Profile for A. J. Dicken > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Viking Quest [DVD]
Viking Quest [DVD]
Dvd ~ Harry Lister

1.0 out of 5 stars And that's before you get to the lame effort of special effects, 5 Mar. 2016
This review is from: Viking Quest [DVD] (DVD)
I got this dvd in the hope of seeing some decent Viking action. How wrong was I.
The acting from the start is total rubbish. And that's before you get to the lame effort of special effects.
A complete disappointment and waste of money

Wii Party
Wii Party

4.0 out of 5 stars Great family fun., 19 Feb. 2011
This review is from: Wii Party (Video Game)
Right from the start this game gets the whole family ivolved. Quick and easy to load up levels with good game play. can't wait to try it with the adults at a party.

Medieval Games (Wii)
Medieval Games (Wii)

2.0 out of 5 stars Medieval Rubbish, 19 Feb. 2011
This review is from: Medieval Games (Wii) (Video Game)
I had high hopes for this game for a bit of family fun. How wrong was I! it's seems to take ages to load up, and when it does you get a running commentary of nights and noblemen. only to be faced with rubbish graphics and game play that only lasts a few minutes. To then go through the whole process again. My two little ones (aged 10 and 5). Only lasted 15 minutes before they were bored and have only played it once. In word RUBBISH!

Twilight of  the Idols and The Anti-Christ (Penguin Classics)
Twilight of the Idols and The Anti-Christ (Penguin Classics)
by Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche

5.0 out of 5 stars story of the false God, 6 Nov. 2010
I have been wanting to read this book for ages but just didn't get round to it. That was a big mistake.
Since buying the book I have now read it twice!!
Although the book is called Anti Christ it is not a book that worships Satan, but is an attack on the new version of christianity, Isalam and other religions that have come about preaching how good and lovley they are when in their background 100's of thousands have died in the name of God.
The book is split into sections of 1 to 2 pages each which makes for easy reading. As a pagan I would recommend this book, but if you are into Jesus you will be offended.

Living Down Under - Perth DVD
Living Down Under - Perth DVD

3.0 out of 5 stars Not much Perth here, 12 July 2010
If you have already bourght Living Down Under then don't bother buying this dvd.
The Living down under dvd is very good and the Perth edition would also be very good as stand alone dvd. But if like me you already have the Living Down under dvd, then unless you want to watch a repeat I would not bother with this one. It has about 5 minutes of Perth and leaves you wondering why I spent my hard earnt lolly on this.

Paranormal Activity [DVD]
Paranormal Activity [DVD]
Dvd ~ Katie Featherston
Offered by simply-well-priced

3.0 out of 5 stars one time scare?, 6 May 2010
This review is from: Paranormal Activity [DVD] (DVD)
I saw this dvd on rental and was expecting a lot of scares. It did not disapoint for a low budget film. So why the 3 stars then. Well the film starts of pritty slow and then builds up with little snipets that will make you jump with a fairly good ending, that gets you thinking. The trouble I have with paranormal activity is that I feel it's a one time movie and it found it quite boring on the second watch as you know exactly what is coming and even start to wish that story line was more detailed to keep you interested. Worth a watch glad I rented as I would have been disapointed if I had of bought it.

X-Men Origins: Wolverine [DVD] (2009)
X-Men Origins: Wolverine [DVD] (2009)
Dvd ~ Hugh Jackman
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT

5.0 out of 5 stars Wolverine finally shows his teeth, 9 Mar. 2010
If you like the X-Men series you will love this. Plenty of action and shows the darkerside of Wolverine.
It does leave the door open for a second film and I was left wondering what happens to his brother.

Kylie Sexy Darling Eau de Toilette for Women - 75 ml
Kylie Sexy Darling Eau de Toilette for Women - 75 ml

4.0 out of 5 stars Stylish and sexy, 9 Mar. 2010
I got this for my wife, on the back of a scratch and sniff, Smelt nice looked nice.
The packaging makes it look more expensive, and my wife is very happy with it.

Cataloge IV RE-Issue (Versus The World)
Cataloge IV RE-Issue (Versus The World)

5.0 out of 5 stars A Viking Master piece, 9 Mar. 2010
I got this album as part of the special edition collection and this is the best of the lot. You can tell instantly how the band has developed and expanded their music. Down the slopes of death and V's the world are top shreaders.

Evangelion
Evangelion
Offered by musicMagpie

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best black metal albums, 9 Mar. 2010
This review is from: Evangelion (Audio CD)
There is no let up on this album right from the start Daimonos hits you in the jaw. Each song has added melodies diferent solos but manages to keep frantic all the way through. For me The seed ov 1 is the best track and leaves the tune in buzzing in your head.
As all black metal albums this should be played at full volume and goes straight to the top of my play list.

Page: 1 | 2