Profile for Ironista > Reviews

Content by Ironista

Ironista (London, UK)

Diva Professional Styling Veloce 3800 Red Rubberised Hairdryer
Diva Professional Styling Veloce 3800 Red Rubberised Hairdryer

5.0 out of 5 stars Makes a real difference to my long, thick hair, 26 April 2012
Bought this when my old hairdryer packed up. Bit pricey but worth every penny. Delivers fantastic results on my thick long wavy hair which used to be so dry before and is now manageable and glossy. I had reached the stage where I was using all sorts of serums, deep conditioners, argan oil etc. With this hairdryer I can just use my regular shampoo and conditioner and then a spritz of conditioner spray before drying and results are super glossy and sleek. I also don't have to use my hair straighteners as often because there is no frizz and craziness.

A Voice For Now: Changing the way we see ourselves as women
A Voice For Now: Changing the way we see ourselves as women
by Anne Dickson

5.0 out of 5 stars A Gentle Revolution, 31 Aug. 2009
I urge all women to read Anne Dickson's book, A Voice for Now. I read the book in the space of a day as it was hard to put down. The book encourages a new way of looking at the world and at ourselves as women.

Breaking Free: Help for survivors of child sexual abuse (Insight)
Breaking Free: Help for survivors of child sexual abuse (Insight)
by Carolyn Ainscough

5.0 out of 5 stars The beginning of the end, 3 Feb. 2009
I picked this up in a "Books on Prescription" display at my local library. At that time I was going through counselling for depression and this book helped me to understand so many things about how abuse had affected me. One of the things I really liked was that it was a UK book and so the stories of the women in the book felt so close and real, and the resources suggested were in the UK. I don't feel alone any more. I don't feel "different" or "guilty": that is priceless.