Profile for E. Guy > Reviews

Kings and Queens
Kings and Queens
by Tony Robinson

4.0 out of 5 stars Kings and Queens of Britain., 14 Oct. 2016
This review is from: Kings and Queens (Paperback)
It is a very easy read book, interspersed with colourful pictures that gives a memorable way of learning the succession of the British monarchy. Good for both adults and children.

The Tea Planter's Wife
The Tea Planter's Wife

5.0 out of 5 stars A good read., 11 Feb. 2016
I found it a fascinating read with different threads leading to questions that are eventually answered towards the end. A good insight into colonial life at at time.

The Ballroom Café
The Ballroom Café

5.0 out of 5 stars A good read for a miserable day., 16 Jan. 2016
I thoroughly enjoyed this light read. There were lots of different threads that was interesting to read how they linked together throughout the story.

Damn You Autocorrect! 2
Damn You Autocorrect! 2
by Lyndsey Saul

4.0 out of 5 stars Amusing!, 31 Dec. 2015
A very amusing book, especially as some of my text messages are annoying enough (to me) to get into the book.

The Grandmothers
The Grandmothers

4.0 out of 5 stars Grandmothers plus ..., 3 Dec. 2015
This review is from: The Grandmothers (Kindle Edition)
Very well written book of short stories and all totally different. The third story was fascinating and provoked a good discussion at the reading group.

Dominion
Dominion

4.0 out of 5 stars Dominion, 3 Dec. 2015
This review is from: Dominion (Kindle Edition)
This is an interesting, thought-provoking novel, which refreshed my memory about some of the historical facts of pre-war Nazi Germany. It was quite unnerving to realise that some issues from the book are in existence in some areas today. It is a good read.

Strong Poison (Lord Peter Wimsey Mysteries)
Strong Poison (Lord Peter Wimsey Mysteries)
by Dorothy L Sayers

5.0 out of 5 stars My first Peter Wimsey book and I thoroughly enjoyed it. It was beautifully written and refreshed my ..., 22 Oct. 2015
My first Peter Wimsey book and I thoroughly enjoyed it. It was beautifully written and refreshed my memory of some of the phrases used when I was a child. I shall read more!

Personal: (Jack Reacher 19)
Personal: (Jack Reacher 19)

2.0 out of 5 stars A lecture in how to think for oneself., 14 Aug. 2015
Very disappointing. I have read all the other Jack Reacher books that kept me enthralled for the duration but this one was too descriptive and contrived. I felt as if I was incapable of being able to think logically for myself. Perhaps Jack is getting a little 'too long in the tooth' for this type of lifestyle and should retire gracefully ... Or at least retire. Very sad thought.

Dobble Card Game
Dobble Card Game

5.0 out of 5 stars Modern Day Snap!, 14 Aug. 2015
This review is from: Dobble Card Game (Toy)
Brilliant game for all ages that causes lots of hilarity and competition for the duration.

Pig (batteries not included)
Pig (batteries not included)
Offered by somethingdifferent

2.0 out of 5 stars Size is all important!, 23 July 2015
A big disaster. I am always hesitant to buy on line because I can mis-judge pictures, as in this case with the pigs. I have smaller versions but two have broken and I wanted to replace them. The two that I purchased on line are far too big. Do you sell the smaller variety that take triple A batteries. I am now left with one large pig to give to a good home.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5