Profile for Mazzerbigmelz > Reviews

Content by Mazzerbigmelz

Mazzerbigmelz

Apple iPhone 4 8GB SIM-Free - Black
Apple iPhone 4 8GB SIM-Free - Black

3.0 out of 5 stars Could have made more effort with cleaning/packaging the phone, 3 Dec. 2013
I ordered two refurbished iphone 4 phones for my parents as Christmas gifts because I think they're much simpler than the Galaxy Aces that they have (which frankly seem to be the worse phones I've ever come across!).

I've checked and they appear to be unlocked, but one phone was quite dirty and I had to use a pin and some muslin to clean into crevices as it had quite a build-up of what I can only describe as 'crud'. That doesn't bother me too much - I've cleaned that, but what does bother me is the packaging the phones have come in. I knew after reading reviews that you were lucky to get an original box, but I was expecting a replacement generic / plain box or something. Instead it came in a tatty/scratched small plastic bag, no wider than the phone. I can't exactly present them to my parents looking that way. I've checked online and there seem to be a considerable number of wholesalers who sell the packaging really cheaply (between £99p - £1.25) depending on how many you're ordering, so when you're forking out over £160 on a phone, I don't think it's too much to expect some kind of packaging - if it's this cheap. I don't know how I'm going to present these phones now and am a little disappointed, particularly since this company (which from previous reviews I read seem to have good customer service) is affiliated with Amazon (i.e. order is fulfilled by Amazon). Other than that I am hoping that both phones work - and Christmas Day will be the test of that !!

1000 Lives
1000 Lives
by Goldin Nan / Pattins

1.0 out of 5 stars Very Very Unhappy with Amazon, 22 Nov. 2013
This review is from: 1000 Lives (Paperback)
I'm sorry but this situation is totally unacceptable. This was a limited edition order - only 500 prints and you took my pre-order and pre-orders from many others like me, who you have now let down very badly.

I use Amazon a lot but this is very sharp practice and I am a very very unhappy customer.

Stop allowing pre-ordering on items if you don't have confirmed stock.

And while we're at it - stop selling US import Blurays that cannot be played in the UK without making that clear.

Very very unhappy.

Twilight Forever: The Complete Saga  [US Import] [Blu-ray] [Region A]
Twilight Forever: The Complete Saga [US Import] [Blu-ray] [Region A]
Offered by Newtownvideo_EU

1.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT BUY THIS IN YOU'RE IN THE UK!!!, 16 Nov. 2013
This is a region protected disk and unless you have a multi-region bluray player (not DVD player) which is capable of reading Region A Blurays - you will not be able to play this!!!

Unfortunately the seller does not make this clear :(
Comment Comments (7) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 15, 2013 8:26 PM GMT

The Purple Heart
The Purple Heart

5.0 out of 5 stars You'll love it, 23 Feb. 2013
This review is from: The Purple Heart (Kindle Edition)
This is one of those feel-good books that you just can't put down. The kind that makes you just a little bit giddy and gets you all excited.

It has a great plot twist and it's been the highlight of my week reading this.

I've also read another book by the same author ("The Cliff") which was also great. Very angsty and again, something you have to set aside time for because you have to read it in one sitting.

Looking forward to future work from this author !!!