

Content by Han

Han (UK)

Financial Accounting and Reporting MyAccountingLab Pack
Financial Accounting and Reporting MyAccountingLab Pack
by Mr Barry Elliott

2.0 out of 5 stars Not recommended, try Melville instead, 14 April 2010
This is the recommended textbook for our third year accountancy course at university. I took one look and decided to stick with my Melville textbook from previous years. It's written in an extreemly complicated way, whereas Melville is simple and easy to follow. I had no accounting experience before I started the coure, but I'm on track to achieve a first, so it's not that I'm lacking the intelligence to understand the theory!

Many of the other students on the course did buy the textbook. They said that it includes way too much information that isn't required, and doesn't help you understand the topic any better (Melville is just stripped back to the essentials). Others have said that it confused them and they've moved on to different textbooks.

I would say that if you have mastered the basics and you want more in depth reading then this does offer more than the Melville textbook. It depends on what level your course is at.

Simply put: too cluttered and too much irrelevant information for beginners, but useful if you want extra reading.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 15, 2010 11:04 AM BST

Acer TravelMate 5520 Notebook Turion 64X2 (TK55) 1.8GHz 2048MB (2x1024MB) 120GB 15.4 inch WXGA TFT LCD with Webcam DVD-SuperMulti Modem LAN/WLAN Vista HP (ATI Radeon X1250)*

4.0 out of 5 stars Great all round laptop, 21 Feb. 2008
I'm a student so I mainly use my laptop for coursework. I can't find anything wrong with it from the point of view of only using it for word processing and surfing the Internet. However, if you want to use it for watching DVD's or listening to music then you'll probably want to buy some external speakers as (unless I'm not looking properly) I can't find a way of increasing the volume high enough even when all of the volume levels are at 100%. Other than that I'm very impressed by the speed, usability, size, build quality and the overall looks. The one thing I would change would be the position of the speakers as the sound can be muffled when using the laptop on your lap. Overall, I'm very impressed with this laptop and would definitely recommend it of you're not too bothered about entertainment.