Profile for Careyjo > Reviews

Content by Careyjo

Careyjo (Rutland, England)

Unbreak My Heart (Rough Riders Legacy Book 1)
Unbreak My Heart (Rough Riders Legacy Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't stop reading!!!, 23 Jun. 2016
I adore Lorelei's books and I've been looking forward to reading Sierra and Boone's story for so long......and I was not disappointed! It was wonderful to be back with the McKays, and once I'd started I couldn't stop..... oh just one more chapter....finally got to bed at 3.30am!!! Loved it, and now can't wait for the next in the series. Thank you Lorelei!

Long Hard Ride (Rough Riders Book 1)
Long Hard Ride (Rough Riders Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Hot sexy cowboys!, 28 Mar. 2015
I love Lorelei James, and I love cowboys.... This is the first in her Rough Riders series.... and I am hooked!!!

Corralled (Blacktop Cowboys Book 1)
Corralled (Blacktop Cowboys Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great sexy cowboy series, 28 Mar. 2015
Like several of the other reviewers here LJ is an auto buy for me. I absolutely adore her Rough Riders series and had high expectations for the Blacktop Cowboys. I was not disappointed, and although not quite as humorous as the RRs I really enjoyed Corralled, the first in the series. Well written, romantic and SEXY!!! Another great sexy cowboy series from Lorelei James.

Crashed (The Driven Series Book 3)
Crashed (The Driven Series Book 3)

5.0 out of 5 stars What a ride!!!, 6 May 2014
WOW! I absolutely LOVED this trilogy, and although I didn't want it to end KB has done a wonderful job and given Colton & Rylee the HEA they truly deserve. I suppose I should really give only 4.5 stars as there was a bit if repetition, but I enjoyed the story so much, adored Rylee for fighting so hard, and fell in love with damaged, sexy bad boy Colton. I laughed and cried with them, and for the first time ever couldn't move straight on to another book, I needed time to let it all sink in. I loved the romantic scavenger hunt and the epilogues, particularly the "10 years later". All in all, wonderful, I can't wait for Becks & Haddie's story, and would love a book about Zander......please!!!

Wanted: Most Wanted Book 1
Wanted: Most Wanted Book 1

5.0 out of 5 stars Want more!!!, 7 April 2014
I thought Damien Stark (The Stark Trilogy) would be a hard act to follow, but Evan Black is just as hot and gorgeous. WOW! I loved Wanted, it's well written, sexy & engrossing. I couldn't put it down....but I didn't want it to end either, and now I can't wait to read the rest of this new series. Highly recommended.

Seasonal Baking: Celebrating the baking year with classic cakes, cupcakes, biscuits and delicious treats
by Fiona Cairns

5.0 out of 5 stars Looks good, tastes good, 9 Dec. 2013
I loved Fiona's previous books, and this one is just as good. Lovely to look at, with clear instructions. The recipes really work. Fiona has got me baking again, and my family love it!!!

Gone Country (Rough Riders Book 14)
Gone Country (Rough Riders Book 14)

5.0 out of 5 stars Lorelei does it again!, 7 Jan. 2013
I have loved all of the Rough Riders series, and Gone Country is no exception. Great storytelling, sexy and romantic, those McKay/West cowboys are seriously HOT! I adored Gavin, he may be a Daniels, but he's all McKay! I liked that he and Rielle were a bit older, and although I wasn't sure about Rielle to start with I warmed to her as she and Gavin got more involved. Hopefully we will hear more about Sierra & Boone, and Rory in the future.

These are not stand alone books, Gone Country is number 14 in a planned series of 16, with Dalton McKay up next (May 2013 hopefully). Lorelei has achieved something special, keeping each story fresh and so sexy, and creating characters that we care about. I love catching up with members of the McKay/West clan with each new book. They feel like old friends, and although I can't wait for the next book it will be a very sad day when this series comes to an end!

I will just have to read them all again!

Rocky Mountain Angel (Six Pack Ranch Book 4)
Rocky Mountain Angel (Six Pack Ranch Book 4)

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this Rocky Mountain Cowboy, 8 Dec. 2012
Vivian has done it again, I adored Gabe! I've read and loved the all previous books, and agree with other reviewers that it's better to read the books in order. This book is just as good as the others, and I can't wait for the next in the series.

True Blood - Season 1-4 Complete (HBO) [DVD] [2012]
True Blood - Season 1-4 Complete (HBO) [DVD] [2012]
Dvd ~ Anna Paquin

5.0 out of 5 stars Truely Fantastic!, 30 Nov. 2012
Stuck in bed for a week with flu and watched all four seasons back to back! Including most of the 'extras'. Now I can follow season 5, currently showing on TV. I had seen most of season 1 when it was first shown, but for one reason or another (husband not really in to it) I didn't persevere. Now I'm back on track and so glad I tried again. Dark, funny, sexy. It is all I had hoped for, and then some. Yes, some of the writing is a bit weak in places, but overall it's fantastic. Love Pam, Jessica and Lafeyette, and could watch Alcide all day long. Thank goodness HBO has committed to season 6. As others have said, waiting "SUCKS!".

Bake & Decorate
Bake & Decorate
by Fiona Cairns

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy and Inspirational, 18 April 2010
This review is from: Bake & Decorate (Hardcover)
I love this book, it has inspired me to start baking again, much to my sons' delight. It is beautiful to look at and easy to use, full of recipes that work (the shortbread is heaven) and ideas for easy decoration. A lovely present!