Profile for Lola...x > Reviews

Lomography Diana Instant Back+
Lomography Diana Instant Back+
Offered by Bear And Bear Gifts

5.0 out of 5 stars Hello, new polaroid! .., 30 Dec. 2010
My friends brought me one of these just after I got my Diana F+ and I love them both!

The instant back is so easy to use - I've never used a polaroid before so I can't comment on the differences / similarities but it really is very simple You literally turn it on, take your picture/s, press the button and hey presto it's done. Simples.

Whilst I do love it there are a few negative points I've noticed after finishing my first cartridge of 10 exposures. In no particular order:

- It'a fairly big, pretty bigger than the Diana itself and makes it slightly awkward when taking a picture.
- What you see in the viewfinder isn't what comes out in the picture. Not too much of a problem but it takes some getting used to - object must be central to avoid cropping anything out!
- The film is so darn expensive! The cheapest I've managed to find it is just over £7 for an individual cartridge of 10 exp. - Pretty reasonable compared to some of the extortionate prices I've been seeing!
- Once you've loaded film into the back you can't remove it until you've finished the pack. Again, not a huge problem but it's sometimes annoying when you want to save it or switch back to 35mm/120mm.
- Batteries drain very quickly if you forget to turn it off!

Having said all of the above, the positives dramatically outweigh the negatives - I love my instant back. If you've got a Diana then you NEED one!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 30, 2014 7:22 PM BST

A Piece Of Cake
A Piece Of Cake
by Cupcake Brown

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, 22 Feb. 2007
This review is from: A Piece Of Cake (Paperback)
This review isn't to tell people about this book but to simply tell people that it is a MUST READ. When I first looked at it I thought that it was way too dense and that I probably wouldn't get through the whole thing; to look at it it's quite intimidating. However, once I got over the size of the book I just got lost in it. I often missed my stop on the tube or bus as I was so into it that I forgot where I was. I enjoy these kinds of books and I often find myself welling up with tears as I read one, from the horrendous ordeals people go through. But with this book Cupcake Brown added so much humour that I felt for her but I couldn't help myself from laughing at the things she'd written. She has a unique writing style that just captured me. For anyone that enjoys this genre then I would definitely recommend this book!