Profile for Tom Glenn > Reviews

Content by Tom Glenn

Tom Glenn (United Kingdom)

A Dream of Death (Detective Lincoln Munroe, Book 1)
A Dream of Death (Detective Lincoln Munroe, Book 1)

3.0 out of 5 stars Average, easy read., 17 Sept. 2013
Was interesting to read a story based in a Canadian setting. Story line was pretty predictable and easy to follow. Simple book; entertaining enough but not a great literary find.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice hat and priced right!, 17 Sept. 2013
Wore this to Ascot and received very nice comments. Love that it is adjustable since I have a small head and have a difficult time finding hats to fit. It is a rich red and looks more expensive than it was. Good buy!

Red Chiffon Petals and Feathers Juliet Cap Fascinator on Head Band.
Red Chiffon Petals and Feathers Juliet Cap Fascinator on Head Band.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun!, 17 Sept. 2013
Very bright and shocking red! Not too overwhelming so can be used as a fun accessory and will definitely get noticed.

Paderno World Cuisine Plastic Bowl Scraper, Set of 10
Paderno World Cuisine Plastic Bowl Scraper, Set of 10

1.0 out of 5 stars Very stiff, 17 Sept. 2013
Small and stiff...just not what I was looking for. Anyone know where I can get a larger flexible silicone scraper?

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job for a home repair stand, 14 July 2011
Quick to assemble and start using - if you're mechanically inclined. Then again this is a repair stand so you should be mechanically inclined or don't bother !
Easy to fold up - I read in a review that a user needed tools whenever they wanted to fold up; clearly this person did not know how to use it or assembled it improperly.
Works fine on regular or oversize top tubes; haven't used it yet to clamp the seat tube but should work fine there as well.
Angle adjustment is easy to use and set.
To get adjustable height with the hand lever instead of an allen key you need to go for the next model up and for home use it doesn't seem to be worth it.

Great quality product. Works as you would expect.

CD Project SprinTech Road Race Bike Mirror in Black - Twinset
CD Project SprinTech Road Race Bike Mirror in Black - Twinset
Offered by SJS Cycles

4.0 out of 5 stars Great safety addition to my bike, 14 July 2011
These mirrors were easy to fit to my bike, only took about 5 minutes to install.
They hold their position and within a couple of hours of riding with them they already make my rides in London traffic safer.
On occasion, my leg touches a mirror and I need to re-adjust but this is easy to do on the fly.
Other than that the mirrors hold their position.
I have them installed on my touring bike and usually ride it with saddle bags. Depending on how I adjust the mirrors I may see the bags but this doesn't hamper the usefulness.

Great safety addition and I'm thinking of getting a pair for my road bike.