Profile for Marion A. Knott > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
The Detective Dog
The Detective Dog
by Julia Donaldson

5.0 out of 5 stars I was a little leary about the illustrator since her books illustrated by Axel Schoeffler are superior to her other illustrators, 3 July 2016
This review is from: The Detective Dog (Hardcover)
I am a huge Gruffalo and Julia Donaldson fan. I have all of her picture books. I knew I was going to buy her latest book even though it is not yet available in the U.S. I was a little leary about the illustrator since her books illustrated by Axel Schoeffler are superior to her other illustrators. I was so happy to see that this new illustrator is excellent. So glad to be sharing this with all the kids.

Amazon.co.uk Gift Card - In a Greeting Card - £40 (Christmas - Santa and Rudolph)

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 18 Jan. 2016
A gift card is great, a gift card from Amazon, greater!

Summer at the Lake
Summer at the Lake
by Erica James

1.0 out of 5 stars Mis paged book, 20 Aug. 2015
This review is from: Summer at the Lake (Hardcover)
Believe it or not I just began reading this book since I love all of Erica Davis' book but when I get a slew of library books I put these books aside. I am appalled that the book is mis paged. By this I mean that it goes from pages 154 plus to the 180's and then even the middle of a page it changes. I probably should address this to someone at Amazon.co.uk but don't know how.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 30, 2015 8:56 PM BST

Very Little Cinderella
Very Little Cinderella
by Teresa Heapy

3.0 out of 5 stars Very Little, 29 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Very Little Cinderella (Hardcover)
I loved the first of the series, "Very Little Red Riding Hood" so instead of waiting for it to be published in the U.S. I paid extra to buy it from Amazon UK. It was ok but not great. The kids in the class enjoyed it but preferred the first one. Also, no book jacket which also elimated any author description. Another book from the UK that I bought was Abracazebra which also came without a book jacket but was a great book.

Matilda's Cat
Matilda's Cat
by Emily Gravett

5.0 out of 5 stars Meow, 2 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Matilda's Cat (Hardcover)
Actually I haven't read this but bought it for my English friends who are two and six. I wanted to get it in the US to avoid the shipping charges but it's still not available. I think the kids loved it.

The Very Clever Crocodile (Peek a Boo Pop Ups)
The Very Clever Crocodile (Peek a Boo Pop Ups)
by Jack Tickle

5.0 out of 5 stars He/she, 2 Jan. 2013
I have all the Jack Tickle books and the K's especially love them. They react happily when they see the Peek a Boo symbol at the top. Recently heard that Jack Tickle was really a girl. Whatever, boy, girl, it , these books are great.

The Highway Rat
The Highway Rat

5.0 out of 5 stars Hooray!, 2 Jan. 2013
This review is from: The Highway Rat (Hardcover)
I just about jump for joy when I find another Julia Donaldson book. I have infected my love of her books when I share them with my kids in an inner city San Francisco school.

Oxford Reading Tree: Stage 2: Songbirds Phonics: Pack (6 books, 1 of each title)

5.0 out of 5 stars A Hit for the first graders, 2 Jan. 2013
I work with kids who have difficulty in reading. These books are of high interest. The kids love them a lot.

The Great Sheep Shenanigans
The Great Sheep Shenanigans
by Peter Bently

5.0 out of 5 stars Sheepish, 2 Jan. 2013
I happened on this book by chance and loved it so now I am a Peter Bently fan. I loved it so much I wanted my English friends to share it with their kids and they loved it too.

Superworm
Superworm

5.0 out of 5 stars Superlative Julia., 2 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Superworm (Hardcover)
I wait eagerly for a new Julia ever since I got "Room On A Broom." Sadly, a lot of her books don't make it to the U.S. so I rely on Amazon.uk to supply me with my Julia "fix." The kids in my school love her so much we had a Gruffalo Party last year and the teacher is clamoring for a repeat.

Page: 1 | 2