Profile for Anita J. Martin > Reviews

Content by Anita J. Martin

Anita J. Martin (Fife, Scotland)

Page: 1 | 2
Amisa Organic Spelt Melba Toasts 200 g (Pack of 6)
Amisa Organic Spelt Melba Toasts 200 g (Pack of 6)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for grilling something on top of them and make ..., 23 Oct. 2015
Crisp and light. Great for grilling something on top of them and make good croutons as well. They are organic and one of my family's staples. The only thing is that they are expensive. Tesco used to sell them for £2.00 a box but stopped selling them. The price isn't terrible through subscribe and save. Definitely a premium item at a premium price, but worth it in my opinion.

OXO Good Grips Egg Slicer
OXO Good Grips Egg Slicer

3.0 out of 5 stars I love Oxo Good Grips and expected this product to be ..., 6 Oct. 2015
I love Oxo Good Grips and expected this product to be of the same great standard. It is clever because it is easy to cut your egg in both directions making it easy to cut for egg salad. However, in practice the blades drag, causing the egg not to cut cleanly. Then bits of egg get stuck in it, and I find them very had to clean off. This is a product that should be in the top of the range for egg slicers, but its execution lets it down.

1x Brabantia universal replacement catch for all Touch & Twin Bin dirtbins and breadbins with Touch Bin lock 383809
Offered by Binionaire

5.0 out of 5 stars It was easy to take out the old catch and replace it ..., 6 Oct. 2015
I am so thankful for being able to obtain this product. My bin lid started not catching and I thought that I would have to replace the whole lid. I was thrilled that I could purchase the catch. It was easy to take out the old catch and replace it with the new one, and hopefully it will last as long as the original catch did.

Spanish Chocolate Company Thick Hot Chocolate Drink 350 g (Pack of 3)
Spanish Chocolate Company Thick Hot Chocolate Drink 350 g (Pack of 3)

3.0 out of 5 stars So my husband liked the taste, 6 Oct. 2015
The directions for this hot chocolate is 3 - 4 heaped teaspoons with 150 ml hot milk added to it. It was very thick with the 4 heaped teaspoons, nearly too thick. I was excited to get this product and try it. I couldn't try it though because it uses wheat as a thickener and I am intolerant. Also, the first ingredient is sugar. So my husband liked the taste, but I am disappointed to the amount of sugar in the product and the inclusion of wheat as a thickener.

Hasslachers Solid Bar Colombian Drinking Chocolate 250 g
Hasslachers Solid Bar Colombian Drinking Chocolate 250 g
Offered by Hasslacher's

3.0 out of 5 stars It is to be melted with the milk over simmering heat until the chocolate is dissolved and then whisked if you would like your ho, 6 Oct. 2015
This is 100& cocoa solids. The instructions are to use 2 cubes in a mug of milk (no amount) so I am not sure how much milk it supposed to be matched with the 2 cubes. It is to be melted with the milk over simmering heat until the chocolate is dissolved and then whisked if you would like your hot chocolate frothy. The directions say to add sugar to taste. It is very bitter without any sugar, and with the amount of milk I chose to use, it was watery. I tried again with more cubes and it did make a more chocolate mixture, but still very thin and even more bitter. When I added a teaspoon of sugar to mine, I thought that the taste was good. My husband needed to add two plus teaspoons before he felt that it wasn't too bitter. I like being in control about how much sugar is added, and since it is only made up of cocoa solids, it isn't surprising that it is thin. If it were thicker, it would be more satisfying and more of what I am looking for in a cup of hot chocolate.

Wellaby's Sea Salt Lentil Chips 140 g (Pack of 6)
Wellaby's Sea Salt Lentil Chips 140 g (Pack of 6)

5.0 out of 5 stars I love these. Sainsburys used to sell them and have ..., 16 Dec. 2014
I love these. Sainsburys used to sell them and have stopped so I looked for another source. They are crisp and for my tastes, have just the right amount of salt. They are higher in protein and lower in calories than many other snack and I do feel that they that they help with my appetite. They are also gluten free which is something I need. I eat them as they are. I never entertained using them with dip or anything else.

30 Wireless LED Christmas Tree Candle Lights
30 Wireless LED Christmas Tree Candle Lights

4.0 out of 5 stars Effective but fiddly, 2 Jan. 2014
I loved the idea of these candles with no wires. They do clamp to the tree very well and look great. I purchased two packs for my 7 ft tree, and really one back would have done. I purchased cheap batteries and they were eaten through quickly. I have two control Duracell candles which are still going so will use better batteries next year. The only issue I have with them is that putting the batteries in the candles can be fiddly, with the cap not closing easily on some of them, and for some reason on the tree some of candles had worked themselves loose and turned off, needing to be re-tightened. One of the thirty I used has ceased to work, nothing apparent to why.
But the effect is really great so I am happy that I purchased these and plan to use them for many years. The ability to put a light exactly where you want it is wonderful.

Clover Double Tracing Wheel
Clover Double Tracing Wheel
Offered by M&S SEWING MACHINES

5.0 out of 5 stars Ingenious marking tool, 21 Oct. 2013
It is great to be able to run along one line and create two line markings. And it can mark multiple widths making this tool very useful for multiple applications, from marking seam allowances to creating cord or elastic placement. It feels nice and sturdy in the hand too. Another great product from Clover.

Amaizin Organic Corn Rolls Chilli 100 g (Pack of 7)
Amaizin Organic Corn Rolls Chilli 100 g (Pack of 7)

5.0 out of 5 stars Fiery and fun, 18 Sept. 2013
These cornrolls are very delicious. Too delicious to be honest as I sadly tended to eat a whole bag in a short time. Amaizin is a wonderful company. Their products are organic and so no artificial anything. This is wonderful, and if you don't take too long to eat the bag, there is no issue. However, being all natural, they will tend to "air" fairly quickly after opening. But the taste and benefit of having organic is worth the risk. It would be nice to have these in single serving packs to help with portion control and to make sure the experience of them is always the freshest.

Noxzema Deep Cleansing Cream Plus Moisturizer Unisex, 354 ml (Pack of 3)
Noxzema Deep Cleansing Cream Plus Moisturizer Unisex, 354 ml (Pack of 3)
Offered by Cosmetic Solutions Inc.

5.0 out of 5 stars Noxzema clean + moisturizer is supreme, 18 Sept. 2013
Noxzema has a feeling like no other, and although I have never found the original drying, I felt, especially as my skin is aging, that having the moisturizer is a bonus. The product refreshes and soothes at the same time. Your face feels clean but not tight. And I love the smell. It is unique to Noxzema.

Page: 1 | 2