Profile for James Ramone > Reviews

James Ramone "woodyf1"

WhatsApp
WhatsApp

1.0 out of 5 stars what on earth is going on?, 13 Dec. 2015
This review is from: WhatsApp (App)
Just when you think the Fire phone can't get any worse, whatsapp stops working as its apparently out of date with no update available. Sort this out please Amazon
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 14, 2015 8:27 PM GMT

VicTsing USB 3.0 to VGA - Silver
VicTsing USB 3.0 to VGA - Silver

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 2 Aug. 2015
Best thing I've bought in years. Good value, works perfectly, never had any issues with it.

All You Can Eat
All You Can Eat

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent album. Can't quite give it 5 stars as ..., 2 Aug. 2015
This review is from: All You Can Eat (Audio CD)
Excellent album. Can't quite give it 5 stars as it's not as good as Balls Out for me but still top notch Panther

CREST 3D WHITE LUXE GLAMOROUS WHITE TOOTHPASTE 3 PACK REMOVES 90% OF SURFACE STAINS
Offered by AUCTION MART

3.0 out of 5 stars Average at best, 2 Aug. 2015
Not bad but didn't overly notice a huge improvement following using the 3 tubes. I have used better ones from the supermarket.

Original KD's by Pacific Coast Sunglasses (SILVER MIRROR) KDs worn by JAX TELLER Biker on SONS of ANARCHY KD

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 2 Aug. 2015
These are the best sunglasses I have ever purchased. For £13 the value is fantastic, and the build quality is 100%. I can't see myself ever purchasing any other sunglasses. The seller "Original KD's" are excellent too, promptly answered a couple of questions and dispatched pretty much instantly.

Amazon Fire Phone, 32 GB (O2)
Amazon Fire Phone, 32 GB (O2)

2.0 out of 5 stars Sadly a massive let down, 29 Jan. 2015
I'm a huge fan of Amazon, I have shopped with them since 1998 and feel their service is faultless. Best prices and easiest company out there to deal with.........however this review isn't about Amazons general service it's about the Fire Phone, I very rarely write reviews but felt the need to leave this one.

Previously had an iPhone 5 which I was very happy with but fancied a change and went for the Fire Phone, sadly this has been a backward step and a mistake I'm going to have to take on the chin.

As you have probably guessed the biggest draw back is the app store, it is frankly terrible. How they expect you to operate without an official YouTube app is beyond me, yes you can visit the mobile site or the unofficial app but it's just not the same, very clunky and advert prone which just puts you off using it. The lack of other recognised apps is a major drawback too, no banking apps, minimal sporting or news apps, I'm really quite annoyed that I'm stuck with this phone for 2 years.

I'm also having some trouble with the music side of the phone too, every time I click on play it just indicates the track is loading (even if stored on my phone and not streaming), I have to restart the phone to get the music to play which is really annoying and I will be contacting Amazon / o2 about this.

The "dynamic perspective" doesn't really offer anything and is merely a gimmick which drains the battery. Same with the "firefly" function really, I haven't had one situation in general life where it has been of use to me.

With regards to browsing I feel this is also very poor in relation to security. With Apple I never had any problems with pop ups or dodgy links. Unfortunately with this I'm constantly bombarded with "adult" links and things saying "you have been compromised" (no I'm not visiting dodgy websites, I'm very strict with what I view).

Also when I click on the home button to open up the phone menu it flashes up then the screen shuts again. I often have to press the buttom around 4 or 5 times to get the screen to open.

Positives - The years free Amazon prime was brilliant as it has opened me up to "sons of anarchy" which is my favourite TV show in a long long time, however this offer isn't available any longer so this can't be mentioned as a current positive.

I also received a free Kindle Fire Tablet, again I don't rate this very highly either however it is convenient for quick browsing or reading the odd book, for a free item I can't complain too much.

The general feel of the phone is reasonable, all the menus are set out well and the layout is good. The camera is decent, no complaints on that front.

I have tried to "sideload" apps as has been mentioned as a way around Amazon restrictions however I found this difficult and gave up after an hour of downloading things and trying differnt options.

I have given the phone 2 stars, in reality 2.5 would probably be fairer but I can't give it a 3 as it just doesn't cut it. By simply opening up the phone officially to the google play store this would jump my rating to a 3.5 or possibly even a 4, however as it stands I would avoid this phone.

Sorry Amazon, you pressed the self destruct button by limiting the available apps.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 30, 2015 5:34 PM GMT

Avenged Sevenfold Pint Glass - 4 Pack
Avenged Sevenfold Pint Glass - 4 Pack

5.0 out of 5 stars Disagree with other review, 29 Nov. 2011
Had them over a year, the logo remains in tact and looks the same they did on the day they arrived, good quality. Obviously you pay more as they are official merchandise but good if you are a fan wanting something different.

The Spaghetti Incident?
The Spaghetti Incident?

5.0 out of 5 stars The most underrated album EVER, Musical excellence!! BUY IT, 4 Jan. 2004
This review is from: The Spaghetti Incident? (Audio CD)
This is just a brilliant album, and it isnt even the best that guns n roses have done, its only about 5th in the best gnr albums list. This album is VERY underrated by other websites and many gnr fans. the album has 12 tracks with a hidden track at the end as well. Best songs are Down and the Farm, which is an amazing song, Atittude and cant put your arms around a memory. Axl is excellent on vocals as usual, but Duff on vocals in many songs is nearly as good as axl. you have the usual guitar genius of Slash.

American Wedding
American Wedding
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT

5.0 out of 5 stars WHAT A CLASSIC MUSIC CD, BUY IT, 4 Sept. 2003
This review is from: American Wedding (Audio CD)
THIS IS SIMPLY BRILLIANT. MATT NATHANSON - LAID, WOT A SONG, ABSOLUTE GENIUS WORK HERE, BUY IT PLEASE

Rocks and Minerals (DK Handbooks)
Rocks and Minerals (DK Handbooks)
by Chris Pellant
Edition: Turtleback

5.0 out of 5 stars 100% PERFECT, 22 Nov. 2002
This book could not be better. I am studying geology AS/A2 level at sixth form and was struggling to get to grips with alot of the rocks and minerals, i then bought this book from amazon, (great delivery) and it has helped me massively, for anyone doing geology at AS/A2 this book is a simple MUST HAVE. Buy this book now, you will regret it if you dont.