Profile for Foodie417 > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
ghd V Gold Max Styler
ghd V Gold Max Styler

3.0 out of 5 stars Annoying tangle-prone cable, 6 May 2016
I love GHDs, no other straighteners I've tried straighten my hair as well. These are generally up to the usual GHD standard and work well, my only gripe with these is that unlike the previous models like the IV and earlier, the cable is ludicrously prone to curling up and getting tangled with itself while in use (I do not wind up the cable to store it or anything). This becomes very frustrating to use as it shortens the cable and makes it less flexible unless you want to spend time every week uncurling the cable. I wish they'd go back to the previous cable as this detracts from an otherwise great pair of straighteners.

'DrinkPod' Stainless Steel Vacuum Flask Green
'DrinkPod' Stainless Steel Vacuum Flask Green
Offered by Good Thymes

1.0 out of 5 stars Definitely not leakproof, 7 Jan. 2016
On first use took this out to carry cold water with me and it leaked in the bag that I was carrying it in. Thankfully it was just cold water, could've have been much worse if it had been hot or some other beverage and in a bag with other items that could have been ruined. It also didn't really keep the drink that cold for very long (around 3 hours). Useless really since it isn't leakproof and doesn't maintain the temperature of the liquid inside.

Sennheiser CX 5.00i In-Ear canal Headphones - iPhone/iPod/iPad - Black
Sennheiser CX 5.00i In-Ear canal Headphones - iPhone/iPod/iPad - Black

3.0 out of 5 stars Would I buy these again?, 23 Nov. 2015
I bought these as I was looking for good quality earphones under £100 that I could use with my iphone to take calls and control music. I had purchased Audio-Technica ATH-CKX5IS Sonic Fuel In Ear Headphones earlier in the year but after using them for a while I found that the sound quality was mediocre, my old Sennheiser cx-300ii were cheaper and had better sound quality; so I decided to go back to Sennheiser and went for these.

The sound quality is good, though perhaps not mind blowing, certainly much better bass and overall sound than the audio technica's but I'd still prefer a bit more powerful bass (I didn't go for the momentum's though as I dislike too much treble). The controls work perfectly with the iphone to control music, take calls, use the camera and activate Siri. The headphones come with a case but to be honest it's a bit of a faff to use regularly especially if you are on the move with all the winding of the wires etc.

What I dislike about these headphones is that despite a decent fit and sound when inserted they keep slipping out and have to regularly be pushed back in. A C-tip design that prevents them falling out like the audio technica's would have actually been a good move here. What is even more annoying though and something I never experienced as a problem with any other earphones before, including my Sennheiser cx 300 ii's, is that the silicone ear adapters easily come off and get lost through normal use e.g. taking the earphones out of your ears (even gently), out of your bag or pockets, etc. I was lucky enough to find the adapters the first 2 times but 3rd time not so lucky and now have to fork out for more. So unless you want to keep paying for ear adapters every few months I'd probably avoid these.

Would I buy these again? If I was just considering the sound quality at the price they are, probably yes. But given the ear adapter problem, no, I expect better at this price and from a reputable brand like Sennheiser.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 7, 2016 2:51 PM GMT

Audio-Technica ATH-CKX5IS Sonic Fuel In Ear Headphones  -  Green
Audio-Technica ATH-CKX5IS Sonic Fuel In Ear Headphones - Green

2.0 out of 5 stars Great colour but tinny sound, 22 Aug. 2015
I bought these headphones after seeing them in a best headphones list when I was researching which ones to buy; I was drawn to these out of the lot because these were my favourite colour. I was looking for noise cancelling headphones that also allowed me to take calls and control music. The headphones are very comfortable for me and I love that they do not fall out. After a few months of using these I have to say that I find the sound quite disappointing, my previous Sennheiser mm30is had better (though not mind blowing) sound quality which cost around the same. The sound is somewhat unclear and treble is tinny. Also the volume slider doesn't control the actual volume on the device but uses whatever you've set on the device as the maximum volume which the slider can reduce if wanted whereas the Sennheisers can control the actual device volume. I would not purchase headphones from this brand again.

Fossil AM4601 40mm Silver Steel Bracelet & Case Mineral Women's Watch
Fossil AM4601 40mm Silver Steel Bracelet & Case Mineral Women's Watch

2.0 out of 5 stars Not for small wrists, 22 Aug. 2015
I really liked this watch because I love blingy watches but unfortunately even if links were removed the watch was too big for my wrists (which are 14cm) due to the size of the strap buckle. Such a shame that I had to return it as it was a nice watch.

Russell Hobbs Mini Chopper
Russell Hobbs Mini Chopper

1.0 out of 5 stars Not fit for purpose, 31 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Russell Hobbs Mini Chopper
Really poor and not what I would expect from such a well known brand. Firstly just getting this thing to line up properly to work takes quite a bit of work which is very annoying and a waste of time. The design of the blades and lack of power means that it won't even work properly if you're not putting a huge amount into the chopper (not really waht you expect from a mini chopper that should be able to handle smaller amounts). I tried making guacamole with one avocado in this, the blade barely even sliced the avocado let alone chop or blended it, it just got stuck and the higher blade didn't even do a thing. Wouldn't recommend buying this piece of rubbish. I got a braun one instead that I'm happy with which doesn't need to be lined up correctly to use and although the blades have a similar design, as it's more powerful it gets the job done anyway.

Creations Mini Chopper - Cream.
Creations Mini Chopper - Cream.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not fit for purpose, 31 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Creations Mini Chopper - Cream.

Caribee Departure Travel Bag - Black
Caribee Departure Travel Bag - Black
Offered by Tigerbags

4.0 out of 5 stars A great spacious and secure bag, just beware that it may destroy your tops, 18 Dec. 2014
Great unisex bag for travelling. I bought this bag as I wanted a bag which was large enough to hold everything I wanted, had zips rather than flaps, was preferably made from a long-wearing waterproof material, looked good and had a padded shoulder strap; this bag ticked all the boxes.

This bag is really very spacious, it doesn't look huge but it fits a LOT of stuff inside, more than I normally carry (and I'm the kind of person who likes to pack everything and the kitchen sink). I can fit a water bottle, umbrella, camera, phone and so many other things in here easily with more than enough extra space; I even ended up carrying half of my friend's stuff for her as I had so much space. There are numerous compartments to use as well which can be useful.

One of the main reasons I wanted this bag was that every compartment (except for a pocket on the side which is intentionally designed to be easy access) had a zip. This was very important to me as so many bags of this size have flaps which are secured by a buckle or velcro and this is just useless if you tilt your bag or it gets turned upside down as everything falls out and you could easily be pickpockets (I lost a wallet from a bag like this in Italy). With this bag I had no such worries as everything was secured by zips and if I wanted I could even put a lock through the zips.

The material is fairly waterproof and seems to be made out of the same material that most backpacks would be - certainly better than a canvas bag. The bag also can easily be used by men or women due to it's universal design and colour.

Where this bag fell down for me was on the strap which is why I gave it 4 rather than 5 stars. The strap will ruin most tops you have such as t-shirts because of the rubbing all day against the material. The only top of mine this did not ruin was a hoody as the material wasn't so easy to wear. Also the shoulder padding on the strap isn't fantastic and could almost not even be there.

A great spacious and secure bag, just beware that it may destroy your tops.

Ring RAC630 12V Automatic Digital Tyre Inflator with LED Light, Adaptor Set and Storage Case

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful little machine, 15 Dec. 2014
Great machine to be able to use at home at your convenience and without a queue of cars behind you. I dislike using the ones at petrol stations as often the length of the pump isn't quite long enough to use comfortably, some charge for the pump and the queue behind you can be irritating. This machine is a great and cheap alternative, plus I can use it for all sorts of other things like footballs, etc. I also like that this has a light that makes it useful to see in the dark when checking your tyre pressure or can just be used as a general light. It's also very useful if you keep it in the car and ever find yourself stranded needing to pump up your tyres or need a light.

The only downside of this machine is the brackets it has to keep in place the attachments like the needle to pump footballs aren't great and will not hold these in securely; consequently I've lost some of mine when using the machine. I'd advise taking these out and keeping them somewhere safe separately when you first get this machine.

Lever Action Jar Key Opener
Lever Action Jar Key Opener

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product. Does what it says on the tin, 18 Nov. 2014
Excellent product. Does what it says on the tin.... er jar. This works a treat and with any size jar and good value.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4