Profile for A. Hof > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Softinos Women's Ibis Suede Black Slides Sandal P900100012 5 UK
Softinos Women's Ibis Suede Black Slides Sandal P900100012 5 UK

3.0 out of 5 stars OK-ish, 3 Nov. 2012
These are OK-ish. They are softer than I expected and don't stay on all that well. I wouldn't recommend wearing them outdoors, but they are OK as slippers

BlackBerry 9800 Torch Leather Pocket Pouch - Black (AAC-32838-201)
BlackBerry 9800 Torch Leather Pocket Pouch - Black (AAC-32838-201)
Offered by MOBILEPARTZ

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 3 Nov. 2012
I am really pleased with this holster, it feels sturdy, it locks my BB perfectly and is simply an excellent buy. It also arrived incredibly quickly.

Europe's High Points: Reaching the Summit of Every Country in Europe
Europe's High Points: Reaching the Summit of Every Country in Europe
by Carl McKeating

1.0 out of 5 stars unreliable, 19 May 2011
I would not trust this book at all! I had a quick look through it and noticed that it lists The Hague as the capitalof the Netherlands! The actual capital is, of course, Amsterdam. If the authors can't get basic information like this right, what else did they get wrong, I wonder.

Rieker Women's Hillary L7083 Black Ankle Boot L7083/00 3 UK
Rieker Women's Hillary L7083 Black Ankle Boot L7083/00 3 UK

1.0 out of 5 stars boots, 31 Jan. 2011
My mother bought these using my account while she was staying with me. We had had a lot of snow and the shoes/boots she had brought with her were not of much use in the snow. These seemed ideal. However, even though the boots seemed to be the right size for her, she could not walk in them for very long. They were very uncomfortable. We returned the boots.

New Ladies Boys 3 Pair Pack Cotton Rich HIKE BOOT work Short Mid Calf socks
New Ladies Boys 3 Pair Pack Cotton Rich HIKE BOOT work Short Mid Calf socks
Offered by Sabastian Misc

4.0 out of 5 stars socks, 31 Jan. 2011
I bought these socks for a friend. She found them rather disappointing. Apparently, they are rather tight around her calves. However, her daughter loves them and wears them all the time. So, they seem to be all right for skinny legs, but not so good for not so skinny legs.

The Private Patient (Adam Dalgliesh Mysteries)
The Private Patient (Adam Dalgliesh Mysteries)
by P D James

1.0 out of 5 stars state of book, 31 Jan. 2011
I am rather disappointed with this book. Not with the content. P.D. James is a fine author. I am disappointed with the condition of the book. I can't remember whether its condition was listed as very good or good when I bought it - and I can't find that information anywhere in my order. However, the condition the book is in is neither very good nor even just good. It is barely acceptable. The text is still legible, but I prefer my books to look more pristine. This book should never have been listed as good or very good. I feel conned.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 3, 2012 10:02 AM GMT

Rocket Dog Women's Snippy Flat Mushroom Punked Canvas Snippy 5 UK
Rocket Dog Women's Snippy Flat Mushroom Punked Canvas Snippy 5 UK

2.0 out of 5 stars Bad quality, 27 Aug. 2010
Disappointed with these trainers. They look great and they were comfortable at first, but quite quickly the insoles started going walkabouts. After wearing them for an hour or so, I could feel that the insoles had moved and were no longer in the right place. This could cause bad blisters. I'm sure I'll be able to sort the problem with different insoles, but, really, this should not happen and certainly not this quickly. My second pair of Rocket Dog trainers that's proved to be a disappointment.

Birkenstock Medina Birko-Flor, Style-No. 46791, Unisex Thong Sandals, Black, EU 38, normal width

4.0 out of 5 stars Wrong size, 27 Aug. 2010
I find it difficult to rate these sandals. It turns out that I had bought the wrong size. Not having had Birkenstocks before, I wasn't sure whether these are supposed to fit snugly or not. It turns out that they need to be quite snug. If they are too big (as mine are), your feet won't be in the right position and the footbed will cause friction and give you blisters instead of support. I am told by other people that these Birkenstock sandals are very comfortable and provide great support, but clearly it is important to make sure that you get the size right.

Lonsdale Women's Pixley Trainer White/Fuchsia LLA316 5 UK
Lonsdale Women's Pixley Trainer White/Fuchsia LLA316 5 UK

3.0 out of 5 stars OK, 27 Aug. 2010
OK trainers. Not brilliant, but then what do you expect for that money. They sort of do the job.

Panama Jack Women's Caribbean Cream CS01 5 UK
Panama Jack Women's Caribbean Cream CS01 5 UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 27 Aug. 2010
These shoes are brilliant. I love Panama Jacks. I used to have a pair years ago that I wore until the shoes fell apart. I was really pleased to find these on Amazon. They are quite unusual: sandals rather than boots, but they are much sturdier than most sandals. They can also be adjusted in a variety of ways, enabling you to get a really good fit. They provide great support. I'm really pleased with them.

Page: 1 | 2