Profile for Sarah Sinclair > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Fifty-Six: The Story of the Bradford Fire
Fifty-Six: The Story of the Bradford Fire

5.0 out of 5 stars Heartbreaking and thought provoking, 29 Jan. 2017
In 2000 whilst I was on a NEBOSH health & safety course I was shown the a video clip of the Bradford City fire. It was chilling and very uncomfortable to watch. The speed in which the flames consumed the stand was incredible and the the scenes of people on fire were horrific. Recently there was a small electric fire at the office where I work, as soon as the alarm was raised the fire evacuation procedures were immediately executed by the firms many fire wardens. This made me realise how fortunate me and my colleagues were to work in an environment where health & safety wasn't an optional extra. I find it absolutely outrageous that just over 30 years ago people went to a football match and 56 never returned the others came home with indelible scars, changed forever. The book talks about the shambles that was the official inquiry. A major disaster, 56 dead and hundreds badly injured and a inquiry that lasted a week! What an insult - to the victims and their families and to justice! The book also highlights that the 80's was a decade of capitalism, get rich quick and deregulation the consequences of which was disastrous!! Martin Fletcher has certainly done his family proud in writing this book and raising questions that should have been raised at the inquiry. The 56 should never be forgotten nor should the survivors.

Guess The Emoji
Guess The Emoji

5.0 out of 5 stars great, 2 April 2014
This review is from: Guess The Emoji (App)
This is a really good app it is quick and hassle free
More apps should be made like this
Sometimes I wish it would be more obvious
All in all a really good app

The Princes in the Tower : Cold Case Re-opened (True Historical Crime)
The Princes in the Tower : Cold Case Re-opened (True Historical Crime)

5.0 out of 5 stars Cold case reopened: Who done it?, 24 Mar. 2014
I like the way this book was presented, it's format made the content easy to understand and follow. The arguments for and against each 'suspect' were put forward in a clear and concise way. I also like how this book did nit patronize the reader. I would look forward to more books by Mr Garber.

94 Degrees
94 Degrees

5.0 out of 5 stars really good worth getting, 10 Mar. 2014
This review is from: 94 Degrees (App)
This is an amazing app. It questions your knowledge on basic but unknowing things. Not so happy about that you have to wait quite a while to get more pins but other than that it is a great game

The Making of Manchester (The making of.)
The Making of Manchester (The making of.)

5.0 out of 5 stars Informative and easy to read, 21 Feb. 2014
I particularly enjoyed reading about the City during the medieval period and Barons of Manchester. And the chapter on the Manchester Ship Canal was very informative. I felt quite proud after finishing this book. Worth a read!

Tameside Through Time
Tameside Through Time

5.0 out of 5 stars An enjoyable read., 19 Feb. 2014
I've lived in Tameside for 13 years now and I often wonder what it used to be like in days gone by. Tameside Through Time is just the book I needed. I thoroughly enjoyed reading it and looking at the pictures. This book has certainly wet my appetite to discover more about my local area.

Escape The Titanic
Escape The Titanic

4.0 out of 5 stars ok, 16 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Escape The Titanic (App)
Great game but it could need some work doing. You have to pay for stuff. Not compressed by that. I think it is a good not perfect. Gives you something to do

Demon Dentist
Demon Dentist

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 5 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Demon Dentist (Kindle Edition)
So funny defiantly get it. Touching and heart warming. Really good. Want to read it again. Must buy. The next Ronald Dahl

Queen Victoria's Children
Queen Victoria's Children

5.0 out of 5 stars Interesting, 8 Sept. 2013
Not that much different to any other family really. A good read. I would recommend it. It was insightful and informative.

My Fabulous Look Book (Klutz)
My Fabulous Look Book (Klutz)
by Editors of Klutz
Edition: Spiral-bound

5.0 out of 5 stars Speedy delivery., 26 Mar. 2013
Bought this as a wrap up for my daughter's 11th birthday. She loves drawing and thought this would be a fun way for her to develop her drawing. I'm sure she's going to love it.

Page: 1 | 2