Profile for MrB > Reviews

Content by MrB

MrB (Newmarket, Suffolk, UK)

Page: 1 | 2
OTISA iPhone Charger Cable [2-Pack 1.5m] Nylon Braided Lightning Cable for iPhone 7/SE/6s/6/5/5c/5s, iPad, iPod-Gold
Offered by CagayanTec

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 14 Nov. 2016
long flexible cables link with iPads and iPod. prompt delivery

HALLMARK RECORDABLE STORY BOOK GUESS HOW MUCH I LOVE YOU
HALLMARK RECORDABLE STORY BOOK GUESS HOW MUCH I LOVE YOU

5.0 out of 5 stars guess how much?, 14 Dec. 2012
It seems expensive, but this looks and feels a quality "hard back" product. I couldn't record a greeting on the opening page, which was implied. Also, you don't have much time to record each page: you got "shut out" if you take too long, so don't take too many dramatic pauses.
I think my 2 grand daughters are going to enjoy listening to this together! Must get another card :-)

Campbell Cooper Australian Stockmans Bush Hat Wax Cotton - Olive Green - Medium
Campbell Cooper Australian Stockmans Bush Hat Wax Cotton - Olive Green - Medium
Offered by Campbell Cooper

3.0 out of 5 stars ok, 9 Dec. 2012
not sure about this: the crown is quite flat. But it might "weather in" ok in the rain. The medium size is quite large (I think 7.25 and I'm about 6.8)

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars OK, 9 Dec. 2012
good as an extra case; I took it on a coach trip, but it won't hang on a rail, and too big for cheap air travel.

Accidentally on Purpose: An Autobiography
Accidentally on Purpose: An Autobiography
by Michael York

4.0 out of 5 stars fun, 6 Dec. 2012
A time warp book written about 20 years ago, with most of the details of the main parts of his career.

Sweet Tooth
Sweet Tooth

5.0 out of 5 stars good, 6 Dec. 2012
This review is from: Sweet Tooth (Kindle Edition)
I enjoyed this book. The author seems to be having his usual multi dimensional academic fun, but without boring us, as I was with eg Enduring Love. What I mean is that he is still up to his tricks, but manages to make this one commercially compelling.

I thought the girl's descriptions of sex sounded like a man's: ooh, that's enough spoiling!

Farnham High Back Cream Leather Faced Executive Office Chair
Farnham High Back Cream Leather Faced Executive Office Chair

4.0 out of 5 stars cool and comfy, 9 Nov. 2012
First of all, this is not easy to assemble, unless you are an Ikea fan. You really need 2 people, and there is some pushing and shoving. I found it hard to fit the last arm, and had to order another one, thinking it was too short.

However, the suppliers sent a new one quickly, as well as a new wheel when one broke right away.

Otherwise, very good.

The Sense of an Ending
The Sense of an Ending
by Julian Barnes

5.0 out of 5 stars half way there, 7 Aug. 2011
This review is from: The Sense of an Ending (Hardcover)
I got it on Kindle, though I thought £7 expensive for a novella.
You can relate to it if you're older (the narrator is in his 60s)and British. I got a sense of William Boyd in parts.
The feeling of looking back on what may be a wasted life .. I'll have to wait for the ending!
It's very good, and worth it.

From Headlines to Hard Times
From Headlines to Hard Times
by Ed Mitchell

5.0 out of 5 stars irony from the £ shop, 25 Jun. 2011
Yes, I got the hardback remaindered at the Pound Shop :-) He had the fantasy career I'd always wanted, but I came at his biz from a biz consultancy angle, so it was fascinating to hear about the new satellite channels I was involved with on the periphery, and what Ed earned.
I couldn't understand quite how he'd got himself into so much debt, though.
He deprecates himself and his performances throughout, though, which I suppose is part of the self hatred that brings alcoholism. But he writes well. I wish Ed sobriety,

The Brave
The Brave
by Nicholas Evans

1.0 out of 5 stars dog-gone, 25 Nov. 2010
This review is from: The Brave (Hardcover)
I have enjoyed the author's previous books, but this is a prairy dog. I could go into the reasons at much greater length. I wasn't interested in the characters, their characters are not developed, but labels are pasted on them (eg cowboy, movie star); the flashbacks and flash forwards are too frequent and the time frames too long and awkward. Some nice nature descriptions, but that does not a novel make. Actually, I did listen to the opening chapters on my Ipod, and was hoping for much more, but that was not to be!

Oh dear! I'm afraid it wouldn't have been published if it wasn't for the author's reputation.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 17, 2011 3:53 PM BST