Profile for Pear Tree > Reviews

The Five Minute Coach: Improve Performance Rapidly
The Five Minute Coach: Improve Performance Rapidly
by Lynne Cooper

5.0 out of 5 stars Quick to learn practical and empowering skills, 28 Aug. 2012
Although aimed at the business market The five minute Coach offers a clean language approach for working with others and equally with ourselves in all environments. i have already applied this with success in several meetings and with my child. In addition I tackled a difficult life issue of my own and got rapid insights which felt empowering. It is a deeply respectful process and helps us with truly listening as well as helping the other listen. This surely is the key to excellent communication.

I have found myself fascinated with clean language. I think it will become a mainstream tool as it is so effective and simple. This book is a great contribution.

Permaculture Design: A Step by Step Guide
Permaculture Design: A Step by Step Guide

5.0 out of 5 stars A hands on Designer's handbook, 22 Jun. 2012
Having trained and worked as a Landscape Architect and a Permaculture Designer I find this book a welcome companion as I tackle my latest projects. This book sits on the table next to me to dip into when I hit blank moments. I particularly like the photos, diagrams and flowcharts. Even though I have a great relevant background, I think the design process can be complex and daunting. Aranya breaks it down into accessible pieces. The book can be read cover to cover or dipped into. And can fit into a bag or a big pocket!

Aranya gives generously in his teachings and contributions to Permaculture. This book is packed full of comprehensive information and practical tips. It is a real gift to the Permaculture world.

If you are new to Permaculture I would recommend a different book to start with. If you want to do Permaculture Design, this is written for you.

I recommend this book to all designers land, building or otherwise. Especially beginners and experienced.