Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Learn more Fire Kids Edition Shop Kindle Learn More Shop now
Profile for Jenny Muir > Reviews

Content by Jenny Muir

Jenny Muir

Seveneves
Seveneves

3.0 out of 5 stars Good idea, could have done with some serious editing., 19 Aug. 2016
This review is from: Seveneves (Kindle Edition)
This book has a fantastic premise and I was really excited to get it but... my word did it need some serious editing! Way too much waffle and not nearly enough action. I have no problem at all with learning from books and enjoy sci-fi for some of the (literally) off world thinking and ideas it can give you, but this book is spoiled by endless and needless explanations that make it less a novel and more a lecture. I held on until the end because the ideas are great, but you do need to grit your teeth to get to the end (or at least I did).

Jean-Claude Van Johnson
Jean-Claude Van Johnson
Dvd

5.0 out of 5 stars Liked this a lot, 19 Aug. 2016
Liked this a lot. Wasn't expecting the dry humor and silliness and do feel that it is all the more enjoyable for that.
Well done JCVD, I see you gaining a whole legion of new fans with this.

Nuclear War Club: Seven high school students are in detention when Nuclear War explodes.Game on, they are on their own

2.0 out of 5 stars Ok story but rushed in places and overly long in others, 2 Jan. 2016
The premise of the book is good and the characters well thought out. But it needs heavily editing and a really good proof read would make a huge difference.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 2, 2016 2:32 PM GMT

Wild: A Journey from Lost to Found
Wild: A Journey from Lost to Found

4.0 out of 5 stars A good read, 20 Feb. 2015
Enjoyable and well written. Kept a good pace throughout and I was routing for Cheryl the whole way. Great book to take on holiday and escape into.

We Are All Completely Beside Ourselves
We Are All Completely Beside Ourselves

3.0 out of 5 stars Different, thought provoking, 31 Aug. 2014
I didn't know what to expect from this book, but. I think my title says it all. it is a different sort of book, with very interesting subjects. And at the end very much a book to provoke thought to our treatment of our close relatives.

Bonkers: My Life in Laughs
Bonkers: My Life in Laughs

3.0 out of 5 stars Quite good fun., 23 Feb. 2014
Not the best written book but heck, it was fun, readable and interesting and a pleasant way to spend an evening!

A Memory Of Light: Book 14 of the Wheel of Time
A Memory Of Light: Book 14 of the Wheel of Time

3.0 out of 5 stars A fitting end to the series, 31 May 2013
A fitting end to a long long series.
The whole 14 books is a mammoth in imagination and reading. And i will be honest i struggled to keep going with some of them. But this was a great ending and i enjoyed it a great deal.