Profile for Benjamin > Reviews

Content by Benjamin

Benjamin

Moods of Future Joys: Around the World by Bike - Part 1
Moods of Future Joys: Around the World by Bike - Part 1

5.0 out of 5 stars This book will make you want to cycle the world. Its truly excellent., 15 Nov. 2011
Al's work should come with some kind of warning - his words can give you a case of seriously itchy feet. I found Al's work by accident perusing the shelves of my local book store before a long train journey. I'm not normally an avid reader but I did find it hard to put this book down.
The best bit about reading this book is that I then cyber stalked Al online only to find a treasure trove of articles he has written or collated on his blog. This is well worth a look, especially the stuff around his concept of microadventures which seems to have struck a cord with a huge cross section of the twitteratti. Having read this book, and the follow up, Im eagerly awaiting his next tale about crossing India on foot. Recommended.

Cold Wars
Cold Wars
by Andy Kirkpatrick

4.0 out of 5 stars An honest frank and emotional read. Sprinkled with the odd laugh., 15 Nov. 2011
This review is from: Cold Wars (Hardcover)
I was introduced to Andy's work via my brother, who described him as climber that can endure more suffering than most in the pursuit of adventure. This book, the first I've read from Andy Kirkpatrick, was utterly brilliant. I was expecting a straightforward tale of climbing mountains in remote areas but what I got was an honest frank and emotionally engaging story that was enthralling and frequently laugh out loud funny. I look forward to tucking into some more of Andy' work. Recommended.

One Day
One Day
by David Nicholls

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the greats, 12 May 2011
This review is from: One Day (Paperback)
Its rare I get emotionally caught up in a book but having just completed One Day, very late last night, I feel sad that I wont be peering into the worlds of Em and Dex. Its like saying goodbye to two great friends. One of the best books I have read in a long time.

Agile Product Management with Scrum: Creating Products that Customers Love (Addison-Wesley Signature)
by Roman Pichler

5.0 out of 5 stars A fantastic book on Agile Product Management, 6 Oct. 2010
A great book for anyone transitioning into the role of a Product Manager or as reference to those who have done the job for some time. I've purchased a few copies for my team and it serves as a great way for all involved to understand how a Product Manager fits into the Scrum process and how they add value. I'd like to see more from Roman on this subject. Highly recommended.