Profile for Martina > Reviews

Martina (Italy)

Lost In A Moment
Lost In A Moment

5.0 out of 5 stars Good pop music, 18 Jan. 2007
This review is from: Lost In A Moment (Audio CD)
I used to be a Lene Marlin fan a few years ago, but I soon got tired and I had many doubts about getting this record, which is way I waited over a year after its release. I'm glad I decided to buy it and I recommend to anyone who likes good, easy to listen music. This record is the natural follow-up to Another Day, Lene's second album: the lyrics continue exploring love and loss, the songs are generally happier but still personal and sincere. My personal favourites are My Lucky Day, Hope You're Happy, Leave My Mind and the beautiful Eyes Closed. I admit it might sound slightly commercial at first listen, but if you look beyond the surface you'll find a truly talented female artist, and one that - finally - seems to care more about her music than her image. Well done!

Twelve Stops and Home
Twelve Stops and Home
Offered by DVD Overstocks

5.0 out of 5 stars Extraordinary, 16 Jan. 2007
This review is from: Twelve Stops and Home (Audio CD)
I don't usually write reviews but I just have to drop a few lines to say how great this album is. I got it from a friend and I was expecting it to be the usual "moany" sad indie record (which is OK for me, but gets a bit tiring at times), but when I first heard it I was shocked. Most songs are fast, upbeat and yes, a bit cheesy,but they really put a smile on your face and make you feel great. The few ballads are gorgeous and definitively not your average love song. Overall this cd doesn't sound like anything that's around at the moment, you will either love it or hate it but you'll never know until you listen to it. Give it a try.