Profile for R. Bartlett > Reviews

Content by R. Bartlett

R. Bartlett "Happy Bunny" (U.K.)

No Title Available

2.0 out of 5 stars If you want a leather case look elsewhere, 6 Sept. 2013
I bought this wallet case for my daughter to replace a cheaper one that had fallen apart. It doesn't seem badly made but I'd be astonished if it is actually leather. It certainly has the look, feel and smell of genuine plastic - and what is the point in paying more for a leather case if you can't tell that it is leather? No one pays for 'faux plastic'!

LittleBigPlanet (PS3)
LittleBigPlanet (PS3)
Offered by * The Game Monkey *

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous fun, 25 Dec. 2010
This review is from: LittleBigPlanet (PS3) (Video Game)
I bought this game for my daughter for Christmas - she's 12 - and I'm so glad I did. She has played for ages with her sister (15) and they have been giggling and making things up all day and it's even quite entertaining for me just to watch. What's so nice is that it's not intense and solitary like many computer games - it's more like an interactive cartoon and they are talking all the time about their ideas and what to try next. I quite fancy having a go myself!

Panasonic Lumix TZ7 Digital Camera - Black (10.1MP, 12x Optical Zoom) 3.0 inch LCD

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, but hard work!, 16 Mar. 2010
I've had my new camera for about a week now so these are my first impressions -my previous cameras have both been from Canon, the last an Ixus 950 is and I decided to try Panasonic because they seem to get better reviews than similar cameras from Canon.
Good things: 1)I'm really pleased with the picture quality
2)The camera is solidly built (I killed my last camera by jumping on it! I'm a primary teacher and it fell out of my pocket)
3) The battery life doesn't seem as bad as some reviews suggest. I use the camera for short periods every day and haven't had to charge the battery yet.

Less good things: 1)It's less intuitive to use than my Canon cameras - I've actually had to read the instructions! The range of different menus is bewildering and its not obvious how to do simple things like delete photos. I know that makes me sound stupid, but when I first got my Canon camera I had never had a digital camera but it was easy to figure out how to do things, you only had to go into the menus if you wanted to.
2) The video quality is good but you have to be careful which kind of video file you make or it can be difficult to play back. Also, when I'm busy at work I keep pressing the video button by mistake.

In short, love the picture quality but don't find it so fun and effortless to use - not a good first camera!

Hansel and Gretel
Hansel and Gretel
by Jacob Grimm

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous illustrations, 2 Dec. 2009
This review is from: Hansel and Gretel (Paperback)
The illustrations in this book are wonderful and really enhance the story. Best of all they aren't all cartoon-like: the witch is a genuinely gruesome creature! It probably isn't suitable for very young children but 5 year olds love it!

Lloytron L855BC Studio Poise Halogen Hobby/ Desk Lamp - Brushed Chrome
Lloytron L855BC Studio Poise Halogen Hobby/ Desk Lamp - Brushed Chrome

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, 2 Dec. 2009
I bought this lamp as a Christmas present for my neice and I absolutely love it! It's really solid and heavy and has an old fashioned mechanical look about it - you just want to play with it. I think I'll have to buy myself one now.

Persuasion : Complete BBC Adaptation [1995] [DVD]
Persuasion : Complete BBC Adaptation [1995] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Amanda Root
Offered by d-uk

5.0 out of 5 stars The best by far, 28 Dec. 2007
This is absolutely my favourite T.V. adaptation of a Jane Austin novel. It is a real treat to watch from beginning to end: the whole thing is so well cast that every scene and every character have a charm of their own.

The House at Riverton
The House at Riverton
by Kate Morton

3.0 out of 5 stars Very readable but not original, 2 Aug. 2007
This review is from: The House at Riverton (Paperback)
I really enjoyed this book as a summer read, it's definitely keeps you engrossed and I thought the jumps between the past and present worked quite well.
It did seem to me that the plot line was quite similar to Margaret Atwood's 'The Blind Assassin' just with a different setting. The ending was a surprise however - it was so gruesome it was almost funny!