Profile for SianMac > Reviews

SianMac (Scotland, UK)

A Song of Shadows: A Charlie Parker Thriller: 13
A Song of Shadows: A Charlie Parker Thriller: 13

2.0 out of 5 stars Tiresome Ghosty Stuff, 4 July 2016
With so many five star ratings, I don't suppose there's any point in saying, Please John, would you cool it with the supernatural tosh? I used to love these books, but the ghosts are getting more attention than the great characters and now I remember why I didn't bother with the last few novels.

Jar City (Reykjavik Murder Mysteries Book 1)
Jar City (Reykjavik Murder Mysteries Book 1)

1.0 out of 5 stars Once More Baffled by Rave Reviews..., 12 Feb. 2013
I started off giving it the benefit of the doubt; the main character was very likeable, so maybe it was just a bad translation. Sadly no. Things got embarassingly bad and once again I was left feeling fed up and vaguely worried I am in danger of turning into once of those crazy conspiracy theorists; what is with all the rave reviews for books so awful they are a hair's breadth from unreadable (if only I weren't so nosey; I'd save myself a lot of pain)?
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 26, 2013 2:41 PM BST

Hanging Hill
Hanging Hill

1.0 out of 5 stars Bewildered, 31 May 2012
This review is from: Hanging Hill (Kindle Edition)
I am as bewildered by the number of good reviews as I am by the fact that this novel was not from an earlier - much earlier - time in Mo Hayders career. I loved everything about her other novels; her characters, the originality of her ideas, how daringly dark and nasty they are. I find it hard to believe Hanging Hill is by the same author. Everything about it is weak and everyone in it is irritating, and not in a good way. I'll be wary of spending money on this author again.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 26, 2013 7:30 PM BST