Profile for Caterina > Reviews

Colour Conditioning Treatment Sachet Brunette 25 m
Colour Conditioning Treatment Sachet Brunette 25 m
Offered by Just One Beauty

2.0 out of 5 stars I have dark hair, and this made no visible ..., 31 Mar. 2016
I have dark hair, and this made no visible difference to its tone or color (unlike some other similar products I've tried).

The Hive
The Hive
by Gill Hornby

1.0 out of 5 stars Pretty Tiresome Actually, 31 Mar. 2016
This review is from: The Hive (Paperback)
I disliked this intensely. Primarily because every single character in it is so astonishingly vacuous and unlikeable. I kept on thinking - as more and more characters were introduced - that surely a twist would come, or an opportunity for one of the characters to learn something about the world or herself, or to develop an interest outside the school gate, but no, it didn't. There isn't one female character in it who has a career that she finds fulfilling and interesting (although a few are allowed to have badly paid jobs and complain about them). No character shows an interest in anything at all outside the peculiar school gate clique - and this seems to be accepted by the writer as being absolutely normal. The social events are tedious and ghastly. No-one seems to have any intelligence, or manners, or a sense of humour, or the ability to talk about anything other than the PTA and their children. Nobody progresses, or changes their values - isn't that essential for a novel? (The position of individuals in the herd changes: their adherence to it does not.) Characters who are feisty show this by swearing and smoking, and saying "arse" a lot, not by doing something away from the clique like, oh I don't know, reading a book or having a thought. I felt deeply sorry for their husbands (no wonder some of them left!), and terrified that I might inadvertently move to an area where I might find such ghastly women at the school gate. In her favour, there's nothing wrong with the author's style. She's a very good writer, clearly. It's just that she has chosen to write a novel that blithely assumes that all women are tiresome, dull little girls with the intellectual capability of frogspawn. We're not.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Dracula is a extremely good book. It is clever and formal, 2 Dec. 2015
Dracula is a extremely good book.It is clever and formal ,I am ten years old and I loved it.However for all its virtues it has some vices.At the end it has some difficult to understand words and a complicated plot.

Millions
Millions
by Frank Cottrell Boyce

1.0 out of 5 stars Millions is the worst book I have ever read, 29 Nov. 2015
This review is from: Millions (Paperback)
Millions is the worst book I have ever read.I am ten years old and have to read it at school and I hate it, it is over detailed, has terrible characters which of whom are usually going on about saints and has a ludicrous and over imaginative plot. To sum it all up Millions is a horrifically badly written book,I do not like Frank cottrel-boyce's writing style and I would advise that you NEVER buy it.

PS Comment by parent: is this perhaps a book which parents and teachers think children ought to like, but which they find over preachy? I note another unfavorable review posted by a young reader.

Jergens Natural Glow Revitalizing Daily Moisturizer for Fair to Medium Skin Tones 222 ml Moisturizer
Offered by OTCFORYOU

5.0 out of 5 stars The best self tanner around for pale skin, 24 Nov. 2015
I have pale skin and have never found any other tanner which works as well as this - and believe me I have tried lots - Clinique, Clarins, L'Oreal, St Tropez, Dove, my collection of self tanners that make me look orange and streaky is vast. This is very pale, builds well over several days,looks astonishingly natural, and is rarely streaky. I use it every day after the shower. It's just a shame it is so expensive to get it in the UK.

Palmers Cocoa Butter Body Gloss With Vitamin-E 4.4oz
Palmers Cocoa Butter Body Gloss With Vitamin-E 4.4oz
Offered by Palmers Works

5.0 out of 5 stars Good, 24 Nov. 2015
Great in summer mixed with Sally Hansen leg spray for legs. Lovely smell and a bit of a shine, and very moisturizing.

ghd Style Heat Protect Spray 120 ml
ghd Style Heat Protect Spray 120 ml
Offered by Bentley's Bargain Warehouse

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, 24 Nov. 2015
Like a couple of other reviewers I was concerned I was paying over the odds for this. In fact it's good enough for me to have got rid of a lot of my other products. I spray it on before drying. Then straighten with my GHDs once, spray again (sparingly), and then straighten again. This second "mid straighten" spray makes all the difference - really makes for smooth and shiny hair. (Just spraying it on before drying and before starting to straighten softens, but doesn't add shine.) I would buy again.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars This is weirdly good. I have dry lips, 24 Nov. 2015
This is weirdly good. I have dry lips, and recently have used lip balms by (amongst others) Mac, Paulas Choice, Burts Bees and Caudalie. This is by far and away the best. Really softening and plumping and I would not be without it.

Mighty Bright Blue Xtraflex 2 LED Book Light
Mighty Bright Blue Xtraflex 2 LED Book Light
Offered by Pizzazz

2.0 out of 5 stars Not bright enough for a nighlight, 6 Jan. 2014
Giving "I don't like it" as my rating (which is what 2 stars represents) may be a bit unfair. This is a sturdy and well-made and nice looking piece of kit and easy to turn off and on, with no annoying dangly wires - just not right for my purposes. Specifically, I bought it for my son's bunkbed, for him to read in bed at night, which he likes to do for an hour each night. I had three concerns. (1) That it should clip onto the bunk - it does, and grips well. (2) That the bulb should not get hot - it does not, so perfectly safe for a child. (3) That it should be sufficiently bright to avoid eye strain when used by a child as a sole light source for reading. Alas, I think this is too dim a light, despite its "Mighty Bright" claims, for me to be confident to let a child read by it alone - and in fact even my son said, when I turned it on, sorry mum, but I don't think this is bright enough (or words to that effect). We do use it, but as a back up light, with his clip on Ikea nightlight. With the 2 of them, yes, I am confident that the light is bright enough. Just not with either one of them alone.

Caspari 25.4 x 23 cm Advent Christmas Carousel
Caspari 25.4 x 23 cm Advent Christmas Carousel

1.0 out of 5 stars I'm going to ask for my money back, 29 Nov. 2013
I could not get this product to work (and I speak as someone who has assembled advent houses for the past 3 years). The basic problem is that there are not enough tabs, those that there are don't line up, and you're trying to bend pieces of straight card into a circle. I don't think this product should be sold.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9