Profile for Belinda L > Reviews

Content by Belinda L

Belinda L (London, England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-14
12x Dinosaur Gliders (4 Assorted Designs)
12x Dinosaur Gliders (4 Assorted Designs)
Offered by Top Deals 4 You - UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant for the summer fair., 20 Jun. 2016
Great value for the school summer fair. They were prizes on my 'lucky dip' stand.

They are made of polystyrene, simply put the wings through the slot, push the tail into its slot - make sure it goes on all the way, and - most important - put the small plastic clip which is in the packet on the nose. At first I nearly missed this vital last step as I didn't notice it still in the packet.

then it ready to fly!
brilliant - you can't go wrong with these

Galopar Heavy Duty Cross Luggage Straps Adjustable Suitcase Combination Travel Accessory Suitcase Belts-Green
Offered by Galopar

5.0 out of 5 stars Identify your Case - and Keep it Together!, 5 Jun. 2016
Two tough webbing straps connected together at a right angle. I fitted mine to the suitcase I travel with, the one that fits my 20kg allowance in.

My case is (approx) 71cms long x 46cms wide and 26cms high.
The straps can adjust their length by sliding the black bar, and running the extra webbing through the clip at the end.
To get this to just the right size on my case took me about 10mins, but once fitted to your case it is then easy to clip the straps on and off.
One strap is longer than the other, and extends to a maximum of 191cms, including the clip, the other is 180cms long.
So the one that goes round the case is quite long, but check the one that is the length of the case.
The tough black clips are easy to operate by squeezing in their sides. They clip together with a satisfying 'click'

The bright colour is great for standing out from the crowd, and these would also work well round any large bag.
Remember also to feed the strap under your handle or else you won't be able to carry your case!
Overall, I think these are a great idea, and well made. Much cheaper than someone else running off with your luggage, or it all bursting open on the carousel!

Please note that I was supplied this item for free in exchange for a fair and honest review.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Rose Kuli Compass Waterproof Hiking Military Navigation Compass,Best Compass For Hiking Climbing Camping Survival

4.0 out of 5 stars However this means it won't be easy to find if you drop it in long grass, 2 Jun. 2016
This is an actual working compass, for taking bearing when you are out walking. When closed up it's about 7.5cms long by 5,5cms wide and is a dark 'army' green, with a brass loop to hang it by (for instance round your neck). However this means it won't be easy to find if you drop it in long grass! It also has a small magnifying glass on it to use on your map, and for seeing the bearing.

Either side of the compass the lid hinges open, giving you two 'sights' -
Make sure the compass is level.
Spin the top of the compass so the yellow line lines up with the front sight.
look through them both the sights at the same time, (see my picture)
have something in the distance you are looking at, such as a church spire, lighthouse, lake or some such thing that you are walking to.
Then slightly tip the sight with the magnifying glass in it forward to look at the bearing on the dial
Then carefully look at the number (or bearing) the yellow line is over, such as 125 degrees.
This is the bearing that you then want to follow to get to your destination.

If you want to find this on a map, put the compass on the map and make the map point north so the compass and the map are aligned to North - presuming you know where you are you can then look at the bearing from the compass, follow its line, and the 'thing' you have seen should be on that line.

This compass is also divided into 64ths, which I believe the army use, as you can then calculate distance of objects.

I have only given this 4 starts as on the down side,
the numbers and degree markings are very small and somewhat difficult to see (even though it has a magnifier on it)
the 0 to 64 is on the outer edge and easier to read than the inner bearing (only good if you are using the army use)
the scale along the edge of the compass housing for measuring kms on a 1:25000 map are impossible to see
The metal point of the compass is not quite aligned with the zero...
There are almost no instructions with it, only those printed on the box, which have some typing errors in them.

However for £10 this is great for a child starting out, who may very well loose it, or someone who just wants the general idea. Personally I would not use it to go somewhere remote and long distance, I would be a bit worried about being found three years later just as a pile of bones in a tent...

Second Nature Flowers Design Pop-Up Birthday Card
Second Nature Flowers Design Pop-Up Birthday Card

5.0 out of 5 stars Bright and Beautiful, 2 Jun. 2016
Brilliant! This lasts much longer than a real bunch of flowers, and easier to send too!
This card was smaller than I was expecting, it's a little taller than a normal sized card. But once open is bright and beautiful. There is both a small tag on the front and a panel at the back for writing your message on. (See my photos). It looks good on a mantlepiece, and is a talking point too. It is also easy to refold to get in the envelope.

Just remember to put a 'large letter' stamp on it, as it is thicker than an ordinary card when in the envelope.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Gourmesso Ristretto Blend Forte - 50 Nespresso Compatible Coffee Capsules - Fair Trade | High Intensity
Offered by Gourmesso

5.0 out of 5 stars Strong coffee for my Nespresso, 1 Jun. 2016
I have a Nespresso machine, and was looking for a cheaper alternative coffee pod to the original - well I think I have found it here. Each box contains 10 pods. They are packaged in foil packs of two, so stay fresh. The actual pod has a foil cap. and a plastic base so the coffee grounds are well sealed in.

Drop it in your machine as usual and the top is punctured in the same way. The coffee is strong and full of flavour, same as the original. The only thing I have found is that they sometimes don't down drop down into the bin part of my coffee machine all the way, and I don't realise until I go to do another one and my machine won't work. But it only takes a quick poke with a finger from either above or below and it falls out fine.

Mine were posted from Germany, (and took a few days to arrive) and I had to pay a largish postage price, if they could reduce that it would be brilliant.

The Very Best of Prince
The Very Best of Prince
Offered by DVDMAX-UK

5.0 out of 5 stars To Remember Prince, 1 Jun. 2016
This review is from: The Very Best of Prince (Audio CD)
When Prince died, and I heard all his wonderful music on the radio, I remembered how much it all meant to me. This album has the perfect selection of hits to sing along to, and dance to - just as Prince would have wanted it. These 17 songs are spread across a number of years and albums, 1999, Purple Rain, Sign O the times and others. There is no Lyric sheet - but some lovely photos.

Go on treat yourself and "Go Crazy' 'Get the Look' and remember these were a 'Sign O the Times'

Thunder Toffee Vodka, 70 cl
Thunder Toffee Vodka, 70 cl
Offered by 31DOVER Next Day Delivery

5.0 out of 5 stars Nectar of the Gods!, 30 May 2016
This review is from: Thunder Toffee Vodka, 70 cl (Wine)
This is just too delicious!
Drink it straight or with ice. Yes it's vodka but the taste is smooth and easy to drink. If you like toffee you will LOVE this.
Works on its own, or after dinner as a dessert alcohol.

Brilliant, and different everyone will love this and you for serving it to them!

Second Nature Pop Up Greeting Card for Good Luck
Second Nature Pop Up Greeting Card for Good Luck

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent! This card was slightly smaller than I was ..., 26 May 2016
Excellent! This card was slightly smaller than I was expecting, when collapsed is the same size as a normal card, it springs open and then is wider and a little bit taller - see my photo - it is bright and makes a lovely gift in itself, This one is the 'Good Luck' but there are several in the range that are all equally bright and full of detail.

You can either write on the small tag that hangs off the front, and it also has a small blank panel on the back. I highly recommend this style of card for brightening up someone's day.

Please note that you do need a 'large letter' stamp for at as it is quite thick when in the supplied envelope. Highly recommended.

Vitax 200g Fruit Tree Grease
Vitax 200g Fruit Tree Grease
Offered by Mixles

5.0 out of 5 stars Trap those bugs!, 2 May 2016
This is a thick black sticky grease. I dipped my finger in the tub then smeared it all round the trunks of my small fruit trees. A week later I noticed a number of tiny bugs stuck to it, which were otherwise on their way up the trees ready to reproduce and lodge themselves in the leaves and fruit of my apples!

This is best applied before spring, as that's when the insects are active. It stays on too. Although it has been really windy, rainy and stormy the grease is still there and still sticky. This seems like a great and simple saluting to a buggy problem!

Sports Bluetooth Headphones, Mixcder Basso Bluetooth Headset with Noise Cancelling Mic, Sweatproof Wireless Earphones, In-ear Headsets for Running Workout Gym Cycle, Earbuds for Apple iPhone 6, Samsung and other Anroid Mobile Phones

5.0 out of 5 stars Super sounds via bluetooth, 25 April 2016
These stylish bluetooth headphones, are lightweight and easy to operate. I started by using them to listen to music round the house. I connected them to my iphone by,
Turning on the bluetooth on my phone
Go to settings, bluetooth, and watch under the 'my devices' section
Press and hold the power button, and Mixcder Basso will appear then, tap it on your phone and you're all ready to play your music. To disconnect just turn off the bluetooth. The same routine applies for an iPad.
They are comfortable and light to wear, and my glasses fit over them when required. I haven't been running in them, but they stay on well when doing the housework combined with dancing round the lounge! I also love the little volume control which is easy to use, with its three buttons, volume up, volume down and power/pause button. They have a good stereo and bass sound. They will tell you if you have an incoming call.The range seems to be great too, I can leave my phone in the kitchen and go all round the house, upstairs and down.

They charge easily with a USB lead which is supplied. They also come with a hard carry case which is approx 11cms x 6cms and has a useful belt clip. I love these functional, bright, fun speakers, and thanks to bluetooth no more tangled wires connect to my phone. I now use them everywhere!

I was provided with these for free in exchange for an honest review.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-14