Profile for Cool dude > Reviews

Russell Hobbs Mini Chopper
Russell Hobbs Mini Chopper

1.0 out of 5 stars Not fit for purpose, 31 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Russell Hobbs Mini Chopper
Really poor and not what I would expect from such a well known brand. Firstly just getting this thing to line up properly to work takes quite a bit of work which is very annoying and a waste of time. The design of the blades and lack of power means that it won't even work properly if you're not putting a huge amount into the chopper (not really waht you expect from a mini chopper that should be able to handle smaller amounts). I tried making guacamole with one avocado in this, the blade barely even sliced the avocado let alone chop or blended it, it just got stuck and the higher blade didn't even do a thing. Wouldn't recommend buying this piece of rubbish. I got a braun one instead that I'm happy with which doesn't need to be lined up correctly to use and although the blades have a similar design, as it's more powerful it gets the job done anyway.

Creations Mini Chopper - Cream.
Creations Mini Chopper - Cream.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not fit for purpose, 31 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Creations Mini Chopper - Cream.

Caribee Departure Travel Bag - Black
Caribee Departure Travel Bag - Black
Offered by Bagable Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars A great spacious and secure bag, just beware that it may destroy your tops, 18 Dec. 2014
Great unisex bag for travelling. I bought this bag as I wanted a bag which was large enough to hold everything I wanted, had zips rather than flaps, was preferably made from a long-wearing waterproof material, looked good and had a padded shoulder strap; this bag ticked all the boxes.

This bag is really very spacious, it doesn't look huge but it fits a LOT of stuff inside, more than I normally carry (and I'm the kind of person who likes to pack everything and the kitchen sink). I can fit a water bottle, umbrella, camera, phone and so many other things in here easily with more than enough extra space; I even ended up carrying half of my friend's stuff for her as I had so much space. There are numerous compartments to use as well which can be useful.

One of the main reasons I wanted this bag was that every compartment (except for a pocket on the side which is intentionally designed to be easy access) had a zip. This was very important to me as so many bags of this size have flaps which are secured by a buckle or velcro and this is just useless if you tilt your bag or it gets turned upside down as everything falls out and you could easily be pickpockets (I lost a wallet from a bag like this in Italy). With this bag I had no such worries as everything was secured by zips and if I wanted I could even put a lock through the zips.

The material is fairly waterproof and seems to be made out of the same material that most backpacks would be - certainly better than a canvas bag. The bag also can easily be used by men or women due to it's universal design and colour.

Where this bag fell down for me was on the strap which is why I gave it 4 rather than 5 stars. The strap will ruin most tops you have such as t-shirts because of the rubbing all day against the material. The only top of mine this did not ruin was a hoody as the material wasn't so easy to wear. Also the shoulder padding on the strap isn't fantastic and could almost not even be there.

A great spacious and secure bag, just beware that it may destroy your tops.

Ring Automotive RAC630 Automatic Digital Compressor 12 V with LED Light
Ring Automotive RAC630 Automatic Digital Compressor 12 V with LED Light

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful little machine, 15 Dec. 2014
Great machine to be able to use at home at your convenience and without a queue of cars behind you. I dislike using the ones at petrol stations as often the length of the pump isn't quite long enough to use comfortably, some charge for the pump and the queue behind you can be irritating. This machine is a great and cheap alternative, plus I can use it for all sorts of other things like footballs, etc. I also like that this has a light that makes it useful to see in the dark when checking your tyre pressure or can just be used as a general light. It's also very useful if you keep it in the car and ever find yourself stranded needing to pump up your tyres or need a light.

The only downside of this machine is the brackets it has to keep in place the attachments like the needle to pump footballs aren't great and will not hold these in securely; consequently I've lost some of mine when using the machine. I'd advise taking these out and keeping them somewhere safe separately when you first get this machine.

Lever Action Jar Key Opener
Lever Action Jar Key Opener

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product. Does what it says on the tin, 18 Nov. 2014
Excellent product. Does what it says on the tin.... er jar. This works a treat and with any size jar and good value.

Pack of 5 - UK to EU Travel Adaptors
Pack of 5 - UK to EU Travel Adaptors
Offered by Slamtech Online

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value and built well, 5 May 2014
I highly recommend these travel adaptors. I used to buy the 3 pack ones from Argos for the EU or USA when going there and everytime I found that their adaptors would only last me 4-5 uses each before breaking as I could no longer insert a plug into them, I always ended up having to return them since they were not fit for purpose. These on the other hand feel much sturdier and just 1 adaptor was sufficient as I didn't need the spares in case it broke, it lasted me the whole week with no problems (usually by this time if it were the argos ones I would've gone through all of them as each one broke).

I'm pleased I've bought a good functioning set of travel adaptors that will last me a long time.

Green Bubbles Water Drops Rain (4 Coaster Set) Dinnerware, Furniture
Green Bubbles Water Drops Rain (4 Coaster Set) Dinnerware, Furniture
Offered by We Print For You

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful coasters, 19 April 2014
I love lime green so the design of these coasters caught my eye. They are absolutely beautiful and I'm really pleased with the purchase - so pleased in fact that I bought 2 more packs. The backing of the coasters is not cork as pictured but a black/dark brown coloured MDF type wood - which actually looks better in my opinion. Fantastic and would definltely recommend these, some of my friends have even commented how cool they look.

Slush Syrup: Pink Bubblegum flavour Single Home Bottle for making Slushies like Slush Puppie
Offered by Source 4 me

3.0 out of 5 stars Not quite to my taste, 29 Dec. 2013
This product was not quite to my taste as I was expecting something like those blue drinks you used to be able to buy from the newsagents. This has a slight sour note to it so it tastes more like those fizzy slushies you get from the cinema (without the fizz). Aside from the taste though it's a good product, nice size, long expiry date and even comes with free straws.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 13, 2015 11:07 AM GMT

Braun Oral-B Professional Care 1000 One-Mode Rechargeable Toothbrush (Packaging Varies)
Offered by Easy-Merchant

3.0 out of 5 stars Does the job well but battery life is ridiculous, 14 Sept. 2013
This toothbrush does what you need, it brushes your teeth and gives superior cleaning to a manual toothbrush. However, my problem with this toothbrush is the constant charging it needs now. It worked great for the first 2 years I had it but now it does not hold its charge long enough to be useful. I have another oral B toothbrush (one of the more advaned models) and bought this as a spare for on call shifts I used to do. My other toothbrush can last for weeks after a charge and is still going strong. This one had to be replaced after just 2 years but I suppose at this price it can be replaced without feeling too let down by how long it lasted.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 16, 2013 8:51 AM BST

Sennheiser CX 300-II Precision Noise-Isolating Ear-Canal Phones - Black (Eco Packaging)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great noise isolation & almost tangle free cable, 25 Jan. 2012
I love these headphones, had them nearly 3 years and they are still going strong (normally I would've forked out for a new pair by now). The sound quality is great and what you'd expect from a brand like Sennheiser. The noise isolation is top notch and means I can listen to my music on the tube without hearing any of the background noise and without having to increase my iphone volume to deafening levels just to be able to vaguely recognise a song. The cable is also made out of a material which doesn't allow it to tangle very easily which is great because I am familiar with having to waste a lot of time unravelling my headphones from the knots and tangles they magically manage to work themselves into just sitting in my bag. Would definitely buy again and amazing value because at the time I paid £13.99 for these direct from amazon!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4