Profile for Wiggly Worm > Reviews

Content by Wiggly Worm

Wiggly Worm (UK)

NATPC M009S RTB ULTIMATE 7" 16GB Capacitive Android tablet PC - Android 4.0 ICS (Ice Cream Sandwich)- now with DOUBLE storage (16GB) and DOUBLE system ram (1GB) for ULTIMATE PERFORMANCE - WiFi - Compatible with BBC iPlayer

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Impressive for the price, 27 April 2012
I can only echo what has already been written.

I too looked at the 8Gb version and for the price difference went for this.
Just a quick note ***Very fast delivery from seller!***
I bought this with the USB Keyboard and protective case, which was excellent and makes typing much easier!
I plugged it in and automatically working, real plug&play!
New 7" Inch Black Leather Look Case + USB Keyboard With Free Stylus & Stand Feature For Protection Of Your 7" Tablet PC ePad aPad Device

Got WiFi set up and running in a few minutes with no problems, only bought this for reading magazines, so downloaded the required apps and a magazine then put on charge for the required 6 hours.

I did have a quick play about while it was charging and didn't notice any noticeable problems doing so, I have read reports that you can't use these while charging them.
I didn't find this to be the case, could it be the new ICS operating system has solved this??

The magazine can be read OK but ideally a bigger screen would be better.
I did look at the 10inch version of this tablet but all of these generic types have more of a wide screen format. A 10" screen on these types of tablet just makes the screen longer, check out the iPad and Samsung Galaxy to see what I mean as these have a more square looking screen which makes magazine reading much easier.

Saying all of that though, this tablet for the price really is an outstanding product, I can still read the magazines, although you do have to zoom in a lot, but as the screen clarity and response is really very good this isn't too much of an issue.
No problems using it as an E-reader though as the screen ratio is very much like the E-readers.

Not tested everything out fully yet but will update this as and when required.

I can thoroughly recommend this device, I have seen reports of some people getting faulty units, as with anything if you are unlucky enough to pick up a faulty one stick with it and try to get a working replacement as this budget tablet really can't be beaten for value for money IMHO.

UPDATE: 29/04/2012

I bought a HDMI to MINI HDMI cable and have now tested this by plugging it into my LCD TV.
Works a treat and using Google Play to rent the videos makes it simple to watch on the big screen.
I did notice as well if you set the display on the Tablet to turn off after 30secs, the tablet screen goes black but the movie still plays on the TV so no distraction.

Very impressed!
Comment Comments (9) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 14, 2013 11:41 AM BST

AOC Multi-Touch 21.5inch WLED Display Monitor
AOC Multi-Touch 21.5inch WLED Display Monitor

4.0 out of 5 stars Plug & Play with Windows XP, 13 Aug. 2011
I required a monitor to connect to my netbook as the 10inch screen on this was too small for a software package that was installed.

I looked around and checked the specs on lots of different touch screen monitors, they were all similar in price but I just couldn't find the information if it would work on Windows XP.

I managed to contact the UK service contact for this machine, none of the others replied!!
He told me that it would work with Windows XP, but only as a single touch function, the multitouch function can only be used with Windows 7.

Bought from Amazon, one of the best prices around, I could have bought it slightly cheaper but from an unheard of internet store with no address details, not worth it in my opinion.

Everything worked perfectly, you just need to turn the monitor on first then the netbook or laptop, Windows XP then recognises it and installs the driver.
The monitor stand works very well being able to slide the laptop or netbook underneath it so the keys can be reached but the screen is hidden behind the actual monitor itself.

The monitor comes with ALL the connecting cables you need, which is such a brilliant idea, how many times do you buy something that doesn't have the cables so you can't actually use it until you go out and buy them as extra's!
The only reason for 4 stars is that it came with a non-uk plug lead.
I just chopped the plug off the cable and fitted a UK 13amp one.....remember when no appliance came with a plug!

It is just a 13amp kettle lead that is required, but having spoken to the UK sales manager for AOC he actually sent me the correct lead and was going to investigate why Amazon were selling them with the wrong lead, but to be on the safe side I would just make sure you have a spare lead or replacement plug.

Not used all the huge amount of built in functions for colour adjustment yet as default it works perfect.

I would recommend this touch screen monitor to everybody it really is very good.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 18, 2011 11:09 AM BST